ignition kill switch - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

ignition kill switch

Hi guys I want to install kill switch to my accord,any of you guys did this any advice where to install( fuel pump, clutch pedal....) I shipping my car to europe and I just want add this as additional security... any advice what switch to buy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Gas pedal is on the right

My kill switch is on the fuel pump...car will crank and start, but choke out after 5 seconds of idling. I don't have a switch, I have a "key" that I've hidden such that even if you find it, you wouldn't know what it was.

You'll need the service manual.

11-45 is the fuel system circuit. You want wire F22 - Gray
22-76 tells you where connector F is on the driver's fuse panel.
22-101 tells you what wires correspond to what pin # on connector F.

Cut the wire, strip back some insulation, put with a switch of you choice in-line (heat shrink tubing + solder the connections). You want to use an ON/OFF switch, NOT a momentary (ON) switch. (ON) means momentary. I routed the wiring of my switch under the carpet so you can't tell I made any modifications to the harness.

Took me a few hours , and it's really cramped working conditions. And I'm not saying what my key is or where I put it
----
91 Octane Tune - KTuner
UR Full Chassis Kit + 22mm Sway Bar + MOOG End Links
Akebono Perf. Pads, StopTech Slotted Rotors, SS Brake Lines
Mechman 180A Alternator, Big 3 Upgrade
----
Valentine One, HP-905 Laser Jammer, Nexus 7, Scantool MX, Garmin 2555LMT, Galaxy S5, Sleek 4G booster || Dash Cam || License Plate Flipper
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 AM
5th Gear

I ran a vehicle security business for 7 years and I applaud you wanting to add more security, especially in Europe where the thieves tend to be a bit more sophisticated. I know because that's where my business was (UK). Although the Honda OEM system will hinder an opportunist joyrider, it's always better to have a bit more if the more determined thieves target your car.

Ignore those who come along with the same old tired "if they want it, they'll get it so why bother". Those who say that don't practice what they preach. If you want proof, just ask them if they leave their doors unlocked and alarm disarmed! If they say no, they are hypocrites but I digress. Of course, these same people don't know the difference between an alarm system and an anti-theft sytem. An alarm attempts to deter and alert of theft attempts. An anti-theft system works to keep your car where it's parked. One can be ignored, the other cannot--except if towed away.

Anyway, to your question, a fuel kill is a good option. However, a better option would be to install a two- or three-circut immobilizer. These devices allow you to kill starter, fuel, ignition or headlights but they must be stealthy and WELL-INSTALLED. Actually, any kill should be WELL installed given the consequences of an installation-related failure.

One last thing...secure your keys! These days, virtually few newer (say 2005) and later cars are stolen by hotwiring or with a screwdriver in the ignition switch. They are stolen when drivers leave keys in the ignition, carjackings, or with technology and illegal key copies (Google "BMW security flaw").

Good luck. Enjoy Europe.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Gas pedal is on the right

I looked into all the possible ways to disable our cars back when I did my install. I think problem with the starter/ignition circuit is it runs into the engine bay connectors/fuse boxes and would be a lot more of a pain than hitting the fuel pump which uses the driver's underdash box.

I figure if a thief can get past the fuel pump immobilizer, they'll get through anything else I do anyways. Or they'll just tow the car. And that's why we have insurance.
----
91 Octane Tune - KTuner
UR Full Chassis Kit + 22mm Sway Bar + MOOG End Links
Akebono Perf. Pads, StopTech Slotted Rotors, SS Brake Lines
Mechman 180A Alternator, Big 3 Upgrade
----
Valentine One, HP-905 Laser Jammer, Nexus 7, Scantool MX, Garmin 2555LMT, Galaxy S5, Sleek 4G booster || Dash Cam || License Plate Flipper
Old 06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
6th Gear

when I used to install kill switches on my cars they were under the driver carpet below the seat. I use a toggle switch that I recess into the seat support. ensure the switch can handle the fuse amperage, or at least 20amp.

the fuel pump and shift lever release ground are located there, so I just interrupt the ground circuit.

I remove the driver seat and pull up the carpet to install it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.