Seat covers for 2006 Accord Sedan EX? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Shopper > Accessories

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Seat covers for 2006 Accord Sedan EX?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased seat covers for their Honda? I know that the covers interfere with the airbags in the seats but there must be a cover made just for these seats.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the seats looking new and preserving them from daily wear and tear? I probably will just get a black sheet and lay it on the seat (I work outdoors and sometimes get dirty!).

Any info appreciated,

Gus
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Can you say 270HP?

Hm. Maybe you could get covers and then cut the side where the airbag comes out. Overall I STRONGLY am against having anything on the seat. Plus the seats in the Accord IMO are pretty big. You might have a hard time finding a cover that would fit. Maybe others have ideas.
1996 Honda Accord LX Sedan 100,045k
Previous:
2001 Honda Accord LX-L Sedan 103,422k
1989 Honda Accord SE-I Sedan MINT! 92k,
2006 Accord EX V6 6-spd Sedan! - 9k
2003 Honda Accord EX-L 5spd Sedan Totaled:( R.I.P. , 1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan - 127k in 2001 , 1984 Honda Accord LX Hatchback - 265k in 1999
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
I've been reading online. It looks like there are seat covers available online that are "side airbag friendly." I am not sure what Honda thinks about them, but I bet they are fine. Looks like they can get expensive online though.

Maybe someone else can help you better than me.

2011 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Diesel.
2012 VW Golf TDI 4dr Tech Package 6MT

Forum Rules and Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Here's a hint - if you don't want to be judged by what you write on an internet forum then don't write on an internet forum.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:31 PM
1st Gear

Thanks...I'll have to do more research on this...I plan to keep this car a long time and the daily getting in and out will wear the seat fabric. I just want to try to keep it like new for as long as I can.

Gus
Old 03-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Here's one that claims perfect fit or refund. Air bag, lumbar support, etc. taken into consideration.

https://store.coverking.com/
Old 03-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Unique

Got mine from http://www.universalseatcovers.com/index.html on an ebay auction. They are made of a canvas/denim material. I have an EX-L which also has air bags in the front seats. The seat covers are custom made and have a velcro seam where the air bags would deploy. The idea is if the air bags would deploy, the velcro seam would come apart. I paid ~ $70 shipped and that includes both front seats (bottom, back, & headrest) and center armrest cover. They are of a very good quality and are protecting the leather seats nicely. The ebay members name is peinvest. Do a search for items sold by that member and I am sure you will find a listing for your car. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

Thanks very much--I will look into all your info!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.