B2 Maintenance - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 AM
4th Gear

B2 Maintenance

First of all, I see from reading the posts on this site and other places on the internet that the maintenance minder does not determine the service interval solely based on mileage. I also see that mileage is not listed in either the owner's manual or the service manuals (except for a couple of specific items such as air filter replacement at 15,000 under dusty conditions, brake fluid replacement every 3 years, etc.).

My Question: That said, can anyone remember what their mileage was when their "B" service became due (B-1 or B-2) ? I want to get a ball park as to when this is going to occur.

Last edited by abc123; 05-03-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 AM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

I just had my B12 lit up on my MM. Took it to the dealer and did the oil change as I have done air filter, cabin filter, and tire rotation myself already. The rest is just inspect, lube and adust if necessary. Not worth paying for it IMO. As long as you do the fluid change per MM, I don't think it'll affect your warranty.

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
Old 05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
I just had my B12 lit up on my MM. Took it to the dealer and did the oil change as I have done air filter, cabin filter, and tire rotation myself already. The rest is just inspect, lube and adust if necessary. Not worth paying for it IMO. As long as you do the fluid change per MM, I don't think it'll affect your warranty.
Your mileage?

That is exactly my intention. I already changed the engine and cabin air filter myself and I am going to a local mechanic to do the oil change and tire rotation and check and sign off on all other inspections (My tools are in storage). Once he resets the maintenance reminder, I am going to Honda for strictly TSB warranty work.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:32 PM
3rd Gear

Which brand of engine air filter you guy used? Fram, wix?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
4th Gear

I used Honda OEM engine filter from Ebay and Fram cabin filter from Amazon.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
Your mileage?

That is exactly my intention. I already changed the engine and cabin air filter myself and I am going to a local mechanic to do the oil change and tire rotation and check and sign off on all other inspections (My tools are in storage). Once he resets the maintenance reminder, I am going to Honda for strictly TSB warranty work.
My mileage was 24.5k.

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
My mileage was 24.5k.
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
Which brand of engine air filter you guy used? Fram, wix?
Not a single parts dealer in my area had any brand of either filter for the 2008 Honda Accord in stock. So just ordered 2 each (Fram engine and Fram cabin filters) from Amazon and received free shipping.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
3rd Gear

my car is approaching 28k miles. What kind of service do i need to keep up with the warranty?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
my car is approaching 28k miles. What kind of service do i need to keep up with the warranty?
There is no mileage based maintenance. Just follow the maintenance minder and you will be fine. There are two time based maintenance items: brake fluid replacement every 3 years, and an oil change every 12 months (if you don't drive much).

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

just had my B1 service done at 15800 miles. Paid $85. Called a few dealers..prices were all over the place with one quoting me 250-300 bucks!! Ridiculous. Dont let them fool you..its an oil change and tire rotation and pencil whipping of the rest of the checks.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora85 View Post
just had my B1 service done at 15800 miles. Paid $85. Called a few dealers..prices were all over the place with one quoting me 250-300 bucks!! Ridiculous. Dont let them fool you..its an oil change and tire rotation and pencil whipping of the rest of the checks.
Thanks. I figured I was getting near the mileage ballpark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.