Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Help help questions need answers asap

Tags
jimmy
8K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  JimmyS 
#1 ·
04 accord lx '

1. Why do my doors not open automatically when i turn the engine off. I have to manually hit unlock to get out of the car

2. Had my rotors and breaks done in june 09' ( front breaks and rotors replaced), i'm hearing a grinding when i break and squeeking..hwo is it possible to need breaks already when i only had them done 12k miles ago. Honda replaced my entire power steering column. Could that be the problem??[/b][/b]

#2 ·
How is having to unlock your door manually an emergency? :lmao:

For the brakes, look through your wheel spokes and see if you still have some brake pads. I just went through a whole squeeking thing with mine. I bought the pads, got all ready to replace only to find out I still have over 50% left. After the wheels were put back on, the noise stopped...:dunno:

#6 ·
How is having to unlock your door manually an emergency?

YO, 2006accord4 - is it an emergency? what do you think? I'm typing on my computer so OBVIOUSLY NOT genius. Reply with an educated response and then talk to me.

It's very simple. WHY - DO - I - NEED - TO - MANUALLY- OPEN MY DOOR WHEN I TURN THE CAR OFF- SHOULDN;T THE DOORS OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I POWER OFF?

#7 ·
No they shouldn't and they don't. If you want them to do that then you can either hit unlock or go to KP Technologies and they make modules to do what you are asking here but it doesn't come with automatic locking or unlocking doors from the factory in '04 not even the EX trim has those functions.

#9 ·
04 accord lx ' 1. Why do my doors not open automatically when i turn the engine off. I have to manually hit unlock to get out of the car
Do you mind telling me why exactly you assume that they should unlock automatically?

#14 ·
I dunno, I just push the unlock button on the key. Which my hand is on when I turn the car off.

#17 ·
My stupid Toyota used to lock the doors automatically, when I would turn the key on. I hated that. I was 9-out-of-10 times the first one in the truck, start the engine, then have to unlock the doors to let everyone else in. I will lock, and unlock, the doors myself, WHEN I AM READY! thank you.

#18 ·
I will lock, and unlock, the doors myself, WHEN I AM READY! thank you.
I'm with you there. I want the control. To me it's more an annoyance when the doors lock/unlock automatically. And it always startles me a little too, but if I owned a car with that feature and drove it regularly I'd get used to it. I remember there was a car at work, a 90's Pontiac that did this. I'm not sure quite how this particular car worked, but people kept locking the keys in the car. It happened so often that they eventually had the automatic locks disabled.

#20 ·
No Hondas/Acuras unlock the doors automatically once the engine is turned off. I don't know where you are getting this idea from. My family has owned quite a few Hondas and Acuras over the years and this was NEVER a feature.

Second, it's BRAKES, not BREAKS. You are braking to slow down, not breaking any object when you are stepping on your brake pedal. Get your English proper first before asking a question.

#21 ·
1) This is not a feature that is available on the LX (I'm reasonably certain it isn't available on any Accord).
2) Could just be that you have noisy brakes or you could need the rears done now.

As an aside, neither of these questions technically qualify as information required "a.s.a.p.".
The first question could have been answered by consulting your manual and the second could have been answered with a quick trip to virtually any brake shop or dealership within a few minutes. Strike that - both questions could have been answered "ASAP" by your Honda dealership.

#22 ·
Get some aftermarket alarm and have them install the auto lock/unlock module that comes with it.

#28 ·
Don't know what's so funny. If cars can have headlights that automatically turn on when it's dark outside, then why can't I also have a car that automatically turns itself off when I put it in park? I'm tired of having to do these things myself because I'm lazy.

And don't get me started on the a/c or windows either. The car should know when I'm hot (have an in-cabin temp gauge) so either the windows will roll down automatically or the a/c kicks in automatically (but the car should ask me which I prefer first). I shouldn't have to roll down the windows or turn the a/c on myself.
My wife has all those things when she's my passenger; in return, I have voice navigation/accident avoidance proximity warning in a very attractive package. Which is good, because sometimes I apparently don't know where I'm going . . . .

#49 ·
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::thmsup:

#30 ·
Not sure about other models but Honda might start adding this feature...my CR-Z would lock the doors automatically at a certain speed then unlock them when you shut the car off.

Thankfully, its an optional feature and can be turned off because I hate automatic locks.

#33 ·
My sister's '10 Civic has the feature where whenever you put your car in park, it unlocks your doors for you. But when you get in the car and start driving to around 9mph, they automatically lock again. (This feature can also be disabled) It may be a feature of the newer generation cars?

#35 ·
I wonder if we scared off the op lol.

And my two cents (which is kinda harsh)...

1. Why do my doors not open automatically when i turn the engine off. I have to manually hit unlock to get out of the car
Jimmy, I don't know of any car whose doors automatically open when the engine turns off. I know cars that unlock themselves when the engine is off or you open the door. And just to get it into your head bro, the 7th generation Accord does not have an automatic lock and unlock feature. Never did, never will. So why are your doors locking in the first place? You know what to do about that? Don't lock your doors when you get into the car. And then presto, you can open your door without pressing an unlock button. Anyway, good luck bro.

#51 ·
Yeah thanks man..makes sense. It would be nice to just open my door and presto the door opens but i don't typically like to leave my doors unlocked when i'm driving. Esp with other people in the car. It would be nice to turn the engine off and open the door and "poof" im outside lol...but thanks..i guess 7th generation does not provide that.
i wonder if we scared off the op lol.

And my two cents (which is kinda harsh)...

Jimmy, i don't know of any car whose doors automatically open when the engine turns off. I know cars that unlock themselves when the engine is off or you open the door. And just to get it into your head bro, the 7th generation accord does not have an automatic lock and unlock feature. Never did, never will. So why are your doors locking in the first place? You know what to do about that? Don't lock your doors when you get into the car. And then presto, you can open your door without pressing an unlock button. Anyway, good luck bro.

#36 ·
I just love seeing the interweb "bullies" make threats they can't backup. Why even help the kid? Ignoring him until he goes away works much better.

#37 ·
:paranoid: :dunno: Guess I've got a soft spot.... (whisper) but don't tell anyone. Checked his track record, seems like an ok person but has his moments (as we all do). Only checks in ev few months. We all need a little help here and there, But let it be know, if it continues I will never give good helpful info to him or ANYONE that is asking help then is rude or disrespectful to those just trying to understand what they are asking.

LOL oh I'll give info, that will send you in circles searching for gost, lol

But don't worry OP thats not the case here... Just cool your jets man, laugh it off, and keep on truckin. :D

#38 ·
Everyone does have their moments but the kid still hasn't apologized for that matter. I've dealt with way too many a-holes in my life and trying to help that I stopped caring. First sign of someone snapping off either triggers my attack or I turn my back on them. I don't have the patience to help people like the op. Not anymore at least.

#39 ·
Lol I know what you mean, in my line of work I see this kind of crap all the time. But if I turn my back or stop careing.... ppl die. Obviously not the case here but none the less (deep breath... sigh) :selavie:

#46 ·
Sorry to correct you here, but what you're trying to say is: C'est la vie (This is life). :)

#40 ·
Same in my line of work. Usually its co-workers or dumb asses that think they know everything because they outrank me. Like you said,

#41 ·
Same in my line of work. Usually its co-workers or dumb asses that think they know everything because they outrank me. Like you said,
LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao: dido... Lazy azz noobs, uptight haven't done their Real job in 10-15 yrs NCO's. Me; "sir, we can't do that caus...." Them "well why the hell not!? I remember blah blah blah cause once you do that... Oh... You know what, never mind i was thinking about something else." Me Yes cause tha..." Them (cutting me off again) "Well it doesn't really matter, just get it done" (15-20 mins gone in war of words just to do what was about to be done anyway) SMH why? WHY?!?

#42 ·
Sounds familiar. The JO's are even funnier.

#44 ·
According to Honda's specs, none of the 2007 Accords have "Power Door Locks/Programmable Auto-Locking Doors". But I'm not calling you a liar. The SE V-6 was a new model in '07, so maybe they snuck in that feature and kept it under the radar? There aren't too many '07 SE V-6 Accords out there, so I'm wondering if any other owners of this specific model can weigh in on this issue.

#52 ·
:thumbsup:hey 7thcoupe...are you guys talking about my comment that I posted twice???? I KNOW YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE WERE HAVING A CONVO ABOUT SOMEONE MAKING THREATS.. THAT DEFINITLEY WAS NOT ME AT ALL. I LOVE THE FORUM..AND I'LL BE HERE FOR LIFE LOL...INITIALLY I DID MAKE A COMMENT AND IT WAS SOLELY BC SOMEONE REPLIEDF TO ME WITH A REALLY DUMB ANSWER AND IT KINDA PISSED ME OFF---OVER IT NOW..ANYWAYS, IF I OFFENDED ANYONE OR CAME ACROSS LIKE I WAS THREATENING ANYONE AT ALL I APOLOGIZE..I KNOW HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE AND THAT WHAT I EXPECT IN RETURN..IM A NEW YORKER TRUST ME RESPECT MEANS A LOT TO US. LONG STORY SHORT I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND ANYONE AND I ALWAYS APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S ADVICE IN 7TH GEN. THANKS GUYS!!!! ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.