Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 05:24 AM
1st Gear

Right side mirror replace -HELP!

Car: 2008 Honda Accord EX
Affected: Right side view mirror
Needed: Assembly diagram

Hey,

So a couple of weeks ago I smashed my right sideview mirror - Dont bother asking how - I feel stupid as it is!

In any case, the housing, and the motorized funtion still worked, it was just that the mirror was shattered.

I continued to drive with it as is partly becuase the dealer wanted to charge me $400 for the replacement of the mirror, or and arm and a leg for the whole housing.

I recently booked a road test for the completion of my graduated licence, and I need to have the mirror fixed before I got on the road test.

What I did was as a quick fix I went to Canadian tire and got a cutable reflective thing thats used as a temporary solution and tried to stick it on.

So I pulled off the shattered glass, it still maintained it shape, I traced out the glass, and began to cut. I guess my cutting was not as acurate as I thought because the mirror still didnt fit. So there was a screw that holding the mirror plate in place, so I unscrewed it and this white plastic knob fell out (I have NO idea from where).

So I have a plastic plate, the faux mirror stick on, a screw with a washer on the end, a spring and this little white knob.

I know have to put it all back together but dont know where to put the knob. without the knob the plate does not stay in place, with the knob (in what I think is the right place, the spring doesnt fit behind the screw (where it was when I was taking it out.)

If anybody has a diagram of the mirror housing and where each part is to go it would help ALOT!

Thank you in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

hey..wassup
i had the same problem last week (backed out of the garage, then hit the garage railing). i had to replace the mirror and the housing. i bought the parts needed for (total $23) and picked it up from the dealership so i wouldnt be charged shipping.

Go down to post #6 on this thread and use the pdf file. its what i used and it helped.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...de+view+mirror

the white knob you are talking about might be the actual thing that moves the mirror. but i am not sure. can you post some pics with what you are having trouble with? i can help.

if i were you, i would buy the oem mirror. its worth it.
Advertisement

Tags
diagram, mirror

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.