Display fine-no sound from radio - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Problems & Solutions

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 05:44 AM
1st Gear

Display fine-no sound from radio

I have searched but not found any solutions.

When I turn on the stereo, the display turns on and then after 10 seconds the volume bars light up.
But there is no sound coming from the speakers. I extensively searched the net and someone mentioned that it has to do with "connection"

Any ideas, this is a 03 accord lx stock everything.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 AM

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ighlight=radio
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328skidpad View Post
I have searched but not found any solutions.

When I turn on the stereo, the display turns on and then after 10 seconds the volume bars light up.
But there is no sound coming from the speakers. I extensively searched the net and someone mentioned that it has to do with "connection"

Any ideas, this is a 03 accord lx stock everything.
thanks
Had the same problem. Could be couple of things. Your radio could have gone bad. I would take it to a local stereo shop and have it tested out. Why you ask? You won't have to go through the steps below to determine if it's the radio unit that has gone bad. If the radio unit has gone bad, a new radio unit it is!

One of your speakers could be grounding out. Your car contains what is called smart amp. If one of the speaker is grounding out, it turns off all speakers.

First I would disconnect the two back speakers and see if the audio comes back. Take out each speaker and see if audio comes back.

From what I've read, disconnecting--reconnecting battery works for some people.

Tell me, is the "volume control coming on after 10 seconds" normal or has it been a recent phenomena?

Try taking it to the dealer for diagnosis if you don't know how to test the speaker wires.

Taking out the headunit is PITA.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Go Bills!

unbelievable. same issue for me. same car, same model.

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
Old 12-19-2013, 04:09 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by _karu_ View Post
unbelievable. same issue for me. same car, same model.
Useless reply . It would have been nice if you replied an update of how you solved this problem. So all the rest of us with same problem could learn from it!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 PM
My First Post

2008 honda acc. display fine no sound on stereo system

Ok, i have the solution to one of the problems that it could be, at least it was for me anyways. If you have a bluetooth on your vehicle, sometimes this switch can get stuck when switching over from radio to bluetooth. When it gets stuck it does not send out any sound from your radio, because your blutooth is still engaged looking for a blue tooth connection. I had to unscrew the blu tooth button alittle bit right there on your console and stuck a safety clip under the switch it and lifted the button. And yes low and behold the sound came back on, now i don't have to listen to that dam beeping noise every 5 dam minutes while driving, beep, beep beep, beep beep beep beep LOL! this would probably be a good time to replace the switch or you can try and clean it if you are able to? I rather replace it myself. I hope this was some help to anyone out there. Good luck!
P.S do check your fuses because your radio runs off of more than 1 fuse, and also, it could be a bad amp in your radio or you might have an amp seperate from your radio that is bad, or could be a short, i guess you didn't want to hear that part lol! well good luck anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.