Please post how to install amp !!! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Audio & Electronics

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM
8th gear

Please post how to install amp !!!

Please someone who knows how to install amplifier with component speakers and RCA converter from very beginning. i was looking all over the place here. All i need is step by step. im not audio guru and really need to understand how to do so . i've been help once to install amplifier with rca converter in my mazda 6 but now i have honda accord 2011 coupe lx-s no nav. no climate control. and i have polk 6.5 component speakers with crossovers and twitters. and i really need help with this. real problem begins with rca and crossovers.
in polks manual says connect all wires to crossover and then from crossover to amp. i just cant figure out this. plus front speaker harness have 4 wires. why does it have 4 wires?
i dont want to install in the audio shop ,no way. want to learn and do it my self ,thats the whole point of having car. its yours you want to do it your way.

thank you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
  1. Front speaker wires from back of head unit to LOC (RCA convertor you called it).
  2. RCA cables (1 pair) from LOC to amp.
  3. Speaker wires (2 per side) from amp to crossover that came with the new speakers.
  4. Speaker wires (4 per side) from crossover to speakers. Two wires will go to each woofer and two to each tweeter. The crossover should have markings to tell you which outputs are for the tweeter and which is for the woofer.
  5. Power cable from battery to inline fuse to amp. Closer to the battery the fuse is the better. Find an existing grommet to run it through or drill a new hole through the firewall. If you drill a new hole be sure to use a grommet to protect the wire.
  6. Ground from amp to wherever you want to ground it. Keep the wire as short as possible and grind the paint off so it is grounded to bare metal.
  7. Amp turn on. Find a wire that is only hot when the car is turned on and tap into that.

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM
8th gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoeMama78 View Post
  1. Front speaker wires from back of head unit to LOC (RCA convertor you called it).
  2. RCA cables (1 pair) from LOC to amp.
  3. Speaker wires (2 per side) from amp to crossover that came with the new speakers.
  4. Speaker wires (4 per side) from crossover to speakers. Two wires will go to each woofer and two to each tweeter. The crossover should have markings to tell you which outputs are for the tweeter and which is for the woofer.
  5. Power cable from battery to inline fuse to amp. Closer to the battery the fuse is the better. Find an existing grommet to run it through or drill a new hole through the firewall. If you drill a new hole be sure to use a grommet to protect the wire.
  6. Ground from amp to wherever you want to ground it. Keep the wire as short as possible and grind the paint off so it is grounded to bare metal.
  7. Amp turn on. Find a wire that is only hot when the car is turned on and tap into that.
thanks a lot to you,but i still have a questions.
how do i get sound if i use wires from head unit to LOC? damn, i wish someone do a whole write up with pics about this, so no more new topics about amp could be. i will do it if i clear all my questions
Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
The LOC should have what looks like speaker wires and two female RCA outputs. You connect the speaker wires on the LOC to the speaker wires coming out of the head unit. You then connect a set of RCA cables from the LOC to the input on the amp. Then you run speaker wire from the output of the amp to the new crossovers.

Basically the radio will output the signal to the LOC which will send it to the amp, then to the crossovers, and finally the speakers.

I don't know what the color code is for the wiring harness on your car. If you search around the audio threads you might find it.

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Dats da way to do...

Send a message via AIM to johnnydinh701
would adding an amp to the speakers make the speakers sound better and be able to hear more of the lows from them? or would it be better to just add a sub?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.