Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

The elusive Hematite Metallic color

80K views 59 replies 41 participants last post by  cheongkin 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen this color in person? I just now found a youtube video of it that had some actual pictures. But other than that its just CGI pictures. No dealer around here has any. Im sure they will get some in the future but Im wanting to buy one soon and Im deciding between the hematite and the alabaster silver.

I cant link youtube since Im at work but search for 2013 Hematite Accord.

Its looks like there is a little green in there but its hard to tell on a computer screen.

BTW anyone know the speaker sizes of the Sport model?

#4 ·
Has anyone seen this color in person?
I've seen one. It grayest and darker then modern steel. It changes color depending on the light hitting it, most likely because it is metallic. You can see green sparkles when the sun hits it but the green is hard to see in the shade. I like it but others may not.

I took some photos with my iPod Touch but they are not too good. I will post them if someone tells me where to save the photos so I and add them to this thread.

#5 ·
PS
The only sedan colors I have not seen in person are Champagne and basque red.

#6 ·
I found a dealer in Illinois that has one in. Here are a few shots he sent me. Definitely some green in there. I wish there was no green in it and it was a dark metallic gray. That would have been nice. Looks like a silver sport for me now.

Attachments

#7 ·
The hematite color looks pretty sharp IMO. ANYTHING but alabaster silver metallic. I saw the Basque Red II color and its not bad if that color suits you. When I got my V6 they had it in the color I have and the Basque Red II

#12 ·
I saw this color at the dealer yesterday and I really love it. It's like a grayish, brownish, black (if that makes sense) and when the sun hits it looks really sharp. If I went to buy the 2013 Accord, it would be my top choice.

#16 ·
Thanks for the thread, I am getting a 2013 Accord EX-L and am contemplating either a modern steel metallic or a hematite metallic, I had a dark silver metallic 2004 Accord SE and thinking of the new hematite metallic, but afraid that's is too green or the silver not stand out. Is the modern steel an old color, would appreciate anyone has the modern steel metallic would offer any comments?

#17 ·
Personally since my '13 is a MSM, I feel it is a classy color. At night when its partially lit out, the car gives a lavenderish hue which is pretty cool. I also took a liking to the new hematite color though the dealership did not have any in stock seeing that their '13s were limited at time of purchase seeing that it just started rolling out here. I would suggest to go to a dealership and look at the color in person. A picture of it can only do so much justice. :thmsup:

#24 ·
Silver and grey cars seem to age pretty well and garner more interest when it comes to used car sales because of their neutralilty, at least in my experience. My last three cars were either silver or grey and were relatively easy for me to live with and maintain in the long term. However, there comes a time when you want to get a colour that really reflects your interests, so here we have amber, green, champagne, red, etc (shame there is no dark purple).:thumbsdow

#26 ·
Hematite sport

I just bought the Sport in Hematite Metallic. The photo posted by another poster is pretty accurate. In the day it looks greenish and at night, gray. However, I have had 2 people so far say they didn't see green at all even in the day. Maybe they are color blind? The point is, it's a very subtle color... I love it. I usually go for the gray colors and my 2012 civic was the crimson pearl, but this color looks classy and somewhat unique. We'll see if it stays that way! LOL:)

#30 ·
I was originally going to get hematite metallic, but when I went in to make the decision they had a hematite metallic sitting next to modern steel. I ended up buying the modern steel. The two colors are really similar, both look grey in the shade or at night. In the sun, hematite has a slight green tint and modern steel has a slight blue tint. Both are nice IMO but the slight blue tint won me over.

#31 ·
Once I saw the Champagne Frost Pearl (EX-L V6) it was an easy decision. MMS was my next choice but keeping it clean was my worry.

Attachments

#32 ·
Another Champagne Pearl!

The Modern Steel was what I wanted until I saw the Champagne. The dealer drove it from the back and parked it on the line while the wife and I were standing there and we both said, "that's the one".

It is the EXL-V6 with Navi, I am adding the lip spoiler and already did the tint. I would like to change the wheels but have not seen anything that I really want yet. I like the HFP 19s that glen e added to his coupe but not sure what they will look like on the sedan.

I just need to get some decent pictures to post.

#37 ·
I got the car for $31,500 (MSRP was $32860) plus license and reg (I think it came to about $200), tax in my state is 6.75, your area may be different.

I don't think I got a great deal or anything, this car was about the only V6 left in the state and it had the nav so it was even more. When I bought the car about 3 weeks ago inventories were very low, there were some I4s around but if I wanted a V6 it was this car, a blue one, a grey one with the compete body kit plus aftermarket wheels and a bunch of other stuff (almost $37,000) or special order and wait and the dealer knew that he was in a great position.

I loved the color and was actually glad it was the only one around. I typically don't like light color cars so I would not have looked at it otherwise. In the end I absolutely love this car and I feel like I got a fair deal. I did not want the nav but now that I have it I am glad I got it.

Hope this helps.