AUX input not recognizing HONAUX4 adapter - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Audio & Electronics

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

AUX input not recognizing HONAUX4 adapter

Help - I am installing a Soundgate HONAUX4 to my 2004 Accord with an existing factory radio/cd changer. The HONAUX4 connector has a y-connector with a male and female 14 pin connectors. The instructions say to disconnect the factory cable from the factory radio, connect the male 14 pin plug of the HONAUX4 wiring harness to the factory radio, then replace the vehicle's 14 pin factory plug to the 14 pin female plug of the HONAUX4.

My problem is I don't see the 14 pin factory cable going into the radio. There is an empty 14 pin female connector on the bottom of the radio, but I don't see a 14 pin factory cable going into the radio. I do see what looks like a larger blue connector, I estimate 24 pin, going into the back of the radio.

I looked at the stick post regarding the FAQ's, but the connections to my stereo are different than the the photo shown here for this installation - http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_5.htm

My connections look like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/17387130@N08/4229967761/

I tried connecting to the empty 14 pin connect and leaving the other connector from the HONAUX4 not connected, but the system doesn't recognize the AUX input (I press the CD/AUX button but the cd player continues to play a cd.

Is there something I need to do so the car stereo system recognizes the HONAUX4 input?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Sold the Accord

You should read the directions that came with your Soundgate. You have an Accord without XM/Navi, so the 14-pin connector is vacant. You don't have the dip switches set in the correct position. Page 4 of the manual. Since your Accord does not have XM, you need to configure the Soundgate to emulate an external CD-Changer. Set switch 1 to Up, and switch 2 to Down. The switches are on the circuit board of the Soundgate.

Once you do that, your in-dash CD changer will be displayed as CD on the stereo, and the Soundgate Aux Input Converter will be displayed as CD-C, for CD-Changer. Pressing the CD/Aux button will toggle between the two.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

All I needed to do was reset the radio

I don't see where in the instructions where it says that one of the connectors on the y-cable is left vacant. Here are the instructions - http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...760b728d15fa1a

My issue was I couldn't follow step #2 which is
"Connect the HONAUX4 harnesses to the factory radio. Disconnect the
factory cable from the factory radio. Connect the male 14-pin plug of the
HONAUX4 wiring harness to the factory radio, then replace the vehicle’s 14-pin factory plug to the 14-pin female plug of the HONAUX4 harness." I didn't see separate instructions for with or without satellite system.

You are correct though on the fact that I didn't follow the instructions exactly, since my problem was I needed to reset the radio for it to recognize the aux input. The instructions clearly say to disconnect the battery, which I missed in my haste - granted it was very late. After figuring this out, I opted to unplug the blue connector to the radio so power to the radio was disconnected.

That did the trick. When I plugged the factory connector back to the rear of the radio, the radio asked for the security code which I learned in other posts was located on the inside door of my glove compartment. The radio unlocked and after hitting the cd/aux button, it recognized the second "cd player" (my mp3 player) and I was very happy listening to music.

Thanks - this forum is awesome.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Sold the Accord

This description was more clear...
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundhonaux4.html

Glad it worked out for you. What dealer stuck your radio code in the glove box? I am sure the thief will find that and then have a reason to steal the stereo. Thankfully, the Accord stereo isn't a hot ticket item.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.