Easy way to play music via bluetooth - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 11:53 AM
3rd Gear

Easy way to play music via bluetooth

I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but I picked up a new Blackberry Stereo Gateway on eBay for only $20 shipped.

What this little treasure does is it allows you to stream music from not only a blackberry but almost all bluetooth cellphones including the iPhone and iPod Touch. Any device that supports bluetooth A2DP.

The back has two connections, one for auxiliary and one for usb power (you can use a regular mini-usb car charger for this).

I personally use an iPhone so all I had to do is turn on the bluetooth on my phone, add the device and it automatically connected. So now when any audio is playing through my phone, it plays through my speakers crystal clear. I haven't experienced any issues with this so far.

What's really neat is that when I'm listening to music and someone is calling me, it fades out the music and my phone rings. I can then pick up the phone without hearing the person in my speakers and continue with my conversation. When I'm done with my call, it fades the music back in and continues to play.

I can't be certain of this because I haven't tested it but from what I've put together from researching online is that if you use a bluetooth headset WITH this stereo gateway, it will still transfer the call to the headset. I assume the phone knows that what type of device the gateway is and that it doesn't have a mic. I'll try and test this soon though.

Overall it worth every penny because I used to have to pull the auxiliary cable out of the phone every time I was getting a call or whats even worse is trying to charge the phone and listen to music at the same time. You're left with cables connected at the top and bottom. For $20 you can't go wrong.

Pro's:
- Much cleaner setup
- No cables dangling
- Music fades in and out for calls
- Only $20!

Con's
- Uses up the charger outlet in the console unless you get a dual usb charger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Sugar coating for you ..

Can you not just use an auxiliary from your phone to your aux. port? That's what I do with my Droid Incredible with Pandora Radio application. When I get a text or call, it stops the music and plays the tone for whatever is coming through.

But I think I see what you are saying about the pros since you are talking about bluetooth. So it does seems pretty useful, I don't use bluetooth myself but I see where this would be good.

My member journal / build thread @ IWSTI

2008 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L AT NBP
No longer owned
Old 12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielc409 View Post
Can you not just use an auxiliary from your phone to your aux. port? That's what I do with my Droid Incredible with Pandora Radio application. When I get a text or call, it stops the music and plays the tone for whatever is coming through.

But I think I see what you are saying about the pros since you are talking about bluetooth. So it does seems pretty useful, I don't use bluetooth myself but I see where this would be good.
Yeah you can do that but its just more convenient. For me, if someone calls and its still plugged in they can't hear me until I unplug the aux cable. I also like to put my phone in door cubby. It basically just turns your phone into a remote control for your music or whatever your playing.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Motor City

Doesnt look to bad of a device and I see where your coming from, butt I would rather just stick to the original AUX cable, unless it was cordless somehow that would of been nice
Old 12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

I need to get one of these to use with my HTC Evo and the stock stereo. Saw someone post a positive review for this device earlier. Must work well. I hate having my phone teathered to the center console.

My Build Thread
Car Videos

Mods: Practically Bone Stock :) Parts Bin: Empty
Old 12-12-2010, 05:18 PM
The Stig's day off...

Really. No USB power in my coupe that I have found yet. Definitely worth checking out.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Really. No USB power in my coupe that I have found yet. Definitely worth checking out.

Thanks!
You can use a regular phone charger for a blackberry or just get the wire and this..

Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Can I connect to both the blackberry stereo gateway and the Honda bluetooth? If I'm streaming Pandora to the gateway and a call comes in, does it switch to the in-car bluetooth?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

this is exactly what I am looking for, I already have the usb charger. I currently use this wire http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34654 to play music through my iphone, it charges it too at the same time.

Can I get a ebay link for that please?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 AM
5th Gear

I thought the quality of music was not as good using a blue tooth connection over the aux? What do you all think.

Mods
Accord Touring LED Headlights thanks to Hardtopguy for the harness
Accord Touring LED Tail lights thanks to Hardtopguy for the harness
Accord Leather Steering Wheel
Accord V6 Leather Shift Knob
Clazzio Seat Covers Click here for A Review
CCH Sport Horn Upgrade Kit

Future Mods
Speaker Upgrades

Past cars
08 Accord EX-L Sedan V6
02 Accord EX Sedan 5MT
Old 12-13-2010, 05:30 AM
The Stig's day off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
You can use a regular phone charger for a blackberry or just get the wire and this..

SNIP
Cool thanks! Definitely going to look into this now, especially to get Pandora in my car!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:46 AM
5th Gear

i may have to get one of these. Looks like my ipod going bad now

Mods
Accord Touring LED Headlights thanks to Hardtopguy for the harness
Accord Touring LED Tail lights thanks to Hardtopguy for the harness
Accord Leather Steering Wheel
Accord V6 Leather Shift Knob
Clazzio Seat Covers Click here for A Review
CCH Sport Horn Upgrade Kit

Future Mods
Speaker Upgrades

Past cars
08 Accord EX-L Sedan V6
02 Accord EX Sedan 5MT
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligi333 View Post
this is exactly what I am looking for, I already have the usb charger. I currently use this wire http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34654 to play music through my iphone, it charges it too at the same time.

Can I get a ebay link for that please?
Sure. He has more too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfs830 View Post
I thought the quality of music was not as good using a blue tooth connection over the aux? What do you all think.
That's what I thought but I figured for 20 bucks, its worth a shot. I honestly can't tell the difference between using the wire vs bluetooth and I'd honestly say I'm a very pick person when it comes to sound... or anything for that matter

What's neat was I was walking from the gym to my car listening to music through my headphones and when I got in the car and turned it on, it continued playing my music since it automatically pairs with the device. Very cool.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Thanks OP. I just ordered one from your Ebay link. I almost bought this today from Amazon for $35 so it was a good thing I waited.

For $20, I'm willing to try and see how it is. Especially since I don't know how this will work with my OEM Navi's HFL.

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
Old 12-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

God, I'm getting ready to purchase a second vehicle next week and really should hold off on this purchase but may just have to do this. Next Millenium can you post your review when you get this with the HFL?

My Build Thread
Car Videos

Mods: Practically Bone Stock :) Parts Bin: Empty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.