Front motor mount bolt - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Problems & Solutions

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 05:28 AM
1st Gear

Front motor mount bolt

Hi All, I just took my 00 V6 to the dealer to replace the OPDS unit. And I was quoted a $100+ for replacing a new front mount engine bolt... Is that bolt really broken? was it that fragile? I did not feel a thing when my engine is running at idle speed though...

Anyway, I wonder if anyone could give me a clue on how to check whether it is really broken. And if replacement is needed should I replace the engine mount as well? I was trying to search on line for buying the bolt but I was not able to find any yet. Does anyone have a web link for the parts, bolt and mount. I got the info for how to replace the front mount engine so I guess I could it myself...

Thanks folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim00 View Post
Hi All, I just took my 00 V6 to the dealer to replace the OPDS unit. And I was quoted a $100+ for replacing a new front mount engine bolt... Is that bolt really broken? was it that fragile? I did not feel a thing when my engine is running at idle speed though...

Anyway, I wonder if anyone could give me a clue on how to check whether it is really broken. And if replacement is needed should I replace the engine mount as well? I was trying to search on line for buying the bolt but I was not able to find any yet. Does anyone have a web link for the parts, bolt and mount. I got the info for how to replace the front mount engine so I guess I could it myself...

Thanks folks.
See if this helps

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...ponent=B++4702

looks like there 3 motor mounts, make sure you check all mounting bolts on mounts and brackets to see whats broken or missing.

2008 Accord LX, Alabaster Silver Metallic
gone 1985 XR4Ti
gone 1974 Opel Manta rally
Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaccord08 View Post
See if this helps

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...ponent=B++4702

looks like there 3 motor mounts, make sure you check all mounting bolts on mounts and brackets to see whats broken or missing.
That was it, thanks for the link (I thought i had it bookmarked before). Well the dealer mentioned the front engine mount bolt so I think he must mean the bolt attached to the engine mount, and I think he bs'ed me... b/c the bolt and the nut on the front engine mount are tightly intact... Let me try to unbolt it later on to see whether it strips easily.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 AM
6th Gear

$100 for the bolt or for the mount?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 PM
banned

$100 to replace the snub mount or just for the bolt?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 AM
1st Gear

He was saying the front mount engine bolt broken and it would cost me $100+ to replace the bolt... otherwise it may damge the transmission in a long run...

Well, I checked out the front mount rubber piece and no leak... tried to shake loose the bolt/nut (I cannot find the head bolt???) with my hand and no budge... the whole piece looks fine to me of course I am no way the expert anyway... Any suggestion for a proper way to check it out?

He was charging me 300+ for replacing the front O2 and I did it myself for $150+... but I paid that Honda dealer $400 bucks for doing the EGR kit thing since my warranty was over a few months... Man it's time to get the Haynes manual...
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim00 View Post
Man it's time to get the Haynes manual...
I would suggest the factory service manual from Helm over the Haynes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.