interior light not coming on when door opened - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 AM
1st Gear

Question interior light not coming on when door opened

I recently purchased a 2007 Accord and trying to resolve a few issues it has. The interior light overhead and beween the front and back seats will work when switched to the ON position but does not function when in the DOOR position and door is opened. I have small lights that are on each front door panel as well and when the door switch is pushed in and out to activate it, they go on and off, so the door switch seems to be working. Can anyone offer any help as to what I could check to fix this light? Someone told me that there should also be a chime that activates when the door is open (not sure if thats true or not) but I do not get a chime when the doors are opened. Also not sure if the map lights should activate when the doors are opened either, but they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 AM
1st Gear

Send a message via Skype™ to lordbird2000
if u have the key in the ignition and acc off, you would hear the chime when the door is opened... as for the dome light, pull out the complete housing and check the slider to make sure its making contact, sometimes the bulb gets hot enough to melt the plastic and cause it to loose contact. thats the first thing id check.....good luck
resonator delete, Alpine 10in sub, Kenwood 8150D amp, 12k hid low beams, 20% 5% tint, Aux/iPod jack, xm radio (aftermarket), cobra radar detector, 17in Motegi MR116 rims, kenwood speakers (front and rear)w/ dynamat, led license plate lights, hid high beams, EBC dimpled/slotted rotors
wireless underbody led, 7 Color interior accent kit
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

will try that, thanks. I'll post when I get it pulled out.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

Also, key in, ACC off, door open, NO Chime.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

Chime works after all. Now if i could just get my light to work.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
1st Gear

good to hear... now for the lights.......
resonator delete, Alpine 10in sub, Kenwood 8150D amp, 12k hid low beams, 20% 5% tint, Aux/iPod jack, xm radio (aftermarket), cobra radar detector, 17in Motegi MR116 rims, kenwood speakers (front and rear)w/ dynamat, led license plate lights, hid high beams, EBC dimpled/slotted rotors
Old 03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to gen_unknown_7.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbird2000 View Post
if u have the key in the ignition and acc off, you would hear the chime when the door is opened... as for the dome light, pull out the complete housing and check the slider to make sure its making contact, sometimes the bulb gets hot enough to melt the plastic and cause it to loose contact. thats the first thing id check.....good luck
+1, Chime only works when the key is in the ignition turned to On, or when you have your headlights on, with key out. For the dome light, i would think something is wrong with the relay, from the door sensor to your dome light. also, I would change your interior lights to LEDs to prevent excessive heat build up. And the LED give off way better lighting
HIDs 6k, Tint F:23% R:17%, Complete LED Interior + License, OEM All-weather Mats, TL 20 RSB/27.2 FSB, USA-spec PA15-HON2, Decklid Spoiler, K&N drop in Air Filter, OEM window Visors, WeatherTech Bug Deflector, Modded front license plate, Inspire Fog Lights Reps (3k), Hybrid Tail Lights (Reps), Sypder Projector Headlights
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

tottally agree with the led comment.... im switchin over soon enuff, getting tired of the strange buzzing noise coming from my domelight when it comes on
Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 AM
1st Gear

still having issues with my overhead light. The original one would come on when slid to ON but would not come on when in the DOOR position. I removed it and checked it out and thought maybe the contact was bad on the DOOR setting. I ordered a new light, installed it, and still doesn't work, so something is jacked up somewhere. The door contact switch in the doors work because the lower lights in both the driver and passenger door work when the switch is pushed in and out.
I took it to the dealer yesterday and while they were installing my rear spoiler, had them look at it. They said they couldn't find anything wrong and that they would need to remove my ECM to diagnose it and that it would be costly. I said NO THANKS. I think they were just trying to jack me around and make a bunch of money off of me. I don't believe it requires taking the ECM out but who knows.
Anyone here have any idea what I may can try? Someone has mentioned a relay? Anyone know if theres a relay I can check? Or someone else maybe had this issue in the past? Does anyone know if theres a seperate wire that goes from the door switch to the overhead light and the lights in the doors (since the door lights are working)? Crazy that the light works but will not when door is opened.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:29 AM
4th Gear

I had a similar issue when I had my accord, I posted a diy fix on v6performance :
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ml#post1781310

Accord sedan 2005 EX-L i4 [TRADED]
miles: 40,XXX
DDM 8000K HIDS | 20% Tint | Eibach Pro | OEM fogs | Rotora | Hawk | Switch blade key | iSimple ipod adapter | 2-way Alarm/ remote starter | Intake Resonator delete
Old 03-19-2011, 10:00 AM
04 Accord V6 6spd

the map lights ground through a bolt thats behind the lights. I'm not sure if they ground on one or both sides (because ive never checked) but if its both, its possible that the one for the fader/door position is not tightened. check that if you haven't already. i would say fuses, etc as well, but there aren't any specifically for the fading/door function.. and you said it works when switched correct?...btw i just realized i was assuming the map lights when you said overhead.. did you mean map or dome?

Continental ExtremeContact DWS
TL-S 20mm RSB/27.2mm FSB
K&N Typhoon Intake
Paul's Intake Manifold Spacer
ATLP V1 J-Pipe/RV6 Race Pipe
XLR8 Mounts (62a)
XLR8 Pulley (not installed)
Blitzsafe Hon Aux DMX v.2
Hand-Stitched (Red) Shift Boot
OEM Style Wing

Lighting:
Retro & LED Fog Strip
Full LED Interior + Footwells, Door Side Pockets, Reverse
Pic of most of the LEDs
Reverse LEDs
Custom-lit Coin Tray

My Coin Tray DIY
-CARDOMAIN-
Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntextreme3 View Post
btw i just realized i was assuming the map lights when you said overhead.. did you mean map or dome?
No, it's not the map lights, it's the dome light. Map lights do not come on when door is opened, only when pushed up to activate. My maps light work fine. Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagboy View Post
I had a similar issue when I had my accord, I posted a diy fix on v6performance :
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ml#post1781310
The light I'm referring to is not the map light, it's the dome (overhead light) between front and back seats. Map lights on my 07 do not activate with door opening, just the dome light does. Map lights (over rear view mirror) only come on when pushed up to activate and go off when pushed up again. I do appreciate you sending the the link anyway and trying to assist me.

Last edited by N1Accord72; 03-19-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: error
Old 03-19-2011, 12:07 PM
04 Accord V6 6spd

You don't have a switch near your map lights? I thought they should come on with the door also (if the switch was set accordingly). I didn't think that changed over the years. Trace the wires back to where they originate there has to be some type of control unit if you don't have one in the maps.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS
TL-S 20mm RSB/27.2mm FSB
K&N Typhoon Intake
Paul's Intake Manifold Spacer
ATLP V1 J-Pipe/RV6 Race Pipe
XLR8 Mounts (62a)
XLR8 Pulley (not installed)
Blitzsafe Hon Aux DMX v.2
Hand-Stitched (Red) Shift Boot
OEM Style Wing

Lighting:
Retro & LED Fog Strip
Full LED Interior + Footwells, Door Side Pockets, Reverse
Pic of most of the LEDs
Reverse LEDs
Custom-lit Coin Tray

My Coin Tray DIY
-CARDOMAIN-
Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 PM
4th Gear

Both my map lights and the overhead light come on when I open my door. They both have switches too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.