2008 Inspire trunk lid + tail lights, $395 shipped - Page 7 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_x11 View Post

I'll see if my now-unneeded original USDM Accord trunklid lower-garnish piece can be successfully modified to fit the JDM Inspire L/R reflectors (likely involve trimming, body-filler, integration of a few clip/fastener mounts, etc'). Ideal time to do such since I have both side-by-side for comparison.

Labor intensive perhaps, but not skill/technique intensive. Then, a simple repaint (which you'd have to do anyways) is all that's needed. I have the P/N's for the JDM Inspire L/R reflectors & needed hardware; the JDM parts vendor could easily import those for you. IIRC, I've posted these P/N's in the past.
http://materick.blogspot.com/2008/11...purchases.html

Oz:

IMHO and speaking from experience, when you repair a part of the car which tends to have a lot of movement or in this case, slamming the trunk close, body filler and body putty generally do not hold up well after time. Hence for all the effort you plan to apply to make the US deck garnish to accommodate the JDM tails lens, I really hate to see all your time and labor give way to cracks at the seems/joint after time. Plus, the US trunk garnish does not have any provision to securely hold the lens in place.

Just a thought that it might be better to just pay the cash and not worry about using the US trunk garnish lid.

fh
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 09:02 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_x11 View Post
Use the 'search', as it's been repeatedly been posted on various threads. That's what I/we did. And your query will be promptly answered!

But, I'll do the due-diligence for you & provide it here again...

Code:
(Quantity) P/N - Description:

(1) 34150-TA0-P01 - taillight reflector

(1) 34155-TA0-P01 - taillight reflector

(1) 74895-TA1-J11ZX - Inspire trunk-lid lower-garnish

"ZX" Color-codes:

B536P -ZA
NH624P -ZB 
NH700M -ZC 
NH737M - ZD 
PB81P - ZE 
R530P - ZF
YR562P -ZG 

(4) 90111-SJK-000 - hardware

(2) 90102-TA0-900 - hardware

(2) 90560-SDA-A01 - hardware

(6) 90102-TA0-003 - hardware

(2) 94050-06080 - hardware
I was wondering why these hardware are needed coz I thought most of them are already in our 08-09 trunk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Rice Rice Baby

Just wanted to say thanks to Fish_Hunter and everyone who are involved and commenting on this post. I'm getting my Inspire Trunk Lid soon. And this post is very helpful to me.

Got Rice?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Fish_Hunter and everyone who are involved and commenting on this post. I'm getting my Inspire Trunk Lid soon. And this post is very helpful to me.
I just got my rear trunk garnish paint matched and looking forward to install it soon.

I'd say go for the genuine garnish because it comes with all the unapplied sponge absorber, plastic and metal clips, sticker that prevents the reflectors from scratching the paint. The reflectors fit snuggly into the garnish as well.

All the sponge and goodies comes unapplied:

I have applied the one that goes along with the reflectors:

Before that many were wondering which bulbs should go with the reflectors.

However, I thought it is very clear that voltage was stated on the housing of reflectors so I decided to go with the OEM Honda plugs and bulbs. I've decided to light up the reflectors with 3 wires. The bulbs and plugs were obtained from some Honda tails at junkyard so I won't go wrong with the plugs and bulbs.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:19 AM

HikaruAccord, which vendor did you go with and how much was it? The hardware being included just tops the cake.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Rice Rice Baby

HikaruAccord where did you purchase your trunk garnish? and how much did you pay for yours? I just bought mine off ebay paid $305 unpainted and no extra bulb/accessory.

Got Rice?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen83 View Post
HikaruAccord, which vendor did you go with and how much was it? The hardware being included just tops the cake.
I bought it from Asia. As you can see, my part number is not 74895-TA1-J11that what this thread was suggested. It's 74895-TC1-T01ZG.

And yes, those OEM hardware and sponge tape make the life easier.

Quote:
HikaruAccord where did you purchase your trunk garnish? and how much did you pay for yours? I just bought mine off ebay paid $305 unpainted and no extra bulb/accessory.
The one you bought from ebay was genuine parts or replica? I know there was a guy selling the replica garnish, the licence plate area doesn't look the same.

I think my reflector assembly look different that what the ebay guy offers, mine has more wording and tex at the back and it's chrome. I'll post up more pictures.

And for the record, I custom the wiring harness. These OEM plugs and bulbs were obtained from scrapyard, 3 wires. I have the option to go for 2 wires, just leave the 3rd out which is for brake.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
5th Gear

Here's my reflectors, it has 3 metal clips so that you can secure the reflectors on trunk with Honda OEM size 10 bolts.

It has chrome finish at the back and some text and wording:

Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Rice Rice Baby

I received my Inspire trunk garnish this morning and it turned out 1 of the lens was scratched up and the other is cracked . So I'm returning it back to the seller for an exchange which I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the replacement. I've been having a lot of bad lucks these couple days. Screw up my OEM mirrors trying put a signal light on it, then got pulled over by a state trooper for a smoke tail lights now problem with defective trunk garnish.

Got Rice?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Inspire(d)

Quote:
I received my Inspire trunk garnish this morning and it turned out 1 of the lens was scratched up and the other is cracked . So I'm returning it back to the seller for an exchange which I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the replacement. I've been having a lot of bad lucks these couple days. Screw up my OEM mirrors trying put a signal light on it, then got pulled over my a state trooper for a smoke tail lights now problem with defective trunk garnish.
Dude, that sucks. I bought my inspire kit from the same seller and it was flawless.

Skunk2 Billet Shift Knob | 8000K HID | Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL | DIY Blacked Out Grill | DIY Blacked Out Headlights | Tenzo-R Type M 18" Rims | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Kenwood DNX5120 | Inspire Trunk Kit | Honda Switchblade Key | Deck Lid Spoiler
Old 08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
I received my Inspire trunk garnish this morning and it turned out 1 of the lens was scratched up and the other is cracked . So I'm returning it back to the seller for an exchange which I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the replacement. I've been having a lot of bad lucks these couple days. Screw up my OEM mirrors trying put a signal light on it, then got pulled over my a state trooper for a smoke tail lights now problem with defective trunk garnish.
That sucks, but that is pure luck with shipping.

Hi Fish Hunter,

I have not removed my stock garnish yet, but from your previous post you mentioned that 4 small holes has to be drilled besides the large one for reflector housing. The 4 small holes should be 3 bolts and 1 peg.

I have no problem tracking the template on paper, but I am wondering how do you position the template on the trunk lid? Is there any indent dot already on the metal sheet so I just need to light up the template?
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikaruAccord View Post
....... but I am wondering how do you position the template on the trunk lid? Is there any indent dot already on the metal sheet so I just need to light up the template?
From the lens, I measured the size of the rect. hole I need for the reflector housing and then measured how close the hole is to the top trunk line. Then I measured out the two holes on the bottom and the inside hole based on the outer hole that was already there as my starting point for all the other three holes to drill. So to answer your question, "yes" there already is one hole there. Make sure you attach the lens to the garnish before you drill to make sure you are close to where you need to be. Cut the rect. hole first and cut it smaller than think you need. Easier to make the hole bigger than smaller. I used the tape to protect the paint from the holesaw's feet while cutting.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter View Post
From the lens, I measured the size of the rect. hole I need for the reflector housing and then measured how close the hole is to the top trunk line. Then I measured out the two holes on the bottom and the inside hole based on the outer hole that was already there as my starting point for all the other three holes to drill. So to answer your question, "yes" there already is one hole there. Make sure you attach the lens to the garnish before you drill to make sure you are close to where you need to be. Cut the rect. hole first and cut it smaller than think you need. Easier to make the hole bigger than smaller. I used the tape to protect the paint from the holesaw's feet while cutting.
Thanks dude. That's exactly what I wanted to know and looking forward to do that soon.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

Does the OEM part from EDO performance still require the rectangle cutout?
Mud Flaps
Deck Lid Spoiler (OEM)

Future:
HID 6000k
V6 Bumper w/ Fogs
Coupe Wheels
Trunk Liner

Debating:
Inspire trunk lid
Old 08-20-2009, 04:38 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaaug View Post
Does the OEM part from EDO performance still require the rectangle cutout?
Unless you are getting the whole trunk lid, you will need to cut the rectangle slot to fit the reflectors in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.