Sticky AC button - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 04:49 AM
1st Gear

Sticky AC button

I ran a search and couldn't really find any other mention of this one - I noticed last night that the "recirculate" button on my AC sticks every time I press it. I've only had the car four days and I took delivery with 16 miles on it, so I can't imagine something already being spilled behind the buttons or anything - any advice on what to do to fix it? Also, should the light inside the starter button stay illuminated when the car is running? Thanks guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Out of Control

Welcome to the forum amd congrats on your new car. I don't know about the recirculate sticking. Does the button itself stick in the depressed possition or does it stick in the recirculate mode? I never looked to see if the start button is illuminated at night, but I don't think so. According to the owners manual the red light in the start button illuminates when you press the button with your foot off the brake pedal to indicate that the car is in the accessory mode, if you press on the brake and press the button the engine will start and the red light will extinguish while the engine is running.
San Marino Red 170,000 miles and still counting!
2007 Fit Sport Silver 56,000 miles and going strong.
Previous Honda: 1994 Accord Wagon Red, 1988 Prelude White, 1981 Accord 4 Door Ivory
Previous Cars before Honda: 73 Mazda RX2, 63 VW Bug, 63 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spyder, 70 Toyota Crown, 59 Vauxhall Victor (worst car ever produced, a pre Yugo, Yugo)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:29 AM
1st Gear

Ahh okay...for some reason I was just thinking that the green light should be illuminated on the starter button while the car is running.

As for the AC - it is the physical button that gets stuck in the "depressed" state - the mode changes when it is pressed. I just have to lightly tap on it and the buttons around it to get it to pop back up. I don't really want to have to take it back to the dealer for something so simple lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlt1984 View Post
Ahh okay...for some reason I was just thinking that the green light should be illuminated on the starter button while the car is running.

As for the AC - it is the physical button that gets stuck in the "depressed" state - the mode changes when it is pressed. I just have to lightly tap on it and the buttons around it to get it to pop back up. I don't really want to have to take it back to the dealer for something so simple lol.
Why not just cycle the button several times without power on the car. The button may just be tight because it's new. If that doesn't work the spring mechanism behind the button my be defective. Do the other ones work smoothly? I would take it to the dealer and have them repair or replace the entire heating and Airconditioning control panel.

Unfortunately, Honda doesn't manufacture every component on the car and the companies that supply those parts are usually the ones who are the lowest bidder. Not a pleasant thought when riding in an airplane at 35,000 ft.

In this heat I run mine continuously in recirculate to get colder air and to keep out exhaust fumes in traffic.
San Marino Red 170,000 miles and still counting!
2007 Fit Sport Silver 56,000 miles and going strong.
Previous Honda: 1994 Accord Wagon Red, 1988 Prelude White, 1981 Accord 4 Door Ivory
Previous Cars before Honda: 73 Mazda RX2, 63 VW Bug, 63 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spyder, 70 Toyota Crown, 59 Vauxhall Victor (worst car ever produced, a pre Yugo, Yugo)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Why not just cycle the button several times without power on the car. The button may just be tight because it's new. If that doesn't work the spring mechanism behind the button my be defective. Do the other ones work smoothly? I would take it to the dealer and have them repair or replace the entire heating and Airconditioning control panel.

Unfortunately, Honda doesn't manufacture every component on the car and the companies that supply those parts are usually the ones who are the lowest bidder. Not a pleasant thought when riding in an airplane at 35,000 ft.

In this heat I run mine continuously in recirculate to get colder air and to keep out exhaust fumes in traffic.
I'll try that...when I leave work it is so hot (haven't received sun visor or tinted the windows yet) that the AC seems to cool the car off faster if I pull in external air for the first five minutes or so, then switch back to recirculate. I work in a part of town where it's safer to do that than roll the windows down for a few minutes LOL

My weather tech liners and sun visor with cutout for the FCW arrive today, thank God for FedEX Saturday delivery
Old 08-03-2013, 03:12 PM
High Maintenance

Get those windows tinted...I even had the brow on the windshield done on mine. It helps, a lot (and being in Houston, OMG I would be melting)!!! Also, be aware of the tint issues with the dot matrix and the options because the tint does NOT stick
2000 Accord CR-V AWD (for teen Minx #1)
2002 Acura MDX Touring (for the Minx family)
2006 CBR 600F4i (for Mr. Minx commuter)

Previous Minx Hondas
2009 Accord Sedan V6 EX-L with Navi
1998 Acura Integra GS-R
1995 Del Sol Si
1994 Accord EX-L
1992 CRX Si
1995 CRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.