Question about anti-theft light blinking - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
NYC-718

Question about anti-theft light blinking

hello there guys, i have a 09 accord coupe, i have it since august 09 and i never had a problem with it(knock on wood) but today i got out of my car and locked the doors from the key like i always do just like everyone else and for some reason theres a RED dot blinking on my speedometer and on the radio were the cd goes.. and on the side of the light were the cd goes it reads " anti-theft".. i never once saw that light blink and i was wondering if maybe i hit a button or something, i know for a fact that light has never blinked ever.. i was wondering if anyone knows how to shut it off, or even how it started to blink.. thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Honda Nation

That's the security system light in your speedometer, and the radio anti-theft light on the radio.

You know for a fact you've never looked at or noticed it.... ever (just had to clarify that for you )

It might be the first time you saw the light in the speedometer, but trust me, it's always been there. There is no way or need to remove it, unless you just never lock the doors.

The security system sets when you lock the doors with either the remote control, the door lock switch, or the exterior door solenoid.

Dec. 1999 - May 2010: 2000 Prelude 5 MT, sold with 220,000 miles and still running great - gone, but not forgotten
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda

Send a message via AIM to IrishCream06
Those lights just let you know that the security for the car is on. No need to worry.

5000K HIDs, LED Interior/Exterior Conversion
-
Custom 2.5" Magnaflow Magnapack Duals w/ SS Camaro Tips, Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake
-
Eibach Sportlines w/ Tokico Blues, Sport Edition F10 Machined 17s, Red Brake Calipers, Kumho Ecsta Platinum Tires
-
Window Tint, Painted Mirrors, Fogs, and Cowl, Complete Rear-end Debadging, OEM Black Headlights, Custom Grille Paintwork
-
JL Speaker Replacement, Two JL 10" W1s w/ G1700 700 Watt Amp
Old 11-10-2010, 03:09 PM
NYC-718

Cool

thanks guys..
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Motor City

hmm thats pretty strange because I dont have anything blinking on my speedometer or the radio, but im sure its just the regular alarm... did they take that off for the 2010 models?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 AM
niiice!

I have a 2010 coupe and all m lights blink when i arm the car.
I also know my ride is armed cause i double press my lock to make sure the horns go off when i arm it.

dunno what u guys are talking about no blinking....so how would u know its armed by tugging on the door handle? lol
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.