2007 honda accord check engine light came on help!!! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Problems & Solutions

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

2007 honda accord check engine light came on help!!!

I have a 2007 accord that i had since day one with a 107,000 miles on it i have taken care of this baby it just had the 90,000 mile service done at a honda dealership i dont feel nothing wrong with the car what can the problem be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

There are at least 100,000 things that can make that light come on including a loose gas cap. No one here has a crystal ball so get the trouble code read and determine what the malfunction is.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
6th Gear

Stop by your local autozone and they will get the code for free.... then take it from there...If it is a gas cap you would see a message where your oddometer is saying check gas cap......
Old 07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszappa1 View Post
Stop by your local autozone and they will get the code for free.... then take it from there...If it is a gas cap you would see a message where your oddometer is saying check gas cap......
i did that it is an o2 sensor is there a link that can help me change it out on this site?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 AM

which o2 sensor, do you have the code (it affects what DIY to use)
- OEM mudflaps
Old 07-09-2011, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAccord View Post
which o2 sensor, do you have the code (it affects what DIY to use)
the guys told me bank 1 sensor
Old 07-09-2011, 03:43 PM

again the specific code would be helpful. I think it is the one right under the hood, however it is difficult to be precise without the specific code. so i cannot help without the code i guess. rather its bank 1 sensor 1 or two makes a difference where it is on the car. Its not THAT big a deal but dont drive to florida, and you want to get this fixed within a thousandK or risk motor harm
- OEM mudflaps
Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Reset Check Engine Light 2007 Accord

6-12-2013. To Reset the Check Engine Light in a 2007 Accord SE, I learned the following by trying the suggestions of others. First, resetting the trip odmeter push button procedure only works to reset the maintenance required light; it does NOT reset the Check Engine light. Second, removing for 30 seconds the clock fuse, which in our car is the #5 fuse in the left side-panel fuse box, a combined fuse for the radio and clock, does NOT reset the Check Engine light. Finally, removing the Negative Terminal on the car's battery for 30 seconds DID reset the Check Engine light. If the "removal of the battery's negative terminal" procedure does not work, that probably means you have an on-going Check Engine light code problem. In my case, it's likely the Check Engine light reset because the initial cause of the Check Engine light was transitory and no longer existed. Of course, this procedure then requires that you enter the anti-theft 5-digit code into the radio to reset it, and at the same time, you'd then have to reset the clock, both are easy procedures.

PS- for what it's worth, I know a number of people, including us at one time with one of our Honda's, that run their cars without any apparent problems NOTWITHSTANDING that the Check Engine light is continuously on. You may not "pass" your yearly emission inspection in that state, but at least you could drive your car until then without having to sink a huge amount of cash chasing difficult to cure Check Engine light issues. Although I have a background in vessel machinery operations and lawyering, I am NOT AN EXPERT BY ANY MEANS WITH RESPECT TO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ISSUES. With that said -- and you'll never hear this said by any auto mechanic or Honda dealer (they have a vested interest in focusing you on the scary possibilities), but I suspect that the odds of a Check Engine light issue being anything seriously damaging to the engine per se, are extremely low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.