Dashboard Buzz/Rattle - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 03:42 PM
3rd Gear

Dashboard Buzz/Rattle

2014 Sport

Some kind of low frequency buzz or rattle coming from front right of cabin - could be in the glovebox area, could be passenger A pillar airbag cover which is also surprisingly loose (I can slide it up and down about half an inch), could be buried in the passenger side console. Difficult to tell.

Starting to get annoying, anyone had similar issues with an identified solution? Also heard some dealerships have devices able to identify the source of dashboard rattles - Internet folklore perhaps?
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
'13 Silver EX Sedan M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton View Post
2014 Sport

Some kind of low frequency buzz or rattle coming from front right of cabin - could be in the glovebox area, could be passenger A pillar airbag cover which is also surprisingly loose (I can slide it up and down about half an inch), could be buried in the passenger side console. Difficult to tell.

Starting to get annoying, anyone had similar issues with an identified solution? Also heard some dealerships have devices able to identify the source of dashboard rattles - Internet folklore perhaps?
There was a thread not too long ago about a fuel line bracket in the engine compartment that could buzz like you describe. Maybe start there?

Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
There was a thread not too long ago about a fuel line bracket in the engine compartment that could buzz like you describe. Maybe start there?

Jay
Thanks - I'll check it out.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM
4th Gear

Check the cover panel under the passenger-side dash. Mine was rattling. It's held in place near the firewall by pins with rubber isolators. The pin in the center of the panel had too much slack and was making noise. i simply pulled on the panel and the center pin popped under the hole, creating a wedge. I haven't hear it rattle since.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN9thSi View Post
Check the cover panel under the passenger-side dash. Mine was rattling. It's held in place near the firewall by pins with rubber isolators. The pin in the center of the panel had too much slack and was making noise. i simply pulled on the panel and the center pin popped under the hole, creating a wedge. I haven't hear it rattle since.
That's the general area it seems to be coming from - I'll definitely check it, thanks.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.