Magnetic Car Bra! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
3rd Gear

Magnetic Car Bra!

Any comments on this Magnetic Car Bra? Anybody who were able to use this type of hood protection.

New, patented Magnetic Car Bra for 2008 Honda Accord. The Magnetic Car Bra is made from safety-coated, flexible magnetic sheet. It is UV-resistant vinyl on the outside and magnetized rubber underneath. This material is also used for magnetic car signs and the seal around your refrigerator door. The safety-coated material was designed to be used on cars. It will give problem-free service with almost no maintenance.

Conventional car bras can damage your paint. They trap road grit, and then flap and flutter in the wind, which will scratch and eventually wear through the paint. They also hold water, and if they are left on the car when they are wet, they will cause the paint to oxidize and fade. It is difficult and time-consuming to clean road grit from the bra and then wait for it to dry, but the only way to prevent damage from long-term use of a conventional bra is to clean and dry it frequently - as often as every few days.

Flexible magnetic sheet forms a tight seal that keeps out water and grit. It will not cause abrasion or oxidation. The magnetic bra can be left on a car permanently with only a few minutes of maintenance per month. All that is required is to wipe underneath with a damp cloth - as little as once a month, that's it.

The bumpers on most cars are plastic. Unlike steel, plastic flexes and absorbs impacts. This protects the bumper from rock chips. This can be observed by comparing the paint on the hood and bumper on older cars. 99 percent of rock chips occur on the hood. To view the difference Click Here. (Severe hood damage but bumper is OK.)

The magnetic car bra has a patented design that makes it theft-proof and secure at any speed. A durable U-shaped edge trim covers the leading edge and sides of the bra. This keeps wind and water out and prevents removing the bra without opening the hood.

Flexible magnetic sheet precisely follows the contours of the hood. The finest detail will show through. It will make your car look great, on or off.
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
5th Gear

no idea, here is the website, 60 bucks with shipping
http://www.magnetbra.com/
id only go with it on a black car though, unless they start making colors
Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
3rd Gear

Sounds cool

I would have to let someone else be the guinea pig though :P
Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
7th Gear

I dunno...I might try one.. I would not use it everyday...But when going on a LONG TRIP I would think having it would help.. However overthe long haul I would think that dirt and stuff would get between it and the paint and scratch the paint up...
Old 04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
O do u know the buffinman

Check out this thread..http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...t=magnetic+bra

I1

08 EXL V6 W/Nav PMM 4Dr @ 108K miles
My daily driver

08 Pilot EX-L Dark Cherry Pearl @ 46K miles
The Mrs. daily driver

The Kids
07 EXL I4 Moroccan Red Pearl 4Dr @ 80K Acquired 6/13

06 EXL I4 Carbon Bronze Pearl 4Dr @ 91K Acquired 3/13

Gone but not forgotten....
02 EXV6 Naples Gold 4Dr
96 VP I4 Heathermist 4Dr

[
Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM
6th Gear

I have a regular old bra I bought from the dealer.......take it off when its windy and dusty out......clean underneath and reattach it. I also take it off when I hear the first mention of dew, sprinkles or rain. Ive had it since 2004 and my hood looks as good as new.
2x Kicker Comp S 10's
Ported Box

SON OF THUNDER
Old 04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Texas Ground Pounder

Judging by the results of the other thread that Inspector1 listed, I think I'll stick with the 3M Clear Bra.
Mods:Fog Lights-front & rear TL sway bar-V6 MT shock tower bar-AEM V2-Magnaflow cat-back-Window & Moon visors-Kaminari Lip Kit-clear bra-Bug Shield-CUSCO Type II TSX Lower brace-Enkei EV5 wheels-Trans Cooler
Audio/Video:audio under construction-KP window up, one touch moonroof, mirror tilt-Dice iPod-Rear Camera-TVandNav2go Video
Wish List:Air Ride-Charger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.