Honda Security Question - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 05:01 AM
5th Gear

Exclamation Honda Security Question

Hi guys. I have a question regrading the security system on the 8th gen accord. Is immobilelize system also the security system of the car which mean when someone break into the car it will sound off the alarm. If not i want to buy the viper system, can you guys recommend me one that have alarm and remote-start. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pvnus View Post
Hi guys. I have a question regrading the security system on the 8th gen accord. Is immobilelize system also the security system of the car which mean when someone break into the car it will sound off the alarm. If not i want to buy the viper system, can you guys recommend me one that have alarm and remote-start. Thanks guys
I'm pretty sure the imobilizer chip has to do with the ignition components of the car, not the security system, however if you're going to install a remote start its going to have to bypass the imbolizer chip somehow, without the chip in your key the engine wont start at all trust me I tried while tinkering with my switchblade key.
Takeda Intake & Exhaust / ExLED Switchbacks, LEDs, Fog Lights / Megan Racing SS Coilovers / Jpower Arms / TL-19mm Rear Sway Bar / Moog End Links / 19'' Genesis Wheels & General Gmax AS-03 Tires / Junction Produce Tid-Bits
(so I don't forget what I've done to my car lol.)
To Do List: Tint, LED Rear Reflectors, Niche Milan M135 or STR607

The other forum/community is better, just saying...
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 AM
banned

U need something with a shock sensor, lots of brands to choose from i recomend any prestige for their compatibily with idatalink and flashlogic brains. Great price and great quality.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:38 AM
banned

DEI 556 for any custom work (total key bypass). Ads all or Fl can all day no problems.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:00 AM
5th Gear

How about Viper and Clifford?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 AM

Most people go with Viper 5902 and DBALL as the immobilizer bypass/doorlock interface.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pvnus View Post
The 8G Accord has two separate systems; a security system and an anti-theft system. In layman's terms, the security system makes noise if the perimeter is breached and is intended to prevent theft of the car's contents. On the other hand, the anti-theft system is a defence against the car being started and stolen. In other words the security system is the bark and the anti-theft system is the bite. One can be broken and the other will still do it's job.

As for adding additional security, I recommend adding a stealthy, well-installed fuel kill switch.

Lastly, I recommend that you ignore those who will inevitably come along as say "if they'll want it, they'll take it". I'm sure those people still lock their doors and take their keys when leaving their vehicle, even though they claim the situation is hopeless.

You need to put up a good fight and not make it easier.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM
banned

U need something with a shock sensor and passive arming. Prestige, Dei/Viper or many others . If you worry about someone Stealing the car I would not bother with any aftermarket system it's near impossible to start the vehicle without the actual key.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:06 AM
banned

I like idatalink modules a lot been using them since they came out. Dball will do the job as well.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:30 AM
4th Gear

Keep in mind that most aftermarket remote starters make it easier for someone to start your car without the key.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 AM
5th Gear

If you want to test the Antitheft system on accords, lock the car with front windows open.
After locking it, MAnually unlock with your finger from the inside while standing outside the car....this is the only time the alarm will work
Try it.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:15 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to krazyfiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
Keep in mind that most aftermarket remote starters make it easier for someone to start your car without the key.
Which spells out, a bad install.

75-80% of the system is in the install...no matter how good the product/tech is... if the installer cuts corners and/or does a hack job, I agree..one will succeed in making it an easier day for potential thieves

As others have stated...look for a reputable installer that has the credentials/feedback behind them. DEI, AutoPage, Clifford (which is the same as DEI now..just different model #'s) are good systems, but look for certified installers (even then, that can be deceiving, as Best Buy is authorized/certified...NO way would my car ever see one of those places).

Upper end DEI and AutoPage units have GPS tracking modules and iphone/android app support. This will cut some peoples insurance rate if you notify your carrier that you have such support--it equates to having LoJack but with more options at the user's end.

Past Stable-
08' Accord Coupe PMM w/Blk EX-L V6 31k miles (pur. 10.25.07-sold 8.24.10)
98' V8 Ford SHO Blk on Blk (sold outright)
91' 300zx MT N/A (totaled)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.