Cruise Control Won't Engage - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 PM
My First Post

Cruise Control Won't Engage

I have an 03 honda accord and since I purchased it I cannot get the cruise control to engage. When i push the button, the light comes on I'm the dash bit as soon as I let off the button it turns off again. The cruise control function won't world at all due to this. Any suggestions on what to check? Honda told me its $120 for them to just diagnose the issue. (I am not mechanically savvy, so lamens terms please. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 AM
. . .

Maybe it's an issue that was brought up in TSB* 03-072 ?

* TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

Quote:
SYMPTOM
The customer complains about at least one of these intermittent symptoms:
• A/C doesn‘t work.
• Cruise control doesn‘t work.
• A/T shift position indicator in the instrument cluster doesn‘t work.

NOTE: When this problem occurs, all of these symptoms are present, but the customer may not notice them all.

PROBABLE CAUSE
A communication problem between the F-CAN (controller area network) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Update the PCM software.

Similar issue was brought up in these threads:
Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdrose View Post
I have an 03 honda accord and since I purchased it I cannot get the cruise control to engage. When i push the button, the light comes on I'm the dash bit as soon as I let off the button it turns off again. The cruise control function won't world at all due to this. Any suggestions on what to check? Honda told me its $120 for them to just diagnose the issue. (I am not mechanically savvy, so lamens terms please. Thank you.
I have an 03 accord and about 3 weeks ago I started to have that same problem. It appears the on-off switch has gone bad on the steering wheel on mine, so that it no longer stays in the on position,but simply pops back to off when I let go. I'm probably just going to find a way to force mine to always stay on, probably using a bit of epoxy.

If it's the Set button that's not working, check out the links the other posters have linked to.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
The cruise control button is a mechanical button. If it does not latch, you have to replace it, likely the entire control cluster for the cruise control. You can probably find one off ebay for about $45.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:56 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Try pulling on the cruise power switch to try to get it to click out before pushing it back in. Sometimes if there is gunk built up behind two position switches like this you cannot get it to stay in the depressed position without having it come out to the fully extended position first.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39065
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cruise control, electrical, honda accord 2003 lx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.