Remote start for 2011 Accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
My First Post

Remote start for 2011 Accord

The dealer-installed remote start works great at the dealership but not at my wife's office - where it works about 20% of the time and only if I'm standing within 10 feet of the car. Her office is very near a TV tower, so I suspect RF interference. However, her boss's wife's remote start works just fine from inside the building. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
Welcome! My thoughts are the OEM remote start 5ucks. I had it, the range was terrible and there were too many limitations. I hated it enough that I just ate the cost and got a Python installed less than a year later.

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
Old 12-06-2011, 04:16 PM
5th Gear

This is just a random question. Are there any downsides to using remote start often? Does it wear out any components faster? Or would it be almost exactly the same as using the key to start the car?

Btw, the Honda OEM remotes do ****. My keyless entry remote sometimes doesn't work unless I'm about 2 feet away from the car. I don't understand how it can be that terrible. In the morning, I use my Viper 5901 remote to open the trunk, start the car, and unlock the doors.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdbruin View Post
This is just a random question. Are there any downsides to using remote start often? Does it wear out any components faster? Or would it be almost exactly the same as using the key to start the car?
All it does is waste fuel. For me it's a fair trade off to get into an already cooled or warmed car.

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.