Broken door release cable clip - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 AM
3rd Gear

Broken door release cable clip

I broke this cable clip that holds the door release cable to the interior door handle so when you pull the handle it pulls the cable.

Do i have to replace the whole cable or can i buy the plastic clip somewhere?

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X995 head unit l AudioControl DQX l Hertz ML165 Mids l Rainbow Germanium Cal 25 Silk Tweeters l JL Audio G6600 Amp l Pioneer TS-A6991R 5-way 6"x9" l 2x Hertz HX300 12" subwoofers l Memphis 16-MC1.1100 Amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 AM
2nd Gear

I might be wrong but I think I've seen this at the local autoparts store like O'Reillys. Not sure if it's the correct size though.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to nodrog321
damn how did you break it? just wondering so it doesnt happen to me when i take apart my panels
-Soundgate aux integration
-Diode Dynamics stage 2 kit (license plate, front door lights)
-Aftermarket Inspire Fogs with 4300k HIDs
-TL Type S rims!
-OEM Decklid Spoiler
-Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL
-JL Audio TR690 rear speakers
-Polk DB 6501 front speakers
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Acura TL RSB

Cardomain
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 AM
06 6MT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIU_Huskies View Post
I broke this cable clip that holds the door release cable to the interior door handle so when you pull the handle it pulls the cable.

Do i have to replace the whole cable or can i buy the plastic clip somewhere?

You will have to replace the whole cable. Looks like the green piece is broken too. You cannot replace that. It's not that expensive. I think I spent around $7 for it. Took about 15 minutes to replace and, no, I do not have a DYI ...

2006 Accord Sedan 6MT Navi
Audio Control LC6I / Rockford Fosgate R600X5 / Infinity Reference 9633cf / Infinity Reference 6030cs / Rockford Fosgate Punch P1-2X10 / Parrot MK6000 / Diode Dynamics 6000K HID Low Beams / DDM 3000K HID Factory Fogs / Diode Dynamcs Stage II LED Conversion / Backup Camera / Mid Muffler Delete / Dynomax Exhaust Resonator / Fujita CAI / 17mm TL Rear Sway Bar / Tein S Tech Springs / Tokico Blues / Ingalls Camber Kit / Ingalls Stiffy
Old 03-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Sold the Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrog321 View Post
damn how did you break it? just wondering so it doesnt happen to me when i take apart my panels
Solution...don't pull the panel away from the door without releasing the cable first.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Solution...don't pull the panel away from the door without releasing the cable first.
Wasn't even like that. The thing was a PITA to get out. I kept struggling to pop it out and it finally came out after the clip broke.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X995 head unit l AudioControl DQX l Hertz ML165 Mids l Rainbow Germanium Cal 25 Silk Tweeters l JL Audio G6600 Amp l Pioneer TS-A6991R 5-way 6"x9" l 2x Hertz HX300 12" subwoofers l Memphis 16-MC1.1100 Amp
Old 03-06-2011, 02:26 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo069 View Post
You will have to replace the whole cable. Looks like the green piece is broken too. You cannot replace that. It's not that expensive. I think I spent around $7 for it. Took about 15 minutes to replace and, no, I do not have a DYI ...
Yeah, the green thing is broken too but I don't think it matters cuz I don't see what it does. My problem with the broken clip is the cable won't stay in the door handle now. Did you just purchase one from a Honda dealership or somewhere online?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Make that BluFlsh

The green part goes in a little bracket on the door panel. It might still work, because the handle will be pulling against the large part on the right. I broke the green part too, when I dropped the door panel. I put the green thing in the bracket, and carefully put the door panel back on, and it's still on a year or more later. You have to have something holding the cable end into the latch though, or it will pop right out. If you can find a clip for the cable end, I think you'll be OK.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
06 6MT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIU_Huskies View Post
Yeah, the green thing is broken too but I don't think it matters cuz I don't see what it does. My problem with the broken clip is the cable won't stay in the door handle now. Did you just purchase one from a Honda dealership or somewhere online?
The green piece secures the cable to the door. It will not work properly without it. It might open it for a while, but it will eventually fail. I went to a dealership.

2006 Accord Sedan 6MT Navi
Audio Control LC6I / Rockford Fosgate R600X5 / Infinity Reference 9633cf / Infinity Reference 6030cs / Rockford Fosgate Punch P1-2X10 / Parrot MK6000 / Diode Dynamics 6000K HID Low Beams / DDM 3000K HID Factory Fogs / Diode Dynamcs Stage II LED Conversion / Backup Camera / Mid Muffler Delete / Dynomax Exhaust Resonator / Fujita CAI / 17mm TL Rear Sway Bar / Tein S Tech Springs / Tokico Blues / Ingalls Camber Kit / Ingalls Stiffy
Old 03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLCKFLSH View Post
The green part goes in a little bracket on the door panel. It might still work, because the handle will be pulling against the large part on the right. I broke the green part too, when I dropped the door panel. I put the green thing in the bracket, and carefully put the door panel back on, and it's still on a year or more later. You have to have something holding the cable end into the latch though, or it will pop right out. If you can find a clip for the cable end, I think you'll be OK.
Ahh, now i see. I didn't realize the green thing snapped into a bracket. I thought it was useless. I was trying to put the clip back on the door handle without clipping the green thing to a bracket and the cable just kept on falling out of the door handle.

I will put the green thing in the bracket and see if i can get it to work. Otherwise i guess i'll just have to buy a whole new cable.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo069 View Post
The green piece secures the cable to the door. It will not work properly without it. It might open it for a while, but it will eventually fail. I went to a dealership.
Thanks, i didn't know that the green piece served an actual purpose before.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L

Send a message via AIM to korrupt3dazn Send a message via Skype™ to korrupt3dazn
lol i broke that part too when replacing my speakers...it ghetto but I used electric tape, super glue, and then i cut a pen up to wrap around the green part. Been holding up for a year now LOL. I wanna line my door with dynamat but I know if i take the door apart that would probally break.

Previous Cars:
2004 Accord EX-L I4
2000 Accord EX V6
Old 03-06-2011, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt3dazn View Post
lol i broke that part too when replacing my speakers...it ghetto but I used electric tape, super glue, and then i cut a pen up to wrap around the green part. Been holding up for a year now LOL. I wanna line my door with dynamat but I know if i take the door apart that would probally break.
Hey, i won't knock it. I will jerryrig it too if i can get it to work again without buying a whole new cable.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Make that BluFlsh

I didn't even have to do anything (tape etc.) to the green piece. There's nothing really pulling the cable out of the bracket, and the door handle actually pulls against the part that's still on the cable. It would be held in place better, if both sides were holding it, but mine hasn't fallen out yet.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:11 PM
6th Gear

i've replaced that cable before!! i paid like $8 for it at the dealer! the entire cable with the clips.
Custom mod:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36855
DIY - 7th Gen I4 Drive Belt Replacement
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=624170
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.