Outside Temp OEM kit - installed - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 PM
4th Gear

Outside Temp OEM kit - installed

Today after work, I installed Honda's OEM temp sensor kit. Many of us have known of the outside temp kit from Honda but I dont think anyone has installed it before?

The kit is for 03-07 Accord EX and LX models. Its crazy simple, and a very quick plug and play type install. All connectors on the car are open and ready, just waiting for this kit! It took me a hair over an hour, but that also included a coolant drop and refill.

The directions appear involved, but it isnt and some bolt removal isnt actually required. I could have shaved 20 minutes if I opted to route the wires more crude from the front of the car to the back of the relay box, where the plug is hiding. Most important, is you dont need to remove the hood latch to push pin install the sensor bracket if your hands fit. I figured that out before I removed it.

Honda has discontinued this kit, and now they are under $100 shipped from common Honda part web sites. Anyone with a 03-07 EX or LX who ever wanted outside temp...this is a must do add on! Its too easy!

Sensor attaches with 2 push pins just below and in front of the hood latch.

[IMG][/IMG]

Brown plug is the exsisting open plug connected to the temp sensor. Under hood install complete.

Under the dash, its all plug and play to exsisting plugs and ground location. The module gets mounted to an exsisting bracket if you have cruise. If not, a bracket is included.

And 6 years later...I know the outside temp.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 06:27 PM
4th Gear

Nice, I think I may do this.

Future mod list: Tint, Retro HIDs, OEM style LED taillights, Coilovers, New wheels (07-08 TL Type-S I think)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Sold the Accord

Nicely done. The "accessory" outside temp sensor can only be installed if the accessory fog lights are not already installed, since both accessories use the same harness. On the EX-V6, the outside temp sensor is integrated with the Auto Dual-Climate Control system to monitor outside temp combined with inside temp and the sunlight sensor to automatically adjust the temp and fan speed. So EX-V6 owners can install the accessory fogs and still retain the outside temp sensor. EX/LX owners that have accessory fog lights already installed cannot install the accessory temp sensor. Just an FYI.

I got your outside temp beat. Here is a So CA summer day for you.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Out of Control

i live in socal too and we are NOWHERE near 115....i think that was from you leaving your car out in the sun for a long time to the sensor was nice and baked.

and btw, the outside temperature sensor integration into the auto dual climate control is also on the EX-L I4 not only EX-L V6 ;] give some credit to us I4 owners
Old 07-30-2010, 07:04 PM
4th Gear

Good call on the restrictions. I forgot to mention the kit can not be installed with fog lights, Navigation, EX-L Trim levels (dual climate) ot the Hybrid.

That said, under the hood and under the dash, there are back up (or duplicate) plugs that can be used. They are spelled out in the directions, and I found them, but I dont understand when they may be needed. It simply says "if in use by another accesory"...

Seems odd that each of the seconardy plugs would all be used the above noted restrictions. My bet its if you have more than one of the above, like EX-L with Nav, or Nav with Fog lights for example, then each of the LX/EX level accessory plugs would be in use.

May be someone with the just one of the above noted restrictions, like EX-L only, could look behind their fuse/relay box for any open plugs.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:05 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to WolfpackBill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Nicely done. The "accessory" outside temp sensor can only be installed if the accessory fog lights are not already installed, since both accessories use the same harness. On the EX-V6, the outside temp sensor is integrated with the Auto Dual-Climate Control system to monitor outside temp combined with inside temp and the sunlight sensor to automatically adjust the temp and fan speed. So EX-V6 owners can install the accessory fogs and still retain the outside temp sensor. EX/LX owners that have accessory fog lights already installed cannot install the accessory temp sensor. Just an FYI.

I got your outside temp beat. Here is a So CA summer day for you.
It's not just EX-V6 but EX-L gets to enjoy that benefit as well because we also get auto climate control. The only things the EX-L doesn't have but EX-V6 has power passenger seat (sedan only), Homelink, and obviously the V6 engine :p.
Fog lights, autodimming mirror, USASpec iPod adaptor, LED backup lights, cathode lights in trunk, fog light mod, Inspire taillights, 35% tints, HID retro w/TSX projectors, lip spoiler, TL switchblade key, TL 17mm rear sway, TSX signal mirrors, TL rims
Old 07-30-2010, 07:30 PM
4th Gear

Well that ****s, I'm adding fog lights and a navi system so no temp monitor for me...guess I'll have to rely on my phone, casio pathfinder watch, and whatever devices I might have Does kinda ****, but oh well.

Future mod list: Tint, Retro HIDs, OEM style LED taillights, Coilovers, New wheels (07-08 TL Type-S I think)
Old 07-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Sold the Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
i live in socal too and we are NOWHERE near 115....i think that was from you leaving your car out in the sun for a long time to the sensor was nice and baked.

and btw, the outside temperature sensor integration into the auto dual climate control is also on the EX-L I4 not only EX-L V6 ;] give some credit to us I4 owners
Forgot the I4 has a Leather option. The 115 was during one of our heat waves a few years ago and the car was parked under a carport in the shade at work, no direct sunlight. It was a hot one! As I was driving, it went down to about 110. It gets hot in the San Fernando/Santa Clarita valleys during a nasty heat wave.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
College...ouch!

So this will work on my '07 SE-V6?

Everything easy has its cost....
Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

just a refresher, from HandA

In reference to the OEM fog light kit.
"Can't be installed with accessory (add-on) exterior temperature sensor. If you have an The EX-L or an EXL-Nav models (EX modelsl with factory leather) then it came from the factory with the temperature sensor so the fog lights CAN be installed. The restriction only applies to those vehicles that had the sensor added later.
Fits Years 2003-2005, for other years"
LED Interiors - Ambient Light, Dome,
Ceiling, Glove box, Doors and Trunk.
Accord Branded All-Weather Mats
OEM Splash Guards
20% Window Tint Rear Windows

Wish List
Short Ram Intake
Wheel Spacers
OEM Fog Lights
Trunk Tray WITH cargo Net :)

I aim for nicer, not ricer.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackBill View Post
It's not just EX-V6 but EX-L gets to enjoy that benefit as well because we also get auto climate control. The only things the EX-L doesn't have but EX-V6 has power passenger seat (sedan only), Homelink, and obviously the V6 engine :p.
dont forget hood struts(its been a long honda tradition to give this to all v6 cars), trunk lining, vsa/tcs(depending on year), front strut bar(6speed only)
Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
dont forget hood struts(its been a long honda tradition to give this to all v6 cars), trunk lining, vsa/tcs(depending on year), front strut bar(6speed only)
And that's why I got the car I did!
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Alpin PA2

DriveAccord.Net Forum Rules & Regs
DriveAccord.net Classified Rules
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM
No longer active

Thanks for this. Guess what I just bought off ebay?
When it arrives in a few days, I too will know the temperature outside my car.

No messages will be checked. No responses will be given.

Frankly, even though this forum has a lot of very nice people, the few bad apples around here have gotten on my nerves. I simply don't care enough to log on and try and help others when all too frequently, I get mocked or made fun of.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 AM
banned

That's awesome. I wonder if anyone has tried this on the 8th gen....
Old 08-05-2010, 08:25 AM
College...ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusrnm View Post
Fits Years 2003-2005, for other years"
Does this mean it won't work on my '07?

Everything easy has its cost....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.