keys locked in trunk, AAA comes and unlocks in 15 seconds flat, no alarm nothing :( - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:50 PM
2nd Gear

keys locked in trunk, AAA comes and unlocks in 15 seconds flat, no alarm nothing :(

so, i go to FedEx today to drop off a package and I was packing/taping it in the trunk outside kinkos (yeah, I'm one of those guys lol), then I pick up the box, close the trunk and walk towards the door, shit, i realized i left the key in the trunk, never (almost) in my 20 yrs of driving history have i done something this stupid (well, one actually, about 17-18 yrs back I left my dad's fiat engine running and closed the door for a sec, realized it was locked, panicked like crazy since i wasn't allowed to drive as a kid, finally decided to try other keys on the door lock and found out that any key ended up opening it ). i run to open the door and its locked... sux. for once, the auto door lock convenience features kicks me in the groin.

anyway, i walk into kinkos and drop off the box. i then called AAA (just few days back, my membership auto renewed with the credit card on file and i've been debating whether to call them and cancel it lol) and blah blah blah... in 1/2 hr the guy was here and had a thin iron rod like a coat hanger thingy and a soft pad with vaccum pump (very basic tools), he pryed open the molding on the door (no damage nothing) and open the lock in a few seconds. car didn't alarm & i was shocked, this is a 2011 accord

anyway, i thank him and am off my way. forgot to mention, while waiting for AAA, I called honda roadside assistance and was asked to read last 8 digits of VIN number and she said I would be charged on the service depending on the service provider... thank you AAA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
6th Gear

craziness

030810 Accord Coupe V6 Auto, P2R Ported Intake Runners, Farenheit Navi w/Backup Cam, Zexen Taillights, M3 Rooflip Spoiler
072612 Totaled by a Hit-and-Run Drunk Driver: RIP
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 PM
3rd Gear

Had keys in the trunk while changing, wind slams the lid down. Car unlocked, trunk popper locked, center console on the back seat locked. 2 hour waitfor lock out services. I ended up using a flattened penny to pry the back seat reach thru. Pop the trunk as a park ranger pulls, hand on his gun, and he says how you doing son? Told the story to him, called me a dumbass and moved on. Gotta love it.
Turn signals in the side view mirrors
Magnefilter on the tranny
Dynamat like crazy and speaker upgrades
Acura rear sway bar 17mm
Front strut bar (ebay cheapo)
Carbon fiber hood
Blue paint on the engine plastics also
Tanabe Sustec Coilovers
Wicked camberkit on the rear
DC Sports CAI
Acura Intake Manifold
Magnaflow 14832 dual muffler conversion
DC sports header
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Doc Mojo

someone popped my door on my out corolla with some wire/coat hanger to steal things. The cable end up being damaged and I had a hard time locking the door afterwards. Hopefully yours will be fine.

>>Build Thread Here<<
>>List of Mods with Links<<
>>Ported I4 Intake Runners<<
Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Send a message via AIM to Gosha
There is a difference in locking your keys and locking your keys when you use the key fob to lock the car. Go do a test tomorrow, open windows half way and lock all doors from the outside with the fob. Then reach inside and pop the black nob on the door, an alarm will go off.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosha View Post
There is a difference in locking your keys and locking your keys when you use the key fob to lock the car.
How does one lock their keys? Do you have a DIY for this?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
how does one lock their keys? Do you have a diy for this?
..... lol
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2011, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

im not sure about your 2011, but when i locked my keys in the trunk in my 2011 last week. AAA came and did the same thing you mentioned and my alarm went off..
Old 06-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minghi View Post
so, i go to FedEx today to drop off a package and I was packing/taping it in the trunk outside kinkos (yeah, I'm one of those guys lol), then I pick up the box, close the trunk and walk towards the door, shit, i realized i left the key in the trunk, never (almost) in my 20 yrs of driving history have i done something this stupid (well, one actually, about 17-18 yrs back I left my dad's fiat engine running and closed the door for a sec, realized it was locked, panicked like crazy since i wasn't allowed to drive as a kid, finally decided to try other keys on the door lock and found out that any key ended up opening it ). i run to open the door and its locked... sux. for once, the auto door lock convenience features kicks me in the groin.

anyway, i walk into kinkos and drop off the box. i then called AAA (just few days back, my membership auto renewed with the credit card on file and i've been debating whether to call them and cancel it lol) and blah blah blah... in 1/2 hr the guy was here and had a thin iron rod like a coat hanger thingy and a soft pad with vaccum pump (very basic tools), he pryed open the molding on the door (no damage nothing) and open the lock in a few seconds. car didn't alarm & i was shocked, this is a 2011 accord

anyway, i thank him and am off my way. forgot to mention, while waiting for AAA, I called honda roadside assistance and was asked to read last 8 digits of VIN number and she said I would be charged on the service depending on the service provider... thank you AAA
on my accord i have to hit the lock button twice to activate the alarm, also getting the door open is much easier then getting hte igntion on without a key, that said if they want it and have the know how your accord is rolling away
- OEM mudflaps
Old 06-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Murphy was an optimist

sounds like auto-lock doesn't set the alarm? i never tested this.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAccord View Post
on my accord i have to hit the lock button twice to activate the alarm, also getting the door open is much easier then getting hte igntion on without a key, that said if they want it and have the know how your accord is rolling away
This just reminded me. I forgot to test this, but I guess this means if you hit the button once it doesn't set the alarm? I just don't agree with the horn honking, why can't I have a soft beep like a Bentley

2005 EXL.. I'll test it out.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Honda Guido 0809

Send a message via AIM to HondaGuido08c
I Don't know about you but, I have two sets of keys. Why didn't you have someone bring you keys from home? the 2nd set? and just use those to open the trunk. That's what I would of done, which would never happen to me because I keep my keys in my pockets at all times haha..I dont trust Triple A or Honda for that matter, I DIY all the time even if I fudge things up, atleast you know its YOUR FAULT and no one elses, and an experience is learned for that matter.

Best of Luck
* 8K HID Kit
* JDM Stage 2 Yellow Fogs
* JDM Stage 2 High Beams
* Customized Red Calipers
* K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI (Intake)
* Upgraded Trunk & License Plate Lights
* Interior Blue Lighting + Underlighting

Future Mods:
19" or 20" Black Rims
Falken Tires

Future Car in Progress:
Nothing Catching My Eye

Member of NYC ALIVE
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 AM
4th Gear

From the manual it sounds like there are conditions when the alarm doesn't arm:
Quote:
The security system automatically sets 15 seconds after you lock the doors, hood, and trunk. For the system to activate, you must lock the doors from the outside with the key, driverís lock tab, door lock master switch, or remote transmitter. The security system indicator on the instrument panel starts blinking immediately to show you the system is setting itself.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuido08c View Post
I Don't know about you but, I have two sets of keys. Why didn't you have someone bring you keys from home? the 2nd set? and just use those to open the trunk. That's what I would of done, which would never happen to me because I keep my keys in my pockets at all times haha..I dont trust Triple A or Honda for that matter, I DIY all the time even if I fudge things up, atleast you know its YOUR FAULT and no one elses, and an experience is learned for that matter.

Best of Luck
I snapped this last week, some people bring the 2nd set of key all the time whenever they go...

FAILED
Old 06-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Honda Guido 0809

Send a message via AIM to HondaGuido08c
lol **** for you man..oh well atleast you got the car back
* 8K HID Kit
* JDM Stage 2 Yellow Fogs
* JDM Stage 2 High Beams
* Customized Red Calipers
* K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI (Intake)
* Upgraded Trunk & License Plate Lights
* Interior Blue Lighting + Underlighting

Future Mods:
19" or 20" Black Rims
Falken Tires

Future Car in Progress:
Nothing Catching My Eye

Member of NYC ALIVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.