silly question - how to fold the rear seat? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 08:42 AM
4th Gear

silly question - how to fold the rear seat?

hi everyone.

i have 2006 gen 7 accord 4 doors sedan right hand steering for asia market. the trim level in here is VTiL, for that i get : leather seats, dual zone a/c, cruise controls, HID lights as standard, but no moonroof.

get back to the question: how to fold the rear seat?
i tried to look in the manual, it says that insert a key in the rear panel, but when i search it, there is no key hole? i have been reading the forum, in the US market u get single folding rear seat, with a see through armrest, is that correct?

Please help, as i cannot find single button to push or pull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011, 10:53 AM
3rd Gear

If you cannot find the keyhole, then lok in the trunk for a pull cord. In the US the cars have a handle that releases the seats due to kids hopping in the trunk and dying.
Turn signals in the side view mirrors
Magnefilter on the tranny
Dynamat like crazy and speaker upgrades
Acura rear sway bar 17mm
Front strut bar (ebay cheapo)
Carbon fiber hood
Blue paint on the engine plastics also
Tanabe Sustec Coilovers
Wicked camberkit on the rear
DC Sports CAI
Acura Intake Manifold
Magnaflow 14832 dual muffler conversion
DC sports header
Old 05-08-2011, 06:32 PM
4th Gear

thanks keoke526. really? kids hop into the trunk and die?

i have tried to look for the cord inside the trunk, but there was none. i may not know what to look for
well, i guess that i have to live that my accord don't have a fold able rear seat.

i am still curious though, if they don't have the feature, why in the manual (translated into my language), there is an instruction of have to insert the key and so on. Next time i visit my Honda dealer, i will ask them.

Just for info, they don't put the calibration for the outside temp. sensor in the manual, i learned here in driveaccord.net.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM
5th Gear

Assuming the seats are designed the same way for the Asian market Accord as ours, the manual wasn't lying-the keyhole should be there.

Out of curiosity, what country do you live in? Was your Accord purchased (originally) from an official Honda distributor, or a third party importer? I'm thinking that maybe your car came with a manual that is matched to a model from a different market.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
4th Gear

hi bok269, nice to meet you.

I live in Indonesia. I purchased my accord via official Honda distributor, so the manual has been translated into our language. I discover most of my manual are accurate, like how to use the audio, and there is no instruction of xm radio (because we don't have xm radio option here).

different case: the manual didn't include the calibration of the outside temp sensor, but i learned from driveaccord.net, and it is the same. Also i noticed my center seatbelt end (in the rear seat) is accidentally went under the seat, so i learned also from driveaccord.net that there are 2 push button in under the rear seat, and yes, there it is in my accord, so i manage to solve that.

So i guess you are right, should be the same. Is the key hole easily spotted to look? In the manual said that it is in the center of the rear panel? is that so? Do you have a picture of your keyhole for folding the rear seat?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnikanor View Post
hi bok269, nice to meet you.

I live in Indonesia. I purchased my accord via official Honda distributor, so the manual has been translated into our language. I discover most of my manual are accurate, like how to use the audio, and there is no instruction of xm radio (because we don't have xm radio option here).

different case: the manual didn't include the calibration of the outside temp sensor, but i learned from driveaccord.net, and it is the same. Also i noticed my center seatbelt end (in the rear seat) is accidentally went under the seat, so i learned also from driveaccord.net that there are 2 push button in under the rear seat, and yes, there it is in my accord, so i manage to solve that.

So i guess you are right, should be the same. Is the key hole easily spotted to look? In the manual said that it is in the center of the rear panel? is that so? Do you have a picture of your keyhole for folding the rear seat?
Unfortunately my car is presently over a hundred miles away, so I'm unable to take a picture of it and my attempts to find a picture that showed the release was unsuccessful. If my memory serves me correctly, the release is located a few inches behind the row of headrests in between the left and middle passenger seats. It consists of a raised plastic ring with a metal keyhole in the center.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:46 AM
4th Gear

hahaha..... guess the standard isn't the same.
after spending 1 hour in the afternoon, i came to the conclusion that the seat is different.

there is no key hole, on string to be pulled. Guess different market different options, huh?
guess in tropical country there are no need for ski trip, or we discipline our kids enough for not playing in the trunk, hahaha..... (joke)

i notice in mine there are no key holes also in the trunk, so to open it, you must use the remote or from the driver seat, is it the same there? maybe it is to prevent kids from entering the trunk?

well, as mentioned, in here accord is considered a luxury car, so maybe it is not intended to carry large stuff, and that is why we cannot fold the rear seat.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:39 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnikanor View Post
hahaha..... guess the standard isn't the same.
after spending 1 hour in the afternoon, i came to the conclusion that the seat is different.

there is no key hole, on string to be pulled. Guess different market different options, huh?
guess in tropical country there are no need for ski trip, or we discipline our kids enough for not playing in the trunk, hahaha..... (joke)

i notice in mine there are no key holes also in the trunk, so to open it, you must use the remote or from the driver seat, is it the same there? maybe it is to prevent kids from entering the trunk?

well, as mentioned, in here accord is considered a luxury car, so maybe it is not intended to carry large stuff, and that is why we cannot fold the rear seat.
We don't have a trunk keyhole either.

It wouldn't be surprising if the seats couldn't fold although pretty much every vehicle here comes with folding seats, luxury vehicle or not. It might just be a geographic thing. That being said, I'm still surprising they would include it in the owner's manual if it wasn't there.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoke526 View Post
If you cannot find the keyhole, then lok in the trunk for a pull cord. In the US the cars have a handle that releases the seats due to kids hopping in the trunk and dying.
false. thats what the emergency latch that glows in the dark is for. by law all cars have it as a safety feature. the fold down seats is just an option to extend the trunk for long objects
Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 PM
4th Gear

@paperboy42190: nice law for safety feature you got there. i wonder, sometimes i watched US made box office movie, and then the bad guys locked a guy in a trunk, could he just find the cord and escape from the rear seat? hahaha........

well, for transporting a person in a trunk, it is best to use asian made accord then, as they cannot do anything to the rear seat, LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.