Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

DIY: Installing V6 Headlights w/LED DRL

29K views 89 replies 15 participants last post by  carelockh 
#1 ·
Figured I'd share my experience with installing these headlights:)

You'll need these parts:

'14 V6 Headlights Left:33150-T2A-A21 (Got it used on eBay for $120)
'14 V6 Headlights Right:33100-T2A-A21 (Got it new for $236 shipped from Boch Honda)
Pig tail wires: 04320-SAA-A00 ($7.10 from Hondapartsunlimited + shipping)
3P Connector: 04321-S0X-305 ($4.17 from Hondapartsunlimited + shipping)
Total cost for the above was right under $400

Good references:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175834
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87497

1) Bumper removal - NO need to remove push pins from bottom of the car except for two along the wheel well. Pretty simple. Remove screw on each side and push pin on wheel well and one right below the wheel well. Remove 6 push pins from the front.

2) Headlights - hardest part is to reach the screw that is about 6" deep into the bracket. Remove the 4 screws and the one push pin per headlight.

3) Wiring - This is how I'm wiring it but you can do it however. I'm wiring it up to the T10 socket for dim so it turns up like stock. I'll be wiring the "bright" wire later and will update this DIY along the way.

See less See more
#2 ·
Figured I'd share my experience with installing these headlights:)
Did you happen to do a DIY for your tail light swap?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Are there any flickering happen during day time with your set up?

The reason why I'm asking because I seen video where it flick if you use their harness. just curious..here is the video..

#6 ·
Are there any flickering happen during day time with your set up?

The reason why I'm asking because I seen video where it flick if you use their harness. just curious..here is the video..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lORqRXdiCWo&feature=youtu.be
I use the original hardtop guy harness without a problem. The flickering you see there is normal on a video recording led's, its due to the led light output at x htz and camera record at x frames per second, every so many frames will catch the led in between cycles. Won't be seen with the naked eye.

#15 ·
I'm far from an electrical guy myself but im an expert at plug and play lol. I can take detailed pics of his harnesses if that would help but other than that i don't know what else i could do. This will be the first time for me too switching out the headlights so im hoping all goes well.

#16 ·
Oh man.. I am in same boat as you are. I can do plug and play and follow good direction with some picture help. So Yes, it would great if you can take detailed pics of the harnesses and share your final set up if possible.

#18 ·
For those who are running retrofitted projectors and also want oem LEDs, the LED modules from the v6 headlights are plug and play. All you have to do is remove your OEM headlight and remove the small white plastic piece from the non-v6 and swap it in. You can just then change the black rear housing of the headlight as the v6 has a different hole drilled than the non v6 to accommodate for the LEDs. Add connectors and a relay and you should be good. This process requires more work because you have to bake your headlights, but useful for anyone who wants a full OEM build with projectors like me.

This post has been deleted
#37 ·
Alright guys, placed the order this morning. 2015 EXL V6 headlights are coming from Majestic Honda and harness is coming from HTG. Based on shipping looks like everything going to come over the weekend.

#39 ·
Yeap, it was crazy today I'm expecting mine to come on weekend so I might give a try on Wednesday next week.
This will be the first time I'm taking any parts specially bumper so I will take my time.
I'm thinking to test my lights first before taking anything off to make sure harness and lights work fine and then start the craziness. ..lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Well I already have OPT7 35W 5K HID for my low beams and ordered led switchback plus I'm getting led fog which will arrive this weekend.

#45 · (Edited)
cost

Roughly about $90 bucks :nerd you can get your LEDs...

here is mine versus HTG,

HTG:
2013-2015 V6 headlamps for 4 cly $674.00 (including harness)
Shipping for me at GA = 76.33
Total = $750.33

Mine:
Majestic Honda L & R headlights for 2015 EX-L V6 including shipping = $488.03
HTG Harness from Ebay (Free Shipping 2 days) = $169.00
Total = $657.03

Saving $93.27 for me, with this saving order upgraded Horn kit from CHH and LED Fog lights. LOL..:devil:laugh

Edit: Now I don't know how he run his warranty because his harness are non-returnable. so you might want to check with him if you buying headlights but I'm sure the buying headlights from Honda dealer will give you OEM warranty at least.

#48 ·
I will see. I will post some pictures once i get my hands on it. Beside, I am not that expert when it comes to car wiring but i done it my bumper reflector total custom made by watching youTube video. Now, i can do this but this time i decided to just go with HTG as I don't have time to do.

Hmm, I think he selling his w/harness for something like $1,000 now.
I am guessing you are looking at Coupe combo its $1049 without shipping.

The 4D Sedan combo is still $600+

But i noticed that harness price drop from $169 to $149...:0

#49 ·
Headlights arrived a day early but due to dam freezing weather can't do the bumper removal procedure. Hopefully weather gets better in next couple of days here at Atlanta then I will give a try. Meanwhile here is the new headlights with HTG harness.

I was confused about connection but Jeff from HTG walk me through. Very friendly service and totally understand how things get confusing specially for people like me....it was quick 5 min walk through and ready go...

#68 ·
V6 Headlights project completed

First of all, i wanted to thanks all of you who contribute to this thread. You guys helped me a lot specially, @cdx008 for starting this thread and making installation instruction as smooth as possible, @savagexx1 and @Alpinekev for helping me through the installation. You guys rock.

Thanks a million for all your help.

Attachments

#69 ·
First of all, i wanted to thanks all of you who contribute to this thread. You guys helped me a lot specially, @cdx008 for starting this thread and making installation instruction as smooth as possible, @savagexx1 and @Alpinekev for helping me through the installation. You guys rock.

Thanks a million for all your help.
Happy to see that all the hard work paid off, looks really good and I can't wait to get my body kit.

#77 ·
I decided to keep HID until I save some money but definitely wanted to do LED to remove all hid wires, it too much down there..lol

#82 ·
@keyun21 or anyone else

I removed fuse #2 which made it so the high beams would not come on as DRL's. When i get the new EX-L v6 headlights and HTG harness, do i need to re-install the fuse i removed?

#83 ·
No do not put the fuse back in, that will only cause the original Hi-beam DRLs to stay on with the new v6 DRL's. I learned that when I got mine installed and wondered why they were still functioning.

It won't cause any harm and your high beams will still function when you flash them etc.

#85 ·
Would you (or anyone else) know why my driver side high beam drl suddenly turned on when I'm driving? I know for a fact that this wasn't happening since I'm kinda anal about looking at my reflection in the rear of cars when I'm driving. If i flick my low beams on, it temporarily turns off. But then it just turns on again. I was going to pull the fuse but just wanted to make sure it wasn't an underlying issue.

I apologize for the ignorance, I'm a newbie when it comes to electrical wiring. I was just hoping some one could shed some light on my dilemma.

Thanks for any help!

#84 ·
W000H0000!!! Eagle Eyes headlights came in today! now to wait for the harness

Reactions: keyun21
#86 ·
Do you have v6 headlights installed or something? There may be something wrong with your wiring, might want to check it again is my guess otherwise not much to go on with lil info you've provided thus far. Maybe someone else can shed some light, when I had my previous 13' LX I had a pro install them with a custom homemade harness.

#88 ·
Yes, my mistake. I should've stated that. I have the v6 lights with the HTG harness. I'll try to check the wiring this weekend but it's hot ass hell in Cali and being outside isn't my favorite thing to do right now.

Are the LED DRLs working properly? Did you use the HTG harness or a diy? I made my own I'm also a newbie to electrical wiring but i think you don't need the original drl fuse anymore. Try pulling it off and see if that will solve the problem. If not it could be your harness. Im assuming you have HTG harness so maybe you can give them a call for technical support. Good luck.
The led DRLs are working perfect and everything else works great. It's a HTG harness. Did you pull the original drl fuse when you installed yours? Was I supposed to? It was working fine for a some time so I didn't even think twice about pulling it. I'll pull the fuse first thing tomorrow and report back.

I just wanted to see if anyone could quickly point out to why this suddenly happened. Bad wiring? Bad fuse? Bad ground? I have no idea.

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated! :grin

#89 ·
So I pulled fuse #2 under the dash and the led DRLs no longer worked, so I put it back.

I also noticed there's another drl fuse #8 under the hood. However, there was no fuse installed. So I pulled #2 and put it in #8. Still no led DRLs.

I ended up just putting everything back to normal. Quickly checked the harness and everything seem to be connected solid. I test drove it around my area for a while to see if the original DRL would come on again, but for some reason it's no longer turning on.
And now I'm confused :scratch:

Maybe pulling the fuse reset something? Or is that just wishful thinking? I'll just have to monitor it going forward. Going out of town for a few weeks so I won't have time to drop the bumper and fully inspect the HTG harness. These triple digits everyday don't help either. I'll update if/when I figure it out.

#90 ·
Me personally, I had the drl fuse #2 pulled and left it blank. Maybe try contacting HTG if he reponds in a timely manner. or someone else may be able to help you.

I had my own custom harness made as well, actually miss them but have a 16' ex so I'm content with it's drl leds. :)

Reactions: jmnral
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.