keeping steering wheel controls with stereo ungrades to ex-l - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Audio & Electronics

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

keeping steering wheel controls with stereo ungrades to ex-l

As a Noobie to this site i am trying to put together a system for my 09 ex-l with premium/Nav, i absolutely want to keep the steering wheel controls and from what i have been reading, i am going with Hybrid Audio technologies unities for the front doors and imagines in the rear doors powered by an ARC 900.6 amp and a mosconi 6to8 DSP still undecided on a sub,but my question to you Audio experts is can i still control volume from the steering wheel controls as well as some Bass/treble, i did read a post here somewhere from a member that put a similar system in and put the DSP in the trunck with the Amp, i thought you needed the DSP to be within reach to make adjustments....HELP i was thinking of a Audison bit one or the JBL ms-8 but from what i have read Mosconi 6-8 will be fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 PM
1st Gear

anyone help me here???
Old 10-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Thunder Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag View Post
As a Noobie to this site i am trying to put together a system for my 09 ex-l with premium/Nav, i absolutely want to keep the steering wheel controls and from what i have been reading, i am going with Hybrid Audio technologies unities for the front doors and imagines in the rear doors powered by an ARC 900.6 amp and a mosconi 6to8 DSP still undecided on a sub,but my question to you Audio experts is can i still control volume from the steering wheel controls as well as some Bass/treble, i did read a post here somewhere from a member that put a similar system in and put the DSP in the trunck with the Amp, i thought you needed the DSP to be within reach to make adjustments....HELP i was thinking of a Audison bit one or the JBL ms-8 but from what i have read Mosconi 6-8 will be fine

Any reason you're going with rears?

The Bit.ten/Bit.one is very nice, along with the 6to8, but they require more than just purchasing them. Unless you have RTA (or at least an SPL meter, even though that's not really enough) and know what you're doing, you might want to dive into something with auto-tune capabilities first. The MS-8 is great for most as it auto-tunes (very well btw), but quite a bit of adjustment AFTER the auto-tune has completed. After you've grasped what you want, how to go about it, etc...then purchase a manual tuning DSP. You can make it better with manual tuning obviously, but you can also make it MUCH worse than it should be.
ultramag (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply, i was only thinking of upgrading the rears to fill in,and our Adult kids travel with us a lot [for now]!! Still won't leave home, My installer is very knowledgeable about these DSP's and has done many hi end installs,i was very interested in another forum member here that also used a Mosconi 6 to 8 with mostly JL components and kept all factory controls a very nice install,my installer did mention to just put entry level HAT mirus's in the rear and upgrade to the clarus comp. for the front stage and he is hot on Arc amps and he tells me the 900.6 with defeatable crossovers will give me all the clean power i can use,Now i need to choose a sub set-up, any thoughts or suggestions,was thinking of something of an enclosure on either side of the rear quarter panel,keeping in mind the car will be sound deadened,i really want to keep the trunk clear of a sub box,may sink the amp and DSP like others i have seen here.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

Red face Dsp

Do i HAVE to install a DSP on my ride?? Wasn't aware of the price,man these are as costly or costlier than the Amp.Do they make that much of a difference even with higher end comp. speakers.If so i better start saving for my spring time build
Old 10-31-2013, 10:52 AM
1st Gear

Red face

please ignore my query about DSP needed,as i found info on them he...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.