Best YEAR for a used Accord????? !! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > General Drive

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

Best YEAR for a used Accord????? !!

I'm considering ditching the idea of getting a used Camry and going with a used Accord EX Automatic.

What prior years do you all suggest or have experienced as being the best?

THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
next stop: 300k!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan

the rest of them don't matter....
I'm 5'6'brown eyes,38 old,no child,but like. Please press 1 for English. No child, but like. You are child-like? You like no child? You like children? Sorry, the subscription for my translator is expired.
PROUD FAN OF STEELERS, PIRATES, AND PENGUINS

DA moderator

2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (201k miles)

gone, but not forgotten:
1993 Honda Accord (341k when sold, retired @ 369k)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (168k when sold, last check-in @ ~197k, blown head gasket)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
1st Gear

Thanks! Might you expand on your answer...?
I'm assuming they ran forever and didn't give you no guff?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to gen_unknown_7.5
Its going to vary from every person about which accord is THE Best accord since everyone has their own personal nicks of what their cars should have.

So far I've driven a 92 coupe, a 97 sedan (1week =/), 98 sedan, and now an 07 sedan all are I4.

With the 92 coupe, cabin space is plenty and there were hardly any blind spots! Steering was awesome since I could feel the road while driving. Had headers and a SRI so it roared liked a best. Down side, paint was c**** faded easily, then again it was a used car. Steering wheel shook like no other, im assuming motor moments.

97 Sedan, I love the appearance of this car. I had fantasies of JDMing it out, with inspires and all that. I only had this car for a week because the master cylinder was leaking like a faucet, but the owner claimed nothing was wrong... Really now... brake pedal to the floor... car still inchin up.... So i returned it. I heard its a common problem for the MC to give way for that year. Last gripe is the tail lights expand into the trunk area =/

98 Sedan, My luck isnt really great with accords it seems, because the problem i had with this car was a permanent negative rear camber. But its probably just MY car. Other than that, great acceleration, had some good sumitomo tires, and it handled turns like it were on tracks. No suspensions upgrade what so ever. Cabin space is plenty also. Pillars got a little bit bigger so there may be some blind spots. Gas mileage is wonder! Trunk space is sooo much bigger compared to the previous 2.

07 Sedan. Recently got this certified, once i got into the car i immediately noticed that cabin space is definitely feels more confined in the front with bigger pillars, more slanted front and rear windows, so more blind spots. Rear seating is very spacious compared to the front. Big big difference, no wonder they call it a family sedan. I also like the center console, since it now has a door, and you can finally stash your valuables in less than a second. MPG isnt as great as the 98, but maybe because i have a lead foot =/. Acceleration is lot more responsive than all the others, but the steering decreased a lot. Feels too loose IMHO, doesnt feel like im driving. And this car has a lot of understeer and oversteer if you like to take corners quick. Did i forget to mention that the trunk space just keeps getting bigger and bigger?

As for my choice of the year for the accords. I would pick the 07 since i need my car more for utility purposes than performance and joy reasons. And the 07 is more unique than all the accords with its triangle tail lights compared to the common rectangles.

Hope you do your research on whichever gen your getting. Accords ruleeee
HIDs 6k, Tint F:23% R:17%, Complete LED Interior + License, OEM All-weather Mats, TL 20 RSB/27.2 FSB, USA-spec PA15-HON2, Decklid Spoiler, K&N drop in Air Filter, OEM window Visors, WeatherTech Bug Deflector, Modded front license plate, Inspire Fog Lights Reps (3k), Hybrid Tail Lights (Reps), Sypder Projector Headlights
Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 PM
6th Gear

2007 For sure.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Motor City

which ever is best for the price your willing to spend
Old 12-14-2010, 11:51 PM
i-VTEC, do you?

Any Accord that is in the last year of it's model cycle. Typically by then, most of the kinks have been worked out.

Mods: Too many for the sign... Check my Cardomain for a complete list & pics.

Waiting To Be Installed: Rear Window Visor, New WeatherTech Deflectors and New White LED's (All Around).

Next Up: Retro's & Spring Paint Correction & Detail and an Audio Upgrade.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3888198/
Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Carpe Diem

You can't go wrong with an 06-07 Accord. They are essentially the same exact car. Best Accords Honda ever made.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
You can't go wrong with an 06-07 Accord. They are essentially the same exact car. Best Accords Honda ever made.
CU rates these cars way up there also. You can't really go wrong with a low mileage, service record intensive GenVII. Shame new ones now not available.
Perhaps Certified.

best, ez...........

'13 VW JETTA SPTWGN TDI 6M
Build date:03/12/2013 NO NAV
ZERO SUNROOF:CANDY WHITE

1982 VW Rab. Diesel Pickup 5M
Mojave Beige/ac/bedliner/alloys
(sold to restoration outfit)
Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 AM
3rd Gear

Definitely 2007
8k hids
Ksport Lowering Springs
SPC front and rear camber kit
Tokico Struts
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM
next stop: 300k!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whowhat View Post
Thanks! Might you expand on your answer...?
I'm assuming they ran forever and didn't give you no guff?
the 93 wasn't without its issues, with master cylinder, 4 accidents, suspension wearing out, exhaust, window motors, alternator. there are others that i can't think of right now.

but, she never quit on me. i bought her with 90k on the clock, and 7 yrs later, finally sold it to my mom's coworker for 500 bucks. she still drives it today. last i knew, she had about 370k miles on her. i put 250k miles on her myself.

the 07 has been good to me as well, cept for the occasional rattle on the passenger side. the verdict seems to be good on this one so far, but only time will tell... so far, have driven 12k miles since september.
I'm 5'6'brown eyes,38 old,no child,but like. Please press 1 for English. No child, but like. You are child-like? You like no child? You like children? Sorry, the subscription for my translator is expired.
PROUD FAN OF STEELERS, PIRATES, AND PENGUINS

DA moderator

2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (201k miles)

gone, but not forgotten:
1993 Honda Accord (341k when sold, retired @ 369k)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (168k when sold, last check-in @ ~197k, blown head gasket)
Old 12-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Low Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
Lot's of votes for 2007. I had a 2006, and it was the best Honda built IMO. Never once did it need to visit the dealership for any reason. Material quality (before they cheapened it), build quality, fit and finish are very much the way Honda should and have been (sadly not now?).

Ok, there was some cheapness. The OEM battery was short lived, and the rear brakes needed new pads. Some call it wear & tear, but it's really just cheap as many owners will say the same things.

There may be some other Model years that are good also (when it was newer), but many of them are getting up there in age, and with 3-4-5 owners. Been beaten and raped sometimes.

With the Gen 7.5, we know you'll most likely be getting one that is off from the first (original) owner. Who took care of his/her "brand new" car.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
2003 I4 Noble Green EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamacre View Post
1967 Honda LN360

Looks like my old 1959 Hillman Husky....I WANT IT!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:39 AM
3rd Gear

cant go wrong with 7th gen. i got a 2004 ex auto and its perfect. im the second owner (though i bought it in 2005) and its been perfect. no problems at all, peppy engine, spacious enough. bigger pillars then older models but definitely more visibility than many other newer cars. everyone i know with 7th gens has been very happy with their choice
Old 12-16-2010, 08:03 AM
3rd Gear

Why does everyone keep suggesting the 07 and not 06-07? I've got an 06 and it's amazing, nothing major needed to be done even @ 80k. Did they make any changes at all from 06-07??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.