2000 Accord SRS light on - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 6th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM
1st Gear

2000 Accord SRS light on

My 2000 accord EX v6 has the SRS light on. What exactly does this mean and is it an easy fix?
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM

There's no way to know until it's hooked to a scanner that can access the SRS module. AZ can't do that, their generic code readers don't do that.

You'll have to take it to either Honda or an independent shop to pay for correct diagnosis.

Depending on what's wrong the airbags are possibly disabled.
Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to dtraill27
i had a whole mess of problems with my srs light in my 02 coupe. i must have gone to the dealership atleast 13 times. they kept telling me it was the OPDS (occupant position detection sensor) sensor that was bad and kept replacing that. i cant complain too much because it was free everytime just took 2hours of my time. they finally broke down and replaced what the real problem was which was the control unit. not a problem since....knocks on wood

when i first went to the dealer they told me it would be 80 dollars to run the test but after seeing what it was they performed all of the work each time for free. i have to say they were very easy to deal with. i just wish they would have replaced the control unit sooner instead of having to go once a month because the light was on.

did you put anything small in the seat that it could have thought was a small child? they also told me that putting your cell phone in the seat could set it off. they even said it could have been my radar detector (which it wasnt)

bottom line is youre going to need to go to the dealer and it should be around 2 hours to figure the issue out.

2002 Accord Coupe Ex-L V6
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Out of Control

Had this issue a few years ago and it turned out to be the passenger seatbelt sensor in the seatbelt latch. Honda replaced it for free. I think the entire restraint system is covered under a life time warrantee.
San Marino Red 170,000 miles and still counting!
2007 Fit Sport Silver 56,000 miles and going strong.
Previous Honda: 1994 Accord Wagon Red, 1988 Prelude White 5 speed manual, 1981 Accord 4 Door Ivory 5 speed manual
Previous Cars before Honda: 73 Mazda RX2 manual, 63 VW Bug manual, 63 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spyder manual, 70 Toyota Crown manual, 59 Vauxhall Victor manual (worst car ever produced, a pre Yugo, Yugo)
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to dtraill27
yea i think so i think thats why my work was cover. i think its because its like a major saftey issue. but ive heard people that have had to pay to get it fixed

2002 Accord Coupe Ex-L V6
Old 03-05-2009, 05:45 AM
6th Gear

Here is a link to a DIY reset of the SRS light, but if it comes back on you will still need to go to the dealer to get it diagnosed and fixed. http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html

Good Luck
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled @137k miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold @ 100k
Old 03-24-2009, 05:58 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Had this issue a few years ago and it turned out to be the passenger seatbelt sensor in the seatbelt latch. Honda replaced it for free. I think the entire restraint system is covered under a life time warrantee.

yep, just took it in and it was the seatbelt latch. they replaced for free under warranty.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.