2004 Honda Accord V6 Gas Tank? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 06:01 PM
veesix

2004 Honda Accord V6 Gas Tank?

I have 2004 Honda Accord V6 and usually I fill up before or right around the time the light clicks on. One time, being on the "E", the gas pump hit 13 point something gallons. How many gallons does this model hold? How many gallons are left by the time the light turns on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Make that BluFlsh

The tank capacity is supposed to be 17.1 gallons. The light comes on early, so you will usually only get a little over 13 gallons, if you fill up right after the light comes on.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants116 View Post
I have 2004 Honda Accord V6........................................How many gallons does this model hold? How many gallons are left by the time the light turns on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
1. Capacity of fuel tank is 17.1 gallons per Owner's Manual......................

2. Gallons remaining when low fuel lite glows: 3.3 gallons. Based on three checks.

ez....

'13 VW JETTA SPTWGN TDI 6M
Build date:03/12/2013 NO NAV
ZERO SUNROOF:CANDY WHITE

1982 VW Rab. Diesel Pickup 5M
Mojave Beige/ac/bedliner/alloys
(sold to restoration outfit)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Sold the Accord

Read your owner's manual. The key is not to run out of gas. 3 gallons remaining gives you plenty of gas to refill, in case you are in a place where a gas station is not just a few miles away.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM
No longer active

This is common to every manufacturer, btw. The most I've ever put into my tank is 14.16 gallons (but I'm usually filling it with between 13 and 14 gallons). The tank was on E and the light had been on for quite a while (40+ miles). Basically, manufacturers want to avoid the possible damage that comes with running a modern engine completely empty. All sorts of bad stuff can happen and they don't want to develop a bad rep. Your car holds 17.1 gallons. If you take my car and fuel economy averages (currently running a total average after tracking since October of 2010 of 27.19 mpg), that means my car has a total range of about 465 miles. Of course, I could get more or less depending on what sort of driving I'm doing, but I'd never have the nerve to push it that far.
Pretty much every manufacturer builds in an extra 1-3 gallons of gas past empty to ensure that you get to a gas station before you run the risk of damaging your vehicle.

No messages will be checked. No responses will be given.

Frankly, even though this forum has a lot of very nice people, the few bad apples around here have gotten on my nerves. I simply don't care enough to log on and try and help others when all too frequently, I get mocked or made fun of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.