Alarm keeps going off! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 6th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm justa gurl

Unhappy

Just tonight at 11:30 PM I got home and my alarm is going crazy. I am driving and it still goes off. I just bought it, I have had it for about 2 months. Its a 2001, and I don't have any remotes for it. I was only given one key. I don't have an owners manual either . My boyfriend just changed the oil in it tonight. We had a lot of trouble getting the hood to shut.

I would like to have remotes (can I purchase stock ones?) and I would like to have this alarm situation fixed. Right now my car is outside with the battery disconnected.

Please help!

-Amy

I read this http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ighlight=alarm

Sounds like maybe my connection to the hood latch is causing these issues. Anyone know a fix for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 AM
6th Gear

The hood alarm switch is part of the latch assembly. You should adjust the latch so the hood closes properly or you could unplug the two wire connector on the bottom of the latch and jumper the wires to see if that eliminates the alarm problem.
If you have a stock Honda stereo with a security light, it can set off the alarm also.
Normally the security system should not be armed when you are driving, so you may have other electrical issues.
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled @137k miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold @ 100k
Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaangel05 View Post
Just tonight at 11:30 PM I got home and my alarm is going crazy. I am driving and it still goes off. I just bought it, I have had it for about 2 months. Its a 2001, and I don't have any remotes for it. I was only given one key. I don't have an owners manual either . My boyfriend just changed the oil in it tonight. We had a lot of trouble getting the hood to shut.

I would like to have remotes (can I purchase stock ones?) and I would like to have this alarm situation fixed. Right now my car is outside with the battery disconnected.

Please help!

-Amy
A) Have the alarm system disconnected/removed.

B) Get either your dealer or an independent audio/security system shop to get you a remote. If you know what RPN and FCC code you need, many remotes are available on Ebay for a modest cost.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

A battery that is going bad will also set the alarm off due to low voltage.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm justa gurl

Disconnected the horn (probably could have removed the fuse, but I was down there anyway).

The alarm was now going crazy, but no horn (only lights).

Removed the latch, cleaned it up. Cleaned up the alarm sensor. Put everything back.

Alarm is still going crazy. I disconnected the battery in between tests to save battery life.

Disarm the Security System:

Disconnect the battery, Make sure all doors are shut. You can have the hood up (I did). Reconnect the battery. (I still have my hood up) Walk over to the passenger door. Use your key to lock the car, then unlock the car. Alarm turns off.

Everything is fixed. My hood also shuts like it should (before the cleanup it was the biggest pain), no issues there.

Hope someone else that has this problem finds this helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
A) Have the alarm system disconnected/removed.

B) Get either your dealer or an independent audio/security system shop to get you a remote. If you know what RPN and FCC code you need, many remotes are available on Ebay for a modest cost.
Do you know where I can find my RPN and FCC code? I would like to order some used remotes on ebay.

-Amy
Old 01-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Greg

I had this exact same problem with my wife's 2005 Mazda6. She bought the car from a dealer and they said there was no keyless entry installed on the car so we only had the key. I think instead of getting in the car by unlocking the door with the key i turned the key to the lock position and all hell broke loose. That alarm was going off in a crowded park for about 10 minutes and I could not get it to stop until I finally put the key back in the door and unlocked it again. Then it turned off. Had to go to the dealer and got a free keyless entry remote programmed. Gotta love when the dealer who is selling the car knows nothing about it. Ugh. You will definitely need a remote.

Not sure if this answers your questions as I recall the car would not let us start the car with the alarm going off. Anyway you could contact the party in which you bought the car from and ask them if there is a remote laying around or if they have ever had this problem before?

1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe - SOLD
3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint
Nokya Hyper Yellow 9006 Headlight Bulbs

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gstone/accord
https://twitter.com/#!/YacketySax
Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
banned

Quote:
Do you know where I can find my RPN and FCC code? I would like to order some used remotes on ebay.

-Amy
You will need to know if your car has an OEM (Honda) alarm system or an aftermarket system. The model number of the system is associated with which remotes will work with it. The M/N of your alarm system should be on the main control module...probably located under the dashboard. Get either your dealer or an independent audio/security system shop to help you with your issue.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:41 AM
6th Gear

Quote:

-Amy
If you have the factory alarm, you should have a red light next to the drivers door lock that blinks when you arm the system with the key. The FCC ID should be shown on the keyless receiver unit located behind the glove box.
If you had a factory remote, it is would be stamped on the remote. I also believe the LX and EX remotes are different and not interchangable.
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled @137k miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold @ 100k
Old 01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm justa gurl

Thanks for all of the information, this is very helpful!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
My First Post

All you had to do from the start was unlock the door with the key and the lock it both full turns. If it wasn't a full turn it would alert the car of a break in, your alarm would actually be working its best, while you believed it to be broken. At least that's what I believe the problem was all along, that the key wasn't fully turned upon entry wether the lock was frozen cold or other circumstance like faulty key.

Fox^.^
Old 01-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Thanks for all of the information, this is very helpful!
BTW all the Honda owner's manuals are in PDF format and located at:

http://owners.honda.com

Some things are still under warrantee such as the seat belts and the air bag system.
San Marino Red 172,000 miles and still counting!
2007 Fit Sport Silver 56,000 miles and going strong.
Previous Honda: 1994 Accord Wagon Red, 1988 Prelude White, 1981 Accord 4 Door Ivory
Previous Cars before Honda: 73 Mazda RX2, 63 VW Bug, 63 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spyder, 70 Toyota Crown, 59 Vauxhall Victor (worst car ever produced, a pre Yugo, Yugo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.