Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

dome light is not working!

69K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Toshbar 
#1 ·
my dome light recently went out, i was trying to replace it. The bulb is still in perfect condition when i took it off, but i still put the new bulb in it. It's still not working . The door courtesy lights and map lights are all working. The only fuse i know is the interior light fuse on the driver' side foot. Is there another fuse for the dome light? has anybody experienced this issue?
My ride: 2003 EX Coupe V6.
Thank you in advance

#3 ·
Check your fuse

#5 ·
Theres a fuse box near the engine bay right on top of the stock intake

I doubt it has anything to with the other one outside. Take the parts out and check the wires and other stuffs.

#9 ·
what I do when customers pull up with this issue is remove the lens that has the problem. remove the bulb. and squeeze the two prongs together. insert bulb and test. the light should illuminate. The connection may just be poor.

#13 ·
i had this same problem on my 2009 Accord. i checked the interior fuse, as well as the fuse under the hood. Both are fine. The bulb looked fine, but on a whim i swapped the bulb with a map light bulb. The bulb ended up being the problem.
It's strange because most bad bulbs are apparent.

#16 ·
To revive this thread a bit... the driver's side dome light bulb was burnt out and I finally got around to replacing it. Right after I did, everything worked fine. An hour later, the driver's side dome light does not come on when I open the doors (the rest do). It will turn on if i press the light to turn it on manually, so it's not the bulb. I remember reading something about a fix, but now I can't seem to find that info.

#19 ·
Easy fix if you follow the instructions, you can put the switches back together with super glue. The map light switches switch the ground path between the door switches and the ground point in the roof, the internal connectors bend. Taking the switch apart and cleaning and bending the connections fixes the issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#21 ·
Did the above fix tonight and it worked!
This thanksgiving I will be thankful that my map lights turn on when the doors are opened.

BTW, super glue would not hold the switch together. I had to melt the two pieces together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.