Homelink, Blue Ambient - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 8th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Generation 9

Homelink, Blue Ambient

Has anyone successfully installed the blue ambient light that was on the 08, 09 models on an 2011 Sedan model? I have search and saw it was done on a Coupe but have not seen it on the Sedan. I am not sure if there is any wiring up there to tap into. If I buy the unit can I get a shop to do the install or am I wasting my time because of the wiring issue not being up there? I have no use for the homelink I have up there and wouldn't mind the ambient light instead. I have an EX-L V6.
LEDS - Interior, Doors, Maps, Dome, Trunk
Blue LEDS Center Console, Footwells Illuminated

Future Projects
Tints, the Legal NY laws
Door Sills

Products, Lexol,
WET PAINT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Honda Nation

This can get tricky, because as I understand it, the wire harness that has the blue LED also has the wiring for everything else in your overhead console (dome lamps, homelink, moonroof)..... and in 2010 bluetooth was made standard while the LED was removed.

Sooooooooooooo......

The harness for 2008-09 models will have an LED wire but no bluetooth speaker. The harness for 2010-12 models will have bluetooth speaker but no LED. Seems to me you'd have to get the harness for the 08-09 and then pull off the LED wire from the harness, then put it in as one singular wire through your driver's a pillar and then into wherever you can find a connection off your headlamp circuit.

I may be wrong on that, but if you get it to work, however you do, let us know. I'd like to be able to add factory bluetooth to my non-navi 09. Lord knows I KNEW they'd make it standard on non-navi premium sound models for 2010 simply because I saw the bluetooth symbol in the LCD of my HVAC/stereo display center. So the car was originally engineered with bluetooth in mind from the beginning, it's just missing the transceiver and microphone.

Dec. 1999 - May 2010: 2000 Prelude 5 MT, sold with 220,000 miles and still running great - gone, but not forgotten
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 AM
1st Gear

collegehillshonda.com has the home link system that runs off a 9volt battery. so you don't need to mess with wires. not sure if it has the blue light though.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 AM
"Old School" Shifter

Could just tap into the hot wire for the map lights--- would be on all the time but would save a lot of grief and work-- To tell the truth I can't tell its on half the time in my 08 6-6. I think it would be better to get the foot well lights.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Generation 9

Got the footwells and tapped into them for a cubby light...so that is why I want the light above to complete the "atmosphere"...Picked up a 09. sunroof part and took it apart but I don't even see a bulb..Digging into it it looks like some tiny white and clear square thing attached to a circuit board that leans up against the hole in between the switches so not even sure if this is the right part or not since I can't light it up..I don't know where to go from here..I would like to just put in a small led myself and tap into a wire but have idea which one to tap and have it be on all the time..They last forever anyways..

Future Projects
Tints, the Legal NY laws
Door Sills

Products, Lexol,
WET PAINT
Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Generation 9

These are pics of the boards I am looking at....
Attached Images

Future Projects
Tints, the Legal NY laws
Door Sills

Products, Lexol,
WET PAINT
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
4th Gear

What posting shows it done on a 11-12 Coupe? I can't find it after several searches.

5% Llumar CTX | OEM 06+ Civic 3rd LED Brake Light | Xenon Depot Xtreme Digital 5000K | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors | Vleds 5000k LED Switchbacks | exLED Interior LED Kit 6000k | OEM V6 Trunk Lip Spoiler| OEM Backup sensors | OEM Ambient Light Kit | OEM Fog Lights
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
i-VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishstrong09 View Post
What posting shows it done on a 11-12 Coupe? I can't find it after several searches.
I also have looked deeply into this, since I would really like to add this to my coupe, and I cannot seem to find this post you are talking about, or any other good post. If you could post the link to the thread with this being done on the coupe that would be much appreciated

Also, I seem to have noticed that in your signature it says "Ambients Interior" which I assume is the OEM blue footwell lights, "LED Center Storage Compartment" which I assume is the LED you had said you put into the cubby in the center console under the radio (also interested in how you did this), but then it also says "Blue LEDS Center Console Illuminated" ? Are you talking about this Ambeint light shining down from the dome/map lights? If so, this must mean you have finally gotten it done?! Could you let us know details on it if you have gotten it installed successfully I am very interested, and I am sure many others would take interest in this as well!

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX 5spd

Old 07-24-2012, 01:33 PM

would you be interested in selling the homelink? i can send you my gray cover to replace where your homelink is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.