Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Low Idle RPMs and Stalling

15K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rendog 
#1 ·
I would like to start off this thread by saying that today I had the oil and transmission fluid changed. Now, the problems that I have been experiencing for the past month(s) or so is that the transmission seems to have been slipping/not catching and the RPMs while idling seem to be too low. Another guess is that gas may not be getting though the gas line quickly enough when starting the car cold.

Here is what happens: Every night, after getting out of work, at around 10pm, when the temp ranges from the mid 50s to lower 70s, I start the car, turn the ac, headlights, and radio on, then shift into reverse. I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right to back out of my spot. By this point the RPMs are dangerously low and the car sounds as if it is about to stall. I let up off the brake pedal and back up slowly, giving it no gas, I slowly back up while the car seems like it will stall, vibrates, and makes a grinding noise. I hit the gas but nothing responds until after a few seconds. Then, something catches and I shoot backwards from the pressing of the gas. Same thing then happens after shifting into drive to take off. The same also happens when driving straight out of the driveway in the morning. Tonight, the car actually did stall while I was backing up.

As a related issue, my RPMs have always seemed a bit low while sitting there idling.

Please, does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? This problem bothers and worries me.

See less See more
#4 ·
+1

The EGR should not effect the idle when the car is first started, so I doubt that is your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.