HFL help - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:09 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to zZz LoNeLy zZz
HFL help

i read the manual and all the research and found nothing about this hands free link. i can't import my phone book to the car because i have a razer which sucks so i have to store the name and number into the HFL itself. my question is, is there caller ID beside showing the number who is calling on the dash? i hate to look at my phone first to see who is calling then pick up using my steering wheel. is there a way where when someone called it say there name instead of the number? help me out guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 AM
3rd Gear

Send a message via ICQ to vlodnak69 Send a message via AIM to vlodnak69 Send a message via MSN to vlodnak69 Send a message via Yahoo to vlodnak69
Depends on the phone.

I had a Treo 755p -- which would NOT send CallerID to the car. (also wouldn't send the phonebook)

Now I use a BlackBerry 8830, which does it, on the 2nd ring the radio display shows the incoming number.

Hope this helps.

I also called HFL hotline (look on the handsfreelink.honda.com website) and the guy was VERY helpful in getting my BB 8830 set up properly.

-- Previous Hondas --
2005 Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4l, Nighthawk Black
1989 Accord LXi Coupe, Graphite Black
1988 Accord LXi Hatch, Blue
1987 CRX DX, White
1979 Accord LX Hatch, Brown
Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 AM
4th Gear

i can't import it so i stored it on the HFL itself. you can store up to 50 contacts all voice activated. i do get the incoming call number and the voice saying incoming call. what i want is to let the voice saying incoming call (name) or display the name on the LCD screen instead of the number. that way i won't pick up my phone first to see who it is. i don't like picking up unknown number.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
HFL does not support any caller ID functions other than displaying the incoming number in the LCD screen below the NAVI screen.

Because of phone compatibility issues I can see why it doesn't display any info from the phone . . . but it would be nice if it announced "You have an incoming call. Danielle Home." if you saved the # in HFL. The info is there already.

For full phone compatibility, it would be cool if the NAVI screen would display full caller ID info.

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6
Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 AM
3rd Gear

Send a message via ICQ to vlodnak69 Send a message via AIM to vlodnak69 Send a message via MSN to vlodnak69 Send a message via Yahoo to vlodnak69
What would REALLY be nice (and I have yet to see a built-in NAVI that does this on ANY car) is if I could bluetooth send or whatever an ADDRESS to the NAVI from my Blackberry.

It seems silly that I can send a contact/phone number but NOT the address.

But as I said... every company seems to fall short here.

-- Previous Hondas --
2005 Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4l, Nighthawk Black
1989 Accord LXi Coupe, Graphite Black
1988 Accord LXi Hatch, Blue
1987 CRX DX, White
1979 Accord LX Hatch, Brown
Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
4th Gear

daym, i guess i'm going to have to look at my phone so see who is callling before answering from th HFL.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

Hfl

To get a compatibe phone to handle all HFL capabilities is a pain in the butt! My Samsung SPH-m610 does work but I must enter contacts one at a time and does not allow Phone Book import. The answer I got from Samsung tech support was "Your phone does not support this feature". I contacted Honda Canada customer relations and they advised me to go to the Acura website to get a list of compatibile phones. I used the 08 Acura MDX as an example. Yes many many phones listed as approved "But aslo FLAGGED with exceptions"
which I don't want. After going through the whole list Sony Ericsson could be in the ball park. Do we have to wait for the maker's of mobile to play catch up??
http://www.handsfreelink.com/handsfree_gateway.tml
Old 02-06-2008, 03:45 AM
4th Gear

i tried the site you gave me. my razr would only connect but not import. i guess its all good. i just wanna hear the female voice saying incoming call from _____ instead of saying you got an incoming call and display the number on the LCD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.