03 Accord A/C fuse location - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > The Honda Accord Lab > Problems & Solutions

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 PM
1st Gear

03 Accord A/C fuse location

Hi there! This is my first message here. I came to this board looking for a bit of help.

I have a 2003 Accord DX Sedan and today the A/C stopped working. No cooling at all. Blower and all indicator lights inside work but the compressor does not appear to be kicking in. I suspect this is an electrical problem such as a blown fuse. However I have not found any blown fuse but I don't know which is the A/C compressor fuse at all. I looked at the fuse box in the kick panel inside but I don't know if any of them belongs to the A/C. None of the labels tells me it is for the A/C.

I then looked at the fuse box in the engine compartment and found what appears to be a relay with a snow flake icon in the cover which I guess is for the A/C. Since I have no way of knowing if it is bad I just exchanged it with the two other relays of the same type found there and tried to see if the A/C started working again but it didn't.

I still think it is an electrical problem. Where is the fuse for the A/C compressor?

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2006, 12:20 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Welcome. The A/C has a self diagnostic system if you have the testing equiptment. A dealer could likely tell you pretty quickly.

How to Retrieve a DTC
The audio-HVAC display panel has a self-diagnostic function for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:

Turn the ignition switch OFF.

Turn the fan switch OFF.

Set the temperature control dial on Max Cool, then push the mode control button to select Vent.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Press and hold the recirculation control button.

While holding the button down, press the rear window defogger button five times within 10 seconds. The recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self-diagnostic will begin.

If there is any problem in the system after self-diagnostic is finished, the recirculation indicator will blink Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 6. If there are any problems in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit, the A/C indicator will blink DTC 7 or 8.

If no DTC's are found, the indicator will not blink.

The fuse is #30 under the hood.

Most likely cause is that your freon is too low.

I kicked cancer's butt! You might be next!!!! :)

(_l_)(_/_)(_l_)(_\_)(__)(_l_)(_/_)(_l_)(_\_)(__)(_l_) butt dance.

the latest in a long line of Hondas:

His: '06 Ridgeline RTL with Nav Steel Blue, rear view & cargo cameras, iVES, hitch, INfinity speakers, running boards, alternate front grille, garnish, roof rack, now with 18" Ridgeline rims

little '98 Civic sedan, commute beater car. Named Mater.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:40 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the information. I have already taken my car to the shop because with summer just starting the heat down here in the tropics is almost unbearable in the road.

Anyway the problem was not electric at all but just a little pebble that hit the condenser coil hard enough to cause damage and the refrigerant leaked. The guy at the shop found out when they performed a pressure test to the system.

Also found from them which fuse it is. It is labeled MG Clutch. Who knew!!

I will print your instructions about reading the diagnostic code just in case I need it in the future. I don't have diagnostic equipment. I am just a normal driver who happens to love his Accord. I was wondering the other day if there is such a way to read the diagnostic codes that cause the check engine light to come up without using any equipment. I used to have another car where you could ground some wire and by turning the ignition switch a couple of times to the ON position the check engine light would blink with a pattern indicating the diagnostic code.

This board is amazing. I will keep coming regularly.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Someone should try this on their 7th gen Accord and see if it works. I've done it on mine, works like a charm.

http://filtsai.com/accord/engine_codes/index.php
Old 05-27-2006, 01:48 PM
1st Gear

I tried Princess' suggestion after I got back my car from the shop and it works. Only thing is that there is no "Vent" button in my car (DX). Looking through the manual, there is no Vent button in any of the different A/C systems that came with the 03 Accord. Anyhow, I just skipped that step and it worked. No code (as expected after service) was given but the recirculation control light did blink twice.

Haven't tried BenjiBoy's suggestion but did find the service plug under the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.