Trim Difference between EX, EX-L - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to emilio320 Send a message via Skype™ to emilio320
Trim Difference between EX, EX-L

I have been searching these forums for a while now, as well as google trying to find ou the exact difference between two 7th gen accords both V6 6-SPEED. One is EX and one is EX-L what does the extra "L" model have that the EX doesn't? is it just the navi unit? if so is the EX "pre-wired" to accept a fully functional OEM navi unit if i buy it afterwards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 01:42 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to nodrog321
L = leather.

there is an EX-L WITH navi, and EX-L without navi.
-Soundgate aux integration
-Diode Dynamics stage 2 kit (license plate, front door lights)
-Aftermarket Inspire Fogs with 4300k HIDs
-TL Type S rims!
-OEM Decklid Spoiler
-Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL
-JL Audio TR690 rear speakers
-Polk DB 6501 front speakers
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Acura TL RSB

Cardomain
Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM
3rd Gear

thats weird, because BOTH models at the dealership have leather and they are both 06 v6 6speed ?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
The EX and EX-L V6 models are 5AT only. The EX-L adds leather, heated front seats, front dual zone climate control, and a temp read out in the gauge cluster.

That said, V6 6MT coupe only comes in full-boat EX-L trim. In addition to the EX-L features, the leather is perforated, you get unique alloy wheels, the stereo is rated at 180 instead of 120 and black carbon fiber interior trim instead of wood or aluminum look. I can't remember if a spoiler is standard on the 7th gen V6 6MT coupe.

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6
Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The EX and EX-L V6 models are 5AT only. The EX-L adds leather, heated front seats, front dual zone climate control, and a temp read out in the gauge cluster.

That said, V6 6MT coupe only comes in full-boat EX-L trim. In addition to the EX-L features, the leather is perforated, you get unique alloy wheels, the stereo is rated at 180 instead of 120 and black carbon fiber interior trim instead of wood or aluminum look. I can't remember if a spoiler is standard on the 7th gen V6 6MT coupe.
It's not, at least not in Canada, I've seen a number of V6 6MT Coupe locally with either no rear spoiler, or (very few) with the deck-lip spoiler, or with the wing spoiler, in fact the wing spoiler on my car (bought pre-owned) is nearly certain to be aftermarket (i.e. non-OEM), I really wished it could have been OEM.
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Alpin PA2

DriveAccord.Net Forum Rules & Regs
DriveAccord.net Classified Rules
Old 01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear

maybe this stuff was added after the fact. cus i just ran the vin online and it says its a 2006 accord sedan 6 speed EX but the car comes equipped with dual zone climate control heated leather seats AND black carbon fiber trim. its beige leather interior btw and white outside..
Old 01-23-2011, 03:03 PM
6th Gear

I think dual-zone is on all EXs, and CF comes with the 6MT. If it's got leather, it's an EX-L. Some people don't use the L addition, though.

Growing up:
1992 Chevrolet Cavalier: 2000-2008
1986 Pontiac 6000 LE: 1995-2000
1982 Honda Accord: 1993-1995
1979 Honda Civic: 1991-1993
Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN1 View Post
I think dual-zone is on all EXs, and CF comes with the 6MT. If it's got leather, it's an EX-L. Some people don't use the L addition, though.
yea i just looked at the FAQ and "general info" thread to double check but wanted to be sure i wasn't giving up any options by opting to get the white EX vs the silver EX-L they are selling.. im trading in my 06 Accord VP AUTO for an 06 accord ex 6 speed this week SUPER excited! i really missed driving stick.. the only thing is miami traffic ****S but i'll live
Old 01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

In USA, all 6-speeds have leather w/ heated seats, dual zone climate, sunroof, 17" alloys, etc. They were all fully loaded with the exception of Navi, which was the only factory option. None of the 7th gens come from the factory with a spoiler of any kind, except the Hybrid (lip spoiler). There is not always an -L added to the EX because prior to the 08 model year, if you wanted an EX and a V6, it had to have leather. If you wanted a cloth V6, it was called an LX V6 (or SE V6 was also available in 07). This was a convention dating all the way back to the introduction of a V6 in the 1995 Accord, ending when the 08's dropped the LX V6 model and added an EX V6 cloth model.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Out of Control

additional features of the 6mt:
premium radio(180w vs 120w)
carbon fiber trim
perforated leather seats
different rim design
larger front brakes than the v6 auto, which is already better than the I4 brakes, but only for the coupes, the sedan v6 6mt has the same brakes as the v6 auto.
stiffer front suspension
front strut bar
and I THINK improved intake design, but that might only apply to the 8th gen accord 6mt.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:59 PM
5th Gear

perf seats is coupe only. Sedan has regular solid leather.
Steering wheel on coupe is 3 spoke, and has red cluster gauges and navi
Sedan has a leather wrapped 4 spoke wheel
Old 01-23-2011, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

thanks for all the replies guys very accurate info
Old 01-23-2011, 05:21 PM
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT

I thought I'd also throw out that none of the 7gens are prewired for navi. If Navi isn't in there from the factory, there's no wiring for it. You have to custom make it all (or buy it from someone) - there's a reputible guy on ebay that sells the whole kit for $1600, if you want Navi - it's addable. His name is 'acurahondaexpert'.
USASpec iPod Integration | OEM Rear Wing | Switchblade Key | 35% Tint | DIY HID BiXenon Quad Retro | GM Synchromesh Friction Modified MTF | Short Ram Intake | TSX Side View Mirrors | LED Fog Strip | CR-Z Shift Knob | Custom leather shift boot/e-brake cover | Wheelskins | Colormatched Grille/Mudflaps | Corsport Aluminum Bushings | Cosmo Short Shifter | TL 17mm RSB | Tein S-Tech | Front Lip
Old 01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmoocow View Post
I thought I'd also throw out that none of the 7gens are prewired for navi. If Navi isn't in there from the factory, there's no wiring for it. You have to custom make it all (or buy it from someone) - there's a reputible guy on ebay that sells the whole kit for $1600, if you want Navi - it's addable. His name is 'acurahondaexpert'.
omg dud thanks for referring me to this!! i am DEFINITELY going to order this when i get my tax refund back, i might even add the all the extra options, (back up camera, video input, etc) only thing is i heard the voice command option supposedly doesn't work well? any opinions?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT

Skip the voice command. Road Noise makes it pretty difficult to use - so I've been told.

I would contact Martin (ebay dude) and talk to him directly about getting a unit that is as close to what you'd have gotten OEM as possible. ie, make sure you get a sedan head unit, or the colors won't match the rest of your car illumination, and get an 06-07 unit, as it's slightly updated cosmetically. If you have a 6MT, you have the premium 180w stereo, so you'd ideally want the 6mt head unit too. He's really the expert on the subject though, so definitely engage with him before just pulling the trigger.
USASpec iPod Integration | OEM Rear Wing | Switchblade Key | 35% Tint | DIY HID BiXenon Quad Retro | GM Synchromesh Friction Modified MTF | Short Ram Intake | TSX Side View Mirrors | LED Fog Strip | CR-Z Shift Knob | Custom leather shift boot/e-brake cover | Wheelskins | Colormatched Grille/Mudflaps | Corsport Aluminum Bushings | Cosmo Short Shifter | TL 17mm RSB | Tein S-Tech | Front Lip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.