2004 accord 6 cd changer problem - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 06:24 AM
My First Post

2004 accord 6 cd changer problem

Could anybody help me with a 6 cd player problem? I have a 2004 honda accord ex/automatic. I was listening to a cd while driving and went to go change the cd. When I hit the button for the next cd.. and error message came up. The cd clicked a few times, then I tried to eject it. The cd would not eject and then after that I could not change any cds, play them, eject, load, nothing....
After that, I could no longer hit the cd/aux button to even turn the cd player on and had to use the steering wheel control to just get the cd player on.
We tried resetting the stereo by disconnecting the battery, but that just made it worse.. first the screen went blank, and then when we got that back, there was no option on the mode (steering wheel controls) button to even acknowledge that there is a cd player. The screen also does not show that there are any cds in the player, but there are all 6 in there, and no way to get them out!
Does anybody know how this could be fixed? And would it be more beneficial just to buy an aftermarket one, since I am sure it would be a lot less expensive than getting this one fixed, if there is no quick fix that we could figure out on our own? Pleas help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
3rd Gear

Exclamation

Your have to open the radio up. That's how I fixed mine. You have too pen up the brain of the radio and take out the disk that is stuck. There should be a video on YouTube on how to take the radio out of the dash. Hope that works cause it did for me!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 AM
My First Post

I have had them repair my radio and the garantee thier servieces!
Greg
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

i've had this same problem about two or three times and everytime the screen comes up with the Err message blinking off and on until i hit the Am/Fm button or power the stereo off ,i just bought a brand new CD yesterday and stuck it in CD 4 of the player the other CD ejected just fine but as soon as i loaded the new CD it just started giving me the ERR message this is so irritating is there a way to fix this problem or does this mean i just have to buy another CD changer player for my 2004 Honda Accord ?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

ok for some odd reason my CD player has started to play again but i think it's time to replace the damn thing before this happens again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.