Vw cc - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > General Drive

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 AM
3rd Gear

Vw cc

Saw this at the New England Auto Show yesterday. I was quite impressed, as I haven't heard any marketing around this new car.
http://www.vw.com/cc/en/us/
I don't see it as direct competition against the Passat. It looks way better than the Passat, but maybe a bit too much like the M-B CLS.
I was quite surprised to see the starting price for the Sport/Standard edition in 6-speed manual start at a pretty reasonable price $26,790, I even went to test drive it after the auto show at a local dealer. I was impressed at the handling response and the power from the 2.0T, much more fun to drive than my '06 Accord 2.4L. The only downfalls are that there's no moonroof option on the Sport Edition (which is the only equipment package which manual tranny is available), it's a 4-seater (the center rear is used as a console and cup holders, etc.), and it requires premium fuel.
For starters, it comes with heated seats (leatherette seats for the Sport edition), 6-speed MT, 6-Disc CD changer w/Aux input (something the new Accord still doesn't have), fog lights, 12-way power adjustable seats, 3-position memory function seats and exterior mirror, outside temp display, power windows, foldable key fob, Electronic Stabilization Control (ESP), AntiSlip Regulation (ASR), Electronic Differential Lock (EDL), ABS, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, 17 inch alloys, etc.
I almost forgot to mention that VW has free 3 year 36k mile Maintenance for '09 vehicles.
I think I'm going to hold off until there's more reports about initial quality ratings, and longer term reliability, as it's pretty dicey to buy a first year model car, especially for a European car. The only thing holding me back is very poor-average VW reliability ratings for their other models. I'd also probably want to wait until the '10s come out to get a good deal on a '09, and if this car actually sells in a very tough market. I think this car is very competitive against Accord V6, TSX, Mazda6, etc. and looks way better than any of them (especially the interior refinement).
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 05:55 AM
3rd Gear

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources...-Passat-CC.jpg

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...erior-1-lg.jpg
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
On hiatus...

Is definately a nice car, but from my perspective, its flawed by its rediculous price tag and the absence of a manual transmission on the V6 model... Otherwise, its a beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
5th Gear

The CC is probably the best looking car VW has ever put out and has a lot of nice tech inside as well, but, as with mhadden, I think the price tag is ridiculous since if you want anything good in the car you're not gonna opt for the lowest trim, which is still in the price range of an 08 Accord EX sedan

Mods
OEM: Wing Spoiler, Side Molding, Splash Guards, V6 front bumper with coupe fog light covers
Non-OEM: Toshiba HIR Lows, Chrome Door Pillars, Blue LED interior lights, White LED trunk and plate lights, Autozone chrome grille, lower bumper, and trunk trim, V-LEDs tail/brake light LED bulbs
Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM
3rd Gear

Comparo between Maxima, CC, & Mazda6:
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...son/index.html
Old 12-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Nice looking car.

The VR-6 has 12:1 compression ratio? Wow that's a premium fuel only car!
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Alpin PA2

DriveAccord.Net Forum Rules & Regs
DriveAccord.net Classified Rules
Old 12-07-2008, 05:28 PM

VW would have a killer deal on this car if they lowered it 23k with the 2.0t and manual. Styling for cheap.

2011 Mazda3s Hatchback automatic
Old 12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
banned

The car is in a leauge above the Accord. That's why the price reaches to $40,000. The car has the driving dynamics, material refinement and style for a car in that price range. It's a bargain Audi A4, as the top trim Passat usually is. Has all the features to back it it's lofty price tag as well. 600 Watt 10 speaker Dynaudio (Which is said to sound better than the ELS audio in Acuras), two-tone leather interior, Auto-leveling and adaptive Bi-Xenon AFS lighting (No, Acura doesn't offer this), dual climate, Bluetooth, genuine wood trim, HDD Music storage, memory system, 10-way seats, etc. etc. This car competes with the Acura TL when coupled with the VR6 engine, and eclipses it when it comes to refinement. I sat in both cars last week at the San Francisco Auto-show and it's clear the CC is a cut above the regular Passat, and the Acura TL. Take the meaty metal door handles, the trunk hinges, the buttons on the steering wheel, the leather - It's all typical VW. It even has side pull up shades for the rear passenger windows. Just becuase it has a vw logo on it doesn't mean it is built to second-rate standards. When you think about it, the $27K base price may seem high, but the cars refinement and driving precision, not to mention style, is above that of the comparable Accord at that price. This car is more of a premium German luxury sedan than anything (imported from Germany), designed to bridge the gap between the Passat and Phaeton in world markets and drive the badge upmarket in N. America.

Oh, and the camera is hidden in the revolving VW badge on the trunk lid (which also doubles as the trunk opener)...very trick. The CC isn't really a new car. The 2.0T and 3.6 VR6 are tired and true engines that have been used in a variety of VW/Audi products for many years. The physical car isn't a new platform either, it's the regular Passat from 2005. The fact that the car can even compete in the $30-40K pricerange four years later shows how good the platform still is.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:59 PM
5th Gear

Volkswagen CC

Not too sure whether this goes in General Drive or The Pit, but since I saw a Jetta thread on this forum, I've decided to put this here.

What do you guys think about the new VW CC 2.0T Sport? We were thinking about getting one for my dad sometime in January. I love the styling and the interior quality. Since my dad's lazy, I get to test drive it during Christmas break, and it may even become mine (which means my dad would take the Accord).
Attached Images

Mods
OEM: Wing Spoiler, Side Molding, Splash Guards, V6 front bumper with coupe fog light covers
Non-OEM: Toshiba HIR Lows, Chrome Door Pillars, Blue LED interior lights, White LED trunk and plate lights, Autozone chrome grille, lower bumper, and trunk trim, V-LEDs tail/brake light LED bulbs
Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
that sounds like a stupid idea?

Lets get dad a CC so he can take my Accord???

what?
Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 PM
5th Gear

I meant that we would trade each other, I would get the CC and he would get my Accord.

Mods
Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentWashington View Post
Not too sure whether this goes in General Drive or The Pit, but since I saw a Jetta thread on this forum, I've decided to put this here...
I'd assume that "Jetta thread" was misplaced in this forum, as General Drive is generally reserved for 'All around Honda Accord talk' and it's a sub-forum for the Honda Accord main forums. The Pit seems more apt for this, as it states: 'If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits in here!' Not that it matters to me, I just iterate all this since you asked...

Regardless, the VW Passat-CC is a very-very good-lookin' vehicle. Usually, I find VW styling benign & uninspiring (just a personal preference, and ironic in that as Audi is my by-far my fav' make, so go figure!), but the CC is very easy on the eyes as well as offering some much-needed style to the mid-size import family-sedan genre!

(The 2.0T presumably can be reflashed/chipped to unleash quite a few ponies, I'd assume... based on past Audi 1.8T/2.0T motors)

{a few Honda/Acura vehicles in the past/present/future}
Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Merged with an earlier VW CC thread.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:33 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the merge, I did a search and this one didn't come up

Mods
Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

No problem, see your own post #4 on the original thread.

No worries, I can't remember what I did yesterday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.