Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

driver side power windows and locks not working?

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MusicMan374 
#1 ·
Hi,
been driving the 2000 v6 accord without issues for the last 6 years, and lately electrical problems are creeping up.
The dashboard light have gone out, I checked the fuse and don't think its the bulb. because once in a while the dash would lit up. I usually don't drive in at night, just a day commuter for work, so I left that issue for a while.
Car start having problem with warm start, and shuts off. I have replaced the Main Relay last week and problem seems to have gone away. Don't know if this have any issues with my windows and door locks.

Then out of no where, the driver side lost control over other windows and door locks. all window can be operated at their own switch. passenger side door lock switch is functioning. remote control and only operate driver side lock, pressing twice cannot open all locks anymore.

Please help!! realy appreciate if anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Not sure about your dash lights or starting issues, but the door lock and window issue sounds like the master switch in your armrest. You should try replacing that entire unit. Look up replacing master switch on google or YouTube, you'll find a decent tutorial, it's a fairly easy job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.