Rear Seat pass through modification? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

Rear Seat pass through modification?

Hi everyone,

Has any one found a way to modify the rear seat to allow for a pass through? With the colder weather coming, I am thinking ahead to ski season and how to get to the mountains. Has anyone cut a hole into the back seat to make a pass through? Does anyone offer an aftermarket option? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help. Trying to figure out my options before I start a search for a rack. Always better to have the skis in the car to keep them clean from road grim!

Best,

Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRob View Post
Hi everyone,

Has any one found a way to modify the rear seat to allow for a pass through? With the colder weather coming, I am thinking ahead to ski season and how to get to the mountains. Has anyone cut a hole into the back seat to make a pass through? Does anyone offer an aftermarket option? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help. Trying to figure out my options before I start a search for a rack. Always better to have the skis in the car to keep them clean from road grim!

Best,

Rob
I feel your pain. Another great feature that the idiots at Honda took away from us.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
3rd Gear

Yup, can't understand why they wouldn't make a 60/40 split... no good reason at all.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
1st Gear

Agreed, no reason to not split the seat 60/40. Must be a cost savings measure!

Dropping the whole seat doesn't work for me - with the whole family in the car, the back seat is used and therefore is left up.

I'm thinking of seeing how thick the seat material is between the rear center arm rest and the trunk. If thin enough, I may be able to cut a hole out and add a zipper. Thinking this would allow me to pass through skis when needed, but otherwise leave it closed to dampen the noise from coming through.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

The whole seat split thing was nearly a deal breaker for my wife and I...but I have a Ford Edge already so if we need to haul anything, we can at least use that...

I think if you were to break apart the seats, even if you somehow managed to do a great job (let alone the fabric/leather would need to be wrapped around), it might ruin the structural/safety integrity of the rear seats.

Like you said, I think the only option would be to somehow cut the space underneath the armrest and have it fold down somehow, and clip back up. Wouldn't be able to use it for anything else than skis though!

Or consider snowblades. lol.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

I'm sorry to revive this old thread but I am considering the purchase of a 2014 Touring but the lack of a ski pass through is a big problem for me.

Has anyone been successful at retrofitting a decent looking and working ski pass through ?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Former H Master Tech

Get a Thule or comparable roof rack system. I have a set that i used a few times with my snowboards this winter. Its less permanent and easier, plus you can sell them when your done using them. Now that is the end of ski season (in america at least), you should be able to find a set for a decent price. Just make sure you apply a 3m clear barrier at the contact points to prevent scratching the paint.
14' Accord Sport CVT- 19x10/8.5 Vossen CV1, K-Sport Coilovers, Touring LED Headlights & Taillights, HID fogs, exLED int lights, SPC camber kit, TL-SH RSB, 15% tint, MB Quart Speakers & 8" Sub, JBL amp, PIAA Horns, Injen CAI, HFP body kit, Rem Start... ect
05' Mitsubishi Evo VIII- 641AWHP Full blown Time Attack race car
06' Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4- 457WHP/893WTQ lifted on 35" tire
09' Honda CR-V EX-L AWD- Wifey's
Old 04-02-2014, 04:02 AM
1st Gear

The lack of the 60 / 40 drives me crazy. My old 04 Coupe had it and I loved it. Drooing the entire back seat is PIA. Never mind the loss of space. Since my skis are in the car at least 3 times a week, I found my back seat was always down this year with my 13. Ski season is pretty much done in my area now and the back seat has gone back up and will probably stay there until next December. I am not fan of the roof boxes or racks so I will have to grin and bear it.

I am convinced its a cost saving thing that killed the 60 / 40 Provide useless voice recognition instead of the split. Saves the extra matierial in the seat, saves a "pull" assembly in the trunk and probably a few extra parts where the seat sits against the trunk
Old 04-02-2014, 05:18 AM
1st Gear

Yea, it's annoying. I would have paid an extra $50.00 or whatever it costs to have a 60/40 split seat.

Do the other models (i.e LX, EX, etc) have the 60/40 split? If they do, maybe there's a way to swap in a seat from another model (although the latch and release mechanism may be very different).

Shifter cut
Cargo Hooks
WeatherTech Mats
Horn upgrade
Polk DB651s in rear
SiriusXM
Old 04-02-2014, 05:21 AM
5th Gear

Don't know the details, but there is a thread here on "Basslink" where the guy made an opening so the Basslink would play into the cabin more.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:13 AM
2nd Gear

Here's that BassLink thread: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=169770

I suppose if the opening size of the area behind the arm rest is big enough for your skis to fit through, some sort of decent looking fabrication could be done to cover up when not in use. Snowboards ain't gonna fit though.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 AM
4th Gear

I think all trims come down in one piece. Sucks. I was in my friends car the other with 40/20/40 split. Jealous.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rear seat ski pass thru

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.