Wind/ Whistling noise - 2009 Accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Wind/ Whistling noise - 2009 Accord

I know there are a few threads around this but I couldn't find anything relating to an actual fix that worked. Has anyone figured out a fix for the wind/whistling noise you here once you hit 55 mph?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
I know there are a few threads around this but I couldn't find anything relating to an actual fix that worked. Has anyone figured out a fix for the wind/whistling noise you here once you hit 55 mph?

Thanks
Thanks for posting this....id like to know too.....i have a 2010 coupe and it is also tainted with this problem...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordV6-271 View Post
Thanks for posting this....id like to know too.....i have a 2010 coupe and it is also tainted with this problem...
1st where r u hearing it? do u have a pwr roof if so try cleaning around the molding around the roof the dealer told me that dust/dirt can get in there & cause a wind noise "it worked for me" try it & c
Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:

Thanks
1st where r u hearing it? do u have a pwr roof if so try cleaning around the molding around the roof the dealer told me that dust/dirt can get in there & cause a wind noise "it worked for me" try it & c
Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

It sounds like it is coming from the front windshield but it is very hard to pinpoint. I do have the moonroof and will try your idea.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 08:04 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
It sounds like it is coming from the front windshield but it is very hard to pinpoint. I do have the moonroof and will try your idea.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 04:27 PM
4th Gear

I took it to the dealer and mentioned the problem. I also told them what I thought was causing it.

There is chrome trim on the door.....there is the same trim on the rear window.

They line up and meet at the edge of the door(when closed).

On the passenger door, the trim on the door was higher then that of the window. As the car is moving, air glides over them like a slide.

On the driver door, the trim on the door was LOWER than the trim on the window. This is also where the noise was coming from. (Air was hitting the second piece of trim....Not like a slide.

They removed and fixed the trim.....Noise is gone ATM

Mods:
OEM Splash Guards / OEM Floor Matts / OEM Trunk Tray / License Plate Frames / 18x8 Moda MD7 Rims / Michelin X-ICE Winter Tires / Black Exhaust Tips / OEM Cargo Net / 8000K HID Lows / 3000K HID Fogs / Cosmo Short shifter / 25mm spacers in the rear and 20mm spacers in the front w/ stock rims / Shifter bushings / JDM grille / Plasti DIP!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM
My First Post

2009 Accord Whistle

We just purchased this one with a "Perfect Fit" bug deflector and was told by the dealer that it was not a Honda product and likely the cause. Today we put rags between the guard and the hood- Voila no more whistle.
Does any body have a real solution to eliminate the noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.