2007 Accord power windows. - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Problems & Solutions

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM
1st Gear

Question 2007 Accord power windows.

Hey guys im new to this forum so hello all. im very familiar with the search and i made sure to search my dilema before posting, but to my dismay i found no info on my issue.

I have an 07 Accord SE. The driver's window works fine. However, the other 3power windows stopped working. When I press the buttons, I can hear the click each time but the regulators won't budge. The "window lock" button was released. I also checked the fuse and it's fine. Where should I check next?
i know this has happened to others and im not quite sure why i cant find anything on it. Any ideas on the matter will be very helpful

Thanks in advance,
Issac
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Anyone but the Red Wings

Not sure if this will help, but here is the procedure for reseting the power windows from the service manual:

1. Turn ignition on.

2. Move driver's window all the way down using the switch.

3. Open the driver's door.

NOTE: steps 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4. Turn the ignition switch off.

5. Push and hold the driver's window down switch.

6. Turn the ignition switch on.

7. Release the driver's window down switch.

8. Repeat steps 4-7 three more times.

9. Wait 1 second.

10. Confirm that AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN do NOT work. If they work, go back to step 1.

11. Move the driver's window all the way down by holding the driver's window down switch to the auto down position.

12. Pull up and hold the driver's window up switch to the auto up position until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

13. Confirm that the power window master switch is reset by using the driver's window auto up and down function.

Hope this helps.
'03 Element EX 5spd Daily Driver
'08 TL-S 6spd Pearl White
In the household:
'09 Civic EX AT SOLD
'08 Pilot EX-L
'03 Ridgeline RTS
'01 Civic LX AT (retired)

OEM 8th gen V6 coupe wheels for sale: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourth View Post
Not sure if this will help, but here is the procedure for reseting the power windows from the service manual:

1. Turn ignition on.

9. Wait 1 second.

10. Confirm that AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN do NOT work. If they work, go back to step 1.

11. Move the driver's window all the way down by holding the driver's window down switch to the auto down position.

12. Pull up and hold the driver's window up switch to the auto up position until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

13. Confirm that the power window master switch is reset by using the driver's window auto up and down function.

Hope this helps.
thefourth., thank you

Unfortunatly that did not help .i tried it twice, reset yet didnt fix the other windows.
Please someone help me out, its gettin warm out..
Old 03-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

OP,

This thread is moved to the Problems & Solutions forum, and your other thread is considered a Double Post for the same thread, and is deleted as per forum rule.

Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear about your problem.
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Alpin PA2

DriveAccord.Net Forum Rules & Regs
DriveAccord.net Classified Rules
Old 03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
OP,

This thread is moved to the Problems & Solutions forum, and your other thread is considered a Double Post for the same thread, and is deleted as per forum rule.

Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear about your problem.
Hey thank you for that, i couldnt delete thread... i found the tech and solution after.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
1st Gear

anyone!?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
1st Gear

Does anybody on this forum have any ideas?? even a single one besides 'Thefourth'??
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
4th Gear

Bring it to the dealer if it is under warranty...
My rear right window make some buzzing noise and they replace the electric motor under warranty.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07accord View Post
Hey guys im new to this forum so hello all. im very familiar with the search and i made sure to search my dilema before posting, but to my dismay i found no info on my issue.

I have an 07 Accord SE. The driver's window works fine. However, the other 3power windows stopped working. When I press the buttons, I can hear the click each time but the regulators won't budge. The "window lock" button was released. I also checked the fuse and it's fine. Where should I check next?
i know this has happened to others and im not quite sure why i cant find anything on it. Any ideas on the matter will be very helpful

Thanks in advance,
Issac
Can you open the other windows with either the buttons on the driver's door or the buttons on each individual door? My first guess is that it's a problem with the window lock feature.

1995 Yamaha FZR600 - sold
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS sedan (silver) - sold
1996 Acura Integra GS-R sedan (Black Currant Pearl) - sold
1995 Suzuki Katana 600 (teal) - totalled; sold
1984 Chevrolet Celebrity (brown) - first car; sold
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 AM
My First Post

The exact same thing happened to me today. Did you ever find a solution? Thank you.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:46 PM

unfortunately you're going to need to do diagnosis on the b-can network to see where the signals are being lost.

You'll need the factory manual to do it, with the following, the HDS, a scanner that can read the b-can system, or there's a manual mode mentioned in the manual to get information out of the system.

Have you tried to disconnect the battery? Negative first, then positive, hold the two cables against one another for at least a minute. Then put the positive back on, then negative and try and reset the windows again.
Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
My First Post

This is an old thread but I have a fix for this problem. Its cheap and easy. If your driver side window works and the rest do not and all you hear is a clicking sound this will work for you. My sister in law has an 07 Accord and hers was doing this. The passenger windows were not getting power at the fuse on the inside of the car. What I did was took a speaker wire (small gauge) and jumped it from the driver side to the front passenger side. Now all windows work. Take the wire and strip about an inch and a half on both ends. Take 1 end and wrap it around a post on the driverside fuse, then take the other end of the wire and wrap it around a post on the front passenger side. BAM your windows will work again.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
next stop: 300k!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
that's a great way to fry your electrical system, or start a fire down the road.....
I'm 5'6'brown eyes,38 old,no child,but like. Please press 1 for English. No child, but like. You are child-like? You like no child? You like children? Sorry, the subscription for my translator is expired.
PROUD FAN OF STEELERS, PIRATES, AND PENGUINS

DA moderator

2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (201k miles)

gone, but not forgotten:
1993 Honda Accord (341k when sold, retired @ 369k)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (168k when sold, last check-in @ ~197k, blown head gasket)
Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourth View Post

1. Turn ignition on.

9. Wait 1 second.

Hope this helps.

Regarding #8, are all of the steps with the drivers window? Or do I repeat the steps with each different door (eiother at that door or using the main switch in the drivers door?)
Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajayemm View Post
This is an old thread but I have a fix for this problem. Its cheap and easy. If your driver side window works and the rest do not and all you hear is a clicking sound this will work for you. My sister in law has an 07 Accord and hers was doing this. The passenger windows were not getting power at the fuse on the inside of the car. What I did was took a speaker wire (small gauge) and jumped it from the driver side to the front passenger side. Now all windows work. Take the wire and strip about an inch and a half on both ends. Take 1 end and wrap it around a post on the driverside fuse, then take the other end of the wire and wrap it around a post on the front passenger side. BAM your windows will work again.
NOT very SMART
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.