Fuel pump cut off switch - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 05:10 AM
5th Gear

Fuel pump cut off switch

Well last night I had an awful dream that was so realistic. My car was stolen out front of a liqueur store while I was in the grocery store next door. I bought two packs of hot dogs and bean's. Ended up stealing them in the rush to only return to pay for them because my car was gone. I remember it didn't have a security system so nothing alerted me while I was away from it. Once I woke up from the dream I remembered seeing something about a fuel cut off switch for easy anti theft device. I think Tracy from Trucks! showed me it. Anyway my question to you guy's is what wire should I splice into for the cut off switch? Should I go directly to the pump's wiring or should I follow the wire back some away from the pump and splice it there so it doesn't look obvious. Would a 25 amp toggle switch suffice? Any good suggestion's for hiding it? I know I probably don't have much to worry about but at least I could sleep better at night knowing my car is shut off and will be very difficult to start if your a thief.
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley909 View Post
Well last night I had an awful dream that was so realistic. My car was stolen out front of a liqueur store while I was in the grocery store next door. I bought two packs of hot dogs and bean's. Ended up stealing them in the rush to only return to pay for them because my car was gone. I remember it didn't have a security system so nothing alerted me while I was away from it. Once I woke up from the dream I remembered seeing something about a fuel cut off switch for easy anti theft device. I think Tracy from Trucks! showed me it. Anyway my question to you guy's is what wire should I splice into for the cut off switch? Should I go directly to the pump's wiring or should I follow the wire back some away from the pump and splice it there so it doesn't look obvious. Would a 25 amp toggle switch suffice? Any good suggestion's for hiding it? I know I probably don't have much to worry about but at least I could sleep better at night knowing my car is shut off and will be very difficult to start if your a thief.
Does it have door locks? If you are that worried a steering wheel club would be a lot cheaper then butchering your electrical system.

Previously owned, but not forgotten:
2004 Accord LX I4 Sedan - Graphite Pearl
Old 06-27-2012, 05:48 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Does it have door locks? If you are that worried a steering wheel club would be a lot cheaper then butchering your electrical system.
It has door locks and they work but I always thought that when it beeped there was some sort of an alarm but I tried it one day and nothing no alarm nothing just unlocked and opened up. Do those club's even work? Plus the switch is quick and easy to use vs putting the club on every time when I could just flip a switch.
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
It has door locks and they work but I always thought that when it beeped there was some sort of an alarm but I tried it one day and nothing no alarm nothing just unlocked and opened up. Do those club's even work? Plus the switch is quick and easy to use vs putting the club on every time when I could just flip a switch.
There must be something wrong with your factory alarm, unless for some reason it didn't come equipt with one. Try locking it with the windows down and then manually pulling the lock up and open the door, the alarm should go off. You could also press the 'PANIC' button on the remote and see if the alarm goes off. If regards to the club, yes the do work, they are designed to make it so you can't turn the wheel in a full circle when it is engaged. It would be less convienent then a switch, but this way you don't have to start messing with your electrical wires to add in a switch. It seems like an interesting idea but you have to ask yourself if its worth the time/money invested, or hurting your resale value - the average person might not want an additional switch for the fuel lines.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 AM

The immobilizer system is a built in fuel cut off. If they don't have a programmed key then the car gets not fuel to start.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:18 AM
5th Gear

True I didn't think of the immobilizer there is no way to by pass that? Also I tried the panic that work's but when I roll the windows down and lock I can pull the lock and nothing happen's I have the SE if that help's I am not sure if it comes with one or not? Maybe we just stumbled on something I need to fix asap.
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
<= Jeep differential LOL.

A fuel cutoff switch will do nothing when they hook up your car with a tow truck and drag it away.

No one steals cars in front of grocery stores unless the car is unlocked and keys in ignition. It simply takes too much time now. They'll just drag it somewhere else where they can work on it for a while.
├┼┤
2 4 R
Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
<= Jeep differential LOL.

Quote:
Also I tried the panic that work's but when I roll the windows down and lock I can pull the lock and nothing happen's I have the SE if that help's I am not sure if it comes with one or not? Maybe we just stumbled on something I need to fix asap.
Pull the lock knob up and then open the door.
├┼┤
2 4 R
Old 06-27-2012, 12:16 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshbar View Post
Pull the lock knob up and then open the door.
I tried that as well, does it take time to set the alarm? My intrepid would take about 15 second's for the light on the dash to flash slowly. For the first 15 second's it would flash fast you could reopen the door with no alarm.
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

The alarm will come on instantly. It sounds as though either its user error or your alarm system doesn't work.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
The alarm will come on instantly. It sounds as though either its user error or your alarm system doesn't work.
I think my alarm doesn't work...... any suggestion's?
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Old 06-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Is there a red light flashing in the cluster when you lock the doors? Wait about 30 seconds for the blinking to slow down and then try to open the door.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
Is there a red light flashing in the cluster when you lock the doors? Wait about 30 seconds for the blinking to slow down and then try to open the door.
I will try it I see one on the radio, not in the cluster I will check again though
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
5th Gear

I went out and tried it sat in the car locked horn sounded and then the radio anti theft blinked normally. Nothing on the radio nothing when I pulled the lock and opened the door.
Blitzsafe AUX input
18 inch wheels 245x45x18
Tint 20% rear 35% front
Parrot MKI9200
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Honda Racing Evolution

Just put a aftermarket alarm system on it. Some of them are way more sensitive and would beep even if somebody touches the car. There is also satellite tracking device that you can put on your car. If it ever gets stolen they will immediately track down the location and notify the police.

"Put your two cents in, and get a dollar back"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.