Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Windshield wiper adjustment

87K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  dale merrill 
#1 ·
Hey, could anybody help me out? On my 6th gen Accord, the windshield wipers go too far in either direction, the drivers blade goes off the side of the windshield and goes down and slams into my hood. I was wondering if there was any way to adjust the motor or tighten the links for the arms themselves. I was messing around under the hood last night and found that when I move the arm the linkage seems loose. If there is a way to remove the cover from the motor, it seems like I might be able to just tighten the linkage, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
It looks like the linkage where it connects to the motor is where you'd adjust it at.... (see step 5)

Attachments

#4 ·
:D

Glad to help!

#7 ·
i want to say that maybe the nuts holding the arms to the linkage need tightening down....

i should do the same for mine.... :)

#9 ·
it seems like most old hondas tend to do that....

my old 90 did the same thing as well.... only the driver's side tho....

#11 ·
I am assuming that this procedure will also work for a 98' ? Same gen different year... Trying to fix this exact same problem on a 98'. My parents trusty mechanic, can not / will not fix it... :( So diggin I must go..

#13 ·
Is this a warranty covered item? Mine or doing the same thing on the driver side hitting the A pillar.?

#15 ·
Well, I managed to squeeze about another year out of it by adjusting where the wiper arms sit on the pivots...but...

This morning the drivers arm is totally fubar'ed. Turned on the wipers and the damn thing only moves an inch or two up and down! With the wipers off, I can move the arm the entire length of the travel by hand. The other is working ok, so I assume the motor is fine. Seems it's just the bushing where the driver's arm seats into.

Could those of you who have already done this fix tell me what part(s) you used from the diagram below?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=4DR+EX+V6&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=FRONT+WINDSHIELD+WIPER

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.