Iphone Pandora issues with new EX-L - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation > Audio, Electronics & Lighting

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
BackInBlack

Iphone Pandora issues with new EX-L

Brought home our new Black EX-L tonite and after reading thru the manual and going to the handsfreelink.com site, I still cannot get Pandora to work. I do see that the text message and email features are not enabled for the Iphone but no insights into why that shouldn't work.
I have an Iphone 4 with iOS 5. Any other experiences, feedback with getting these items to work, I would be interested to hear. Other then that, I love this car, the cameras, safety features = excellent driving experience.

2013 Black EX-L w/ 28 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Out of Control

I see no reason why the 4 with iOS 5 should not work.

I just downloaded Pandora on a 4S with IOS 6 (which was just released and the Accord was developed before iOS 6) and it mated up within 10 seconds. I just hit the source button to Pandora and it connected.

I love the way it puts the album cover and title on the main screen.

I have never used pandora in a car and it is a great alternative to paying for XM (unless you use too much data on your limited data plan-I digress as usual).

It is unlikely a fault with the phone or the car.

If not already done, try deleting and reloading Pandora.

Next step, update the iphone to iOS 6. You will lose google maps and youtube. Apps are available for Youtube, maps are pending.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 PM
4th Gear

Pandora seems buggy when it is synced with the audio unit. Sometimes it would crash and the response time when changing tracks or custom station is very slow. Also the sync would disconnect too. I gotta HTC Evo 4G LTE and when it doesnt connect or disconnect, I would have to either restart the app or change the source to another then switch back for it to get recognized. Pandora has been buggy regardless if used with the car or on the phone.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 AM
5th Gear

I had a hard time getting Pandora to work as well (I've got an iPhone 4s) - it would connect just fine and show the song but I couldn't get any audio. I switched over to Aha (which worked perfectly) and back to Pandora and Presto it started working! It's almost like the audio was getting routed somewhere else.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdreibelbis View Post
I had a hard time getting Pandora to work as well (I've got an iPhone 4s) - it would connect just fine and show the song but I couldn't get any audio. I switched over to Aha (which worked perfectly) and back to Pandora and Presto it started working! It's almost like the audio was getting routed somewhere else.
As more and more people get the Accord, we will see if it's a widespread problem or just maybe the Pandora App itself on the phone that is buggy. I've used the Pandora App when I go on business trips as an alternative to XM Radio if there is nothing on XM and that App can be buggy as hell that I had to switch to Slacker Radio sometimes too.
Previous Cars:
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Alabaster Silver Metallic
1998 Honda Civic LX
1997 Mistubishi Galant ES
1989 Ford Mustang
Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 PM
BackInBlack

Still no Pandora, but today the voice recognition button on steering wheel would not activate anything. Changed sources, turned radio off, you name it. Finally pulled over and turned off car and back on and bingo, voice recognition worked. Didn't realize I was buying a Microsoft product . Will be reporting back to dealer on Monday to start seeing what they are hearing. Anyone else experienced that yet?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
Still no Pandora, but today the voice recognition button on steering wheel would not activate anything. Changed sources, turned radio off, you name it. Finally pulled over and turned off car and back on and bingo, voice recognition worked. Didn't realize I was buying a Microsoft product . Will be reporting back to dealer on Monday to start seeing what they are hearing. Anyone else experienced that yet?
My pandora continues to function but twice have had to re boot because the radio would do nothing- no FM, XM, or blue tooth.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
My pandora continues to function but twice have had to re boot because the radio would do nothing- no FM, XM, or blue tooth.
Aye - I had to "reboot" this morning as all my presets were gone and I couldn't get any audio (streaming or radio) to come out. Looks like they may have a few little bugs yet to be worked out. I wonder if they can update the software remotely?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:30 AM
4th Gear

I had to do the same when the speaker power was out of whack. Good thing I did not pull out of my neighborhood and pulled in front of a neighbors house and turned off the car and on again and the speakers were normal once again
Previous Cars:
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Alabaster Silver Metallic
1998 Honda Civic LX
1997 Mistubishi Galant ES
1989 Ford Mustang
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM
1st Gear

Hey guys, i got the new EX-L and the problem i'm having is that i don't even see the option under source for pandora. everything else is there even the new aha network but no pandora. Also when you guys say you rebooted the radio are you doing that by just turning off the car 3or something else. Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebatista View Post
Hey guys, i got the new EX-L and the problem i'm having is that i don't even see the option under source for pandora. everything else is there even the new aha network but no pandora. Also when you guys say you rebooted the radio are you doing that by just turning off the car 3or something else. Thanks
Re boot is turning the car off. I got the new iphone 5 yesterday and until I paired it, both Bluetooth and Pandora icons did not display on the screen. Once paired, they were present. Have you paired your phone yet?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
1st Gear

Question

Quote:
Re boot is turning the car off. I got the new iphone 5 yesterday and until I paired it, both Bluetooth and Pandora icons did not display on the screen. Once paired, they were present. Have you paired your phone yet?
I did and i can use the bluetooth connection to play music from my iPhone 5. I also try my wife's iPhone 4s no luck.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 AM
5th Gear

Aye - rebooting is turning the car off then on again - it's what computer tech people would call a "hard" reboot. I'll bet there's some secret back door into the audio system that let's you do a soft reboot - just need to find some hacker with some free time on their hands.

Curious - are people downloading the Hondalink app? Doesn't seem to offer much beyond an interface into aha. I'm hoping they upgrade it over time with some cool stuff.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Out of Control

I dont even know what aha is, what is the story with it.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:59 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
I dont even know what aha is, what is the story with it.
http://aharadio.com/what-is-aha

It's an app that lets you access facebook, twitter, Slacker and Shoutcast "stations" as well as location based stuff like restaurants and coffee shops (tell it your hungry and it will read off names of restaurants close to your location - sort of like siri on your iPhone) from your audio console. I'm thinking 'I can use it and cancel the XM radio after my 90 days are up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ex-l, iphone 4, pandora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.