HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!! 22ct gold bracelet dropped into e-brake slot! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
3rd Gear

Exclamation HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!! 22ct gold bracelet dropped into e-brake slot!

hello all,

i hope someone can help me find a solution or suggestion as to how to find this 65gram 22ct gold bracelet that jut came undone & slipped right thru the ebrake crack. i removed the paneling around the e-brake & i can barely fit my hands down there. i do not know what else to do, i cannot see it, feel it or know where it could possibly have slipped or traveled to. has anybody ever lost something in the e-brake slot before & had any success finding it?

also, are there any holes in the bottom of the car it could have just fallen out of & is (was) laying on the road somewhere for a lucky guy to pick up. the bracelet is worth over 3500 bucks even at 92.7% of gold's value around 1800/oz. i have had it for 12 years & really want to get it back somehow.

any suggestions would greatly help!! unless i am literally standing over a mechanic or whoever, i would not trust them to go looking for it at any dealer/mechanic. they would just say, nope didnt find it & pocket it for suuuuure. i am willing to rip the car apart to find it, it has religious sentimentality & engravings & i just feel naked & vulnerable without it. Thanks a bunch guys, i hope we can solve this issue together. have a safe & lovely weekend all. Thanks again, Z
Interior blue LED ambiance w/ knob dimmer
DD Audio, Mcintosh HU, AudioControl Three.1 - 1/2 din
APR Carbonio custom Fog light CF CAI, audi sourced.
O.Z. Alleggerita HLT 18" @ 17lbs/wheel (charcoal)
Super Sport Michelins
Tanabe exhaust, blue flamed.
PowerSlot Drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk Pads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Dats da way to do...

Send a message via AIM to johnnydinh701
u can pull out the cup holder/whole center console
3000k 35w Foglight HIDs
8000k 55w lowbeam HIDs with relay harness
20% 3M tint all around
M3 rear window spoiler
interior 4 12inch LED floor lighting
WeatherTech inchannel window Visors
lower intake resonator removed
Red caliper paint
lower Grille
All four OEM speakers replaced with Clarion speakers

Future MODS
Takeda SRI
Megan Coilovers
Rear Camber kit
Magnaflow muffler
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Honda Nation

The best thing to do is remove the entire center console. If you do a search or go to the audio forum on driveaccord.net, you can find the complete step by step guide to removing the center console.

Don't worry about holes, anything that must go through the chassis to something outside (like the e-brake cable) goes through sealed gromets.

Dec. 1999 - May 2010: 2000 Prelude 5 MT, sold with 220,000 miles and still running great - gone, but not forgotten
Old 09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
3rd Gear

i remove the whole center console 2 diff time w/ no luck. i think i have to remove the seats or possibly back seat as well. it is most likely beneath the carpeting somewhere. i just don'y know what to do. i fear i may never find it & if i enlist help, it will be stolen.

anyone on the forum lost something in the e-brake area & found a solution to retrieve it? if so, how did you go about it? thx for the quick reply Johnny & Fastball. i will keep u all posted. i may call Honda & see what they recommend doing. is there any device like a metal detector that would solely find precious metals (gold) that anyone knows of?? if anybody has a diagram or picture of the coupes layout of the floor area would be helpful too. this is just awful. it only happened wednesday, i have not driven the car since so that it doesn't move further out of reach. man, this really blows.
Super Sport Michelins
Old 09-02-2011, 12:38 PM
5th Gear

It's gotta be in there. Take out the center console and take a GOOD luck. Maybe it fell into the track on the passenger seat instead?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 PM
3rd Gear

$3500 bucks? I'm thinkin' someone's probably retrieving it for, um, you, right about now.

HFP body kit, HFP suspension, T-Rex billet grilles, 35/20 tint, WeatherTech liners, Toyo Garrit snows/stock rims, Bremmer Kraft BR02 chrome wheels/stock tires, ATEQ Quickset tpms tool, LED tails, Custom Dynamics LED third brake light, Xenon Depot Phillips 4300K HID, ShadowSpeed roof lip spoiler. Past rides: '72 Impala Coupe, '76 Olympic Edition Chevelle, '79 Z28, '85 CRX, '88 Z24, '89 CRX Si, '92 Intergra GSR, '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, '05 Ram 1500 RC SB 4x4.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
bodyboarder

Send a message via AIM to Rich Send a message via Yahoo to Rich Send a message via Skype™ to Rich
theres no way it got under the carpet unless it slid down that carpet "slit" thats on the sides of the inner underneath of the console but if need be take out all the seats, center console, door sills and then left up the carpet and start looking!

Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Hybrid Photography
Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 PM
BringTheIntegraBack

Bottom line: It is not falling out of your car. You WILL find it; just a matter of how many interior items you end up removing. So don't panic!
Photos here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60979

1992 Integra LS 3DR 5MT
Bone Stock; Original Owner
590,000 miles!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:42 PM
3rd Gear

how difficult is it to remove the front seats? is there a DIY tutorial anywhere on here? i tried searching w/ no luck. also, i do not want to set off any air bags etc. but, i think that is my only resort. just removing the center console gives you very very little room to feel around or even look around, no matter what angle. i have exhausted allll options through removing the center console. it could very well have fallen in between the carpeting on either side of the console. it also could have slid backwards towards the rear seat area. my hands are so cut up & scratched from trying to reach & feel around all the sharp bare metal that is under the center console. i think i have to start removing the seats now b/c it is definitely not attainable thru removing the center console. im so upset, i don't know what to do at this point. i hate having to tear the car apart, but the thought of losing that bracelet which is worth 20% of the total car's value is also unacceptable.

if anyone has removed the seats or could provide me with a link/tutorial, that would be great. thanks for all the input everyone. i will continue to keep you all posted.
Super Sport Michelins
Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 PM
3rd Gear

is it possible to just remove the door sills to lift up the carpet enough to reach around under the seats?? or will the seats not allow me to reach more than a few inches if i were to just remove the door sills to expose the carpeting?
Super Sport Michelins
Old 09-04-2011, 09:12 PM
The Scratcher

Good luck on finding it and i hope to god that it aint in some silly easy to reach location in the end...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear

bandigo, i sure hope not. but, odds are, it will be somewhere we all would least expect it to be. w/ my luck it will be in the trunk by the time i rip out the entire interior. i hope to know by tomorrow, as i will be going to town & ripping the car apart to find it.

i just cannot believe i am the 1st person on the forum to have dropped/lost something in the e-brake slot. i was really hoping someone on the forum had los something of value, monetary or not in the e-brake slot & would suggest or instruct me upon how they went about finding it. if anyone has experienced this, pleeeease chime in. thx for the help everyone.
Super Sport Michelins
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 AM
The Scratcher

I avoid handling precious items in the car, I've learned my lessons :[
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM
4th Gear

@vtechokie: i own a 7th gen, and seeing your thread, i look in my accord, it is very very difficult to drop something in the e-brake for the 7th gen.

but, i hope you can find your bracelet after you open the console, etc.
'01 accord (current car)
'06 accord (current car)
always been a Honda family :)
Old 09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
3rd Gear

yea, it is was a freak accident. its 22ct, so the gold is quite malleable. the link was just a normal figure 8 type clasp that often needed to be re-clamped or tightened. it was just a bad day where the link/clasp was loose & the bracelet just came undone as a i rested my right hand on the shifter as i always do when driving. my matching chain had the same type of clasp, i already switched it out for a lobster claw clasp this morning. b/c i defintely did not want a repeat w/ the necklace. was just horrible luck. of allll places it could have fell, it fell into the 1/4 inch gap of the e-brake. i was unable to remove any seats or parts due to rain or 100 degree weather. so, i doubt i will have the time to do anything until the weekend now. i, however, did find a person i can trust to help me remove parts & look for it. i know he will not steal it. i just pray we find it. thx for all the good wishes everyone. i will cont to keep you all posted. have a great week & make sure your gold has a real clasp; especially if it is 18ct or higher lol.
Super Sport Michelins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.