2003 Accord EX-L 6 CD Changer not working - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

2003 Accord EX-L 6 CD Changer not working

The CD player in my car is no longer working. If I press the CD button on the dash the screen doesnt change. I took it into Honda and got them to look at it and I was told that this is a common problem with the CDs getting stuck. He advised me that they would have to remove the center console and send it into Panasonic or whoever makes the CD player portion. I was also told that this is going to cost me $350 plus tax....so my question is...does anyone know how I can fix it? or where I can take it to get fixed? I live in Toronto, Canada. I use my IPod most of the time but still want the option to run a CD if I need to. Any help is welcome....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 PM
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT

There's a seller on ebay 'oemcaraudio' that sells parts from many OEM car audio units -- if you contact him, I'll bet that he can give you a price on that part to just replace.

For ~$300 you can buy a whole (used) OEM unit on eBay.
USASpec iPod Integration | OEM Rear Wing | Switchblade Key | 35% Tint | DIY HID BiXenon Quad Retro | GM Synchromesh Friction Modified MTF | Short Ram Intake | TSX Side View Mirrors | LED Fog Strip | CR-Z Shift Knob | Custom leather shift boot/e-brake cover | Wheelskins | Colormatched Grille/Mudflaps | Corsport Aluminum Bushings | Cosmo Short Shifter | TL 17mm RSB | Tein S-Tech | Front Lip
Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Sold the Accord

Yep, King is correct. You can replace the CD-Changer/Tuner module, or just buy a new one on eBay. OEMCarAudio on eBay has many for sale, and some have new CD-Changers. If you google Honda CD repair, you should find a website for a guy in Florida that repairs them. But it is something like $250 or so. You might as well browse eBay first.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:52 AM
1st Gear

OK...thanks for the assistance guys...I will take a look into that...The tech at Honda said there was a cd stuck in there and he didnt want to damage the laser head by trying to take it out...I will look online at the site and ebay and see whats there. Hopefully I can get this fixed soon...thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 AM
1st Gear

Did you try ejecting all CDs (hold down eject button until it beeps), and restarting the car? Mine jammed up a few weeks ago and I thought I had a serious problem until I did this. Seems to be a common occurrence.

Previously Owned Accords
1997 Honda Accord LX Sedan (2001-2010)
1989 Honda Accord LXi Sedan (1997-1999)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.