Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Fuel pump cut off switch

18K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  korbas 
#1 ·
Well last night I had an awful dream that was so realistic. My car was stolen out front of a liqueur store while I was in the grocery store next door. I bought two packs of hot dogs and bean's. Ended up stealing them in the rush to only return to pay for them because my car was gone. I remember it didn't have a security system so nothing alerted me while I was away from it. Once I woke up from the dream I remembered seeing something about a fuel cut off switch for easy anti theft device. I think Tracy from Trucks! showed me it. Anyway my question to you guy's is what wire should I splice into for the cut off switch? Should I go directly to the pump's wiring or should I follow the wire back some away from the pump and splice it there so it doesn't look obvious. Would a 25 amp toggle switch suffice? Any good suggestion's for hiding it? I know I probably don't have much to worry about but at least I could sleep better at night knowing my car is shut off and will be very difficult to start if your a thief.

#3 ·
It has door locks and they work but I always thought that when it beeped there was some sort of an alarm but I tried it one day and nothing no alarm nothing just unlocked and opened up. Do those club's even work? Plus the switch is quick and easy to use vs putting the club on every time when I could just flip a switch.

#6 ·
True I didn't think of the immobilizer there is no way to by pass that? Also I tried the panic that work's but when I roll the windows down and lock I can pull the lock and nothing happen's I have the SE if that help's I am not sure if it comes with one or not? Maybe we just stumbled on something I need to fix asap.

#8 ·
Also I tried the panic that work's but when I roll the windows down and lock I can pull the lock and nothing happen's I have the SE if that help's I am not sure if it comes with one or not? Maybe we just stumbled on something I need to fix asap.
Pull the lock knob up and then open the door.

#7 ·
A fuel cutoff switch will do nothing when they hook up your car with a tow truck and drag it away.

No one steals cars in front of grocery stores unless the car is unlocked and keys in ignition. It simply takes too much time now. They'll just drag it somewhere else where they can work on it for a while.

#14 ·
I went out and tried it sat in the car locked horn sounded and then the radio anti theft blinked normally. Nothing on the radio nothing when I pulled the lock and opened the door.

#15 ·
Just put a aftermarket alarm system on it. Some of them are way more sensitive and would beep even if somebody touches the car. There is also satellite tracking device that you can put on your car. If it ever gets stolen they will immediately track down the location and notify the police.

#16 ·
That's cool and all but how hard is it to install on my own. I have a pretty decent knowledge when it comes to electrical system's.

#19 ·
Between the immobilizer and stock alarm you are pretty well protected.

It sounds like you have tested it properly. What you did would set off my '03 and '07. An easy solution would be to see if there is a fuse for the alarm. Check the owners manual. Otherwise you may have to take a trip to the dealer

From what I read lately you should worry more about your wheels being stolen!

#20 ·
its an accord not a civic. No one going to steal it. There are plenty of "HOT" cars to steal, what are they going to do? Strip the accord and sell the parts on DA? no one wants the k24a8 motor. If they are going to steal it at least its going to be a k24a4 then strip it down to do a k24/20 frank.

Its like that for the J-series on our car also. They can't work with it since there are no headers and the ECU is emo.

Only way in hell they are going to steal it is if they had a tow truck, but hey is what insurance is for. Most likely they are going to steal your rims before they steal your whole car.

#21 ·
Professionals generally don't steal hot cars often, though obviously they do steal some.. Parts is where the money is. Ease of access is usually a priority as well. The 4th and 5th gen Accord are among the most commonly stolen cars. EK Civics and Integras of the same ilk are popular as well as they are easy to steal. Your definitely right about the rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.