GRR. Black Rubber Window Trim cover coming off - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Unhappy GRR. Black Rubber Window Trim cover coming off

:-( The black plastic/rubber sticky trim thing that is above the window on the door is coming off on my car. AGH. Going into the dealer later today to have them look at it and see what they can do. Ugh. Have you guys seen this before?
Attached Images

Next Mods: TL Key Conversion, Metal Trim Kit, Fog Lights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to 421
mine is slowly beginning to do that, I can see it very very slightly at the bottom corner. def would like to hear solution or if there's a DIY for it. have you noticed any discoloration in that black plastic piece between the windows? I'm gonna need to replace those soon as well
Old 05-12-2008, 12:50 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to WolfpackBill
It's a piece of black tape. If you take it off, it's a chrome trim underneath. Search for a thread on this.
Fog lights, autodimming mirror, USASpec iPod adaptor, LED backup lights, cathode lights in trunk, fog light mod, Inspire taillights, 35% tints, HID retro w/TSX projectors, lip spoiler, TL switchblade key, TL 17mm rear sway, TSX signal mirrors, TL rims
Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM
OCD

Take the tape off, take the trim off, carefully paint yourself or take to a body shop and have them paint it either glossy black or black metallic (your choice). Reattach with 3M body tape (that's what's holding them in the first place), don't press with fingers the trim dimples easily, use a cloth and press down with a large surace area. Dealer replaced mine under warranty and they're doing it again.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

Yea, I just got back from the dealer and they're replacing the tape under warranty, and also doing a section on the other side of the car underneath the side mirror as that area the tape is wrinkling up so it may give me the problem there too. couple days and they should have the tape in stock..

Next Mods: TL Key Conversion, Metal Trim Kit, Fog Lights
Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

take the tape off , chrome under it!

mike
Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

I had this same problem. When my car was under warranty they gave me a bunch of crap about covering it, but eventually did. When the side pillars start to go bad, those are really easy to replace and are under $30.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:47 AM
4th Gear

They replaced mine under warranty about 5-6 times (both driver and passenger doors, both upper and lower trims, not every time).

Now my car is out of warranty, and the part is around 130$ here in Canada. I think they also changed the part because the newer trims that were installed seems more robust than the one that came with the car and the first ones they changed. Now the black part seems like black plastic, it surely isn't tape right now.

If they ever do that again, I'll paint them, it will be cheaper than buying a new set at Canada's prices!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:05 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzal View Post
They replaced mine under warranty about 5-6 times (both driver and passenger doors, both upper and lower trims, not every time).

Now my car is out of warranty, and the part is around 130$ here in Canada. I think they also changed the part because the newer trims that were installed seems more robust than the one that came with the car and the first ones they changed. Now the black part seems like black plastic, it surely isn't tape right now.

If they ever do that again, I'll paint them, it will be cheaper than buying a new set at Canada's prices!
I think the warranty might be extended for another 12,000 or 1 year if warranty work done at the end of the original warranty period for the item originally fixed under warranty. You might want to check it out if you're not too far out of warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.